[3.1+] WZ Mini: Scavenger Wars mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

[3.1+] WZ Mini: Scavenger Wars mod

Post by NoQ »

I'm finally working on a "play for scavengers" mod that will turn wz into a simple classic RTS with a relatively short tech tree, many different base structures and few fixed unit templates (thus "mini"). It will incorporate most stuff from the scav AI mod.
Here is the complete tech tree, should be pretty easy to remember.
  • mini.png
I could use some help with TCMasks for the scavenger models, cause most of them don't have player colors showing up anywhere right now.

I'm intending this to be mp-balanced, if possible, throwing away the current scav stats; of course it'd require quite some testing to achieve, and of course the stats may change in the process.

The mod includes two sorts of labs (you need to have an advanced lab actually built to carry out advanced research, like rockets, mortars and choppers), two sorts of factories (some tanks like bus and firetruck can only be produced in the heavy factory), two sorts of construction droids (the excavator is building faster than crane, unproportionally expensive and hard to destroy; use it to build on unsafe spots or when you are at truck limits and still want more).

This mod includes a skirmish AI called NullBot ~Mini~; no other AI is known to work with this mod, so make sure you select it when you want to play a skirmish game.
Last edited by NoQ on 09 Jun 2013, 15:37, edited 28 times in total.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: [3.1+] WZ Mini: Scavenger Wars mod

Post by Iluvalar »

Excavator : The engineering function is a producing function, it doesn't grow like that. Since you have to pay for all things, doubling the speed doesnt double the value at all.

For exemple, "u2" faction have 173% the power while the "gl" faction have 437% build speed... still you defeated me yesterday ;) .
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, it does have its HP doubled as well, and has improved armor. It's actually better than two cranes in all aspects.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I missed the "improved hp" aspect. My bad...

Btw, it's not lancer, they really have those distinct "micro-rockets". Could you please make them appear first ?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Emm, i didn't really understand the lancer thing. In stats we have scav pit minipods (looks like small minipods), scav pit lancer (looks like small lancer) and scav buggy (sic!) mra (that used to have the same small lancer model, but it was recently fixed in 3.1 #3365).

Which of them is micro rockets and which of them do you want to appear first? (:
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

"micro-rockets" (NRS name), lancers, tank killers and scourge all look like "lancer". I tought it would be a good idea to spread them as much as possible, so I put the minipods between the "scav lancer" and the real lancer.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, there's no real lancer here, how am i supposed to separate it?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Wow, we sure have a communication pb here XD.

I'm asking you to put those lancer-like scavenger rockets before the mini-pods for 2 distinct reasons :
A) That would explain why the project never botter with the micro-rockets tech.
B) That's was I chose for NRS as well... Just for consistency.

I wont debate more abou that because that's really a small detail. lol. didn't expected we would fill a page with that XD.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Good to see a dedicated mp version of WZ being offered, after years of trying to torture the original game into some kind of mp shape. If this works, then maybe the mainline offering can be restored to something like its original shape. (As it is, the 3.n now has a specific mp .wz, so in effect that version could be rebalanced back towards the original - before it becomes even more absurd ...
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Finally added a pre-alpha download to the first post. The current status is as follows:
  • All stuff mentioned in the tech tree picture should be already present. If it isn't, or you see any inconsistencies between the picture and the actual game, please report. In fact, this package is completely untested, apart from the early stuff; i made half of it without running the game and only had time to make sure that it doesn't crash at start, but most likely nothing works.
  • Balance is most likely crap, i don't have a reason to trust my intuition on that.
  • TCMask is missing on most models, which means it's a bit hard to tell your tanks from enemy tanks.
  • No AI is provided, and no AI is known to work; i will be doing one though, but so far multiplayer only.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

v0.01: fixes a lot of weird stuff and obvious errors found in the pre-aplha.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

I have a problem :cry:
wz2100-20120904_134823-Sk-Pyramidal-T1.png
Problem with my menu and power bar! XD
wz2100-20120904_140521-Sk-Pyramidal-T1.png
Hope it can be fixed! :wink:
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I'm not having anything like that. Does this problem show up all the time or after some time? Did you ever see it without this mod? Do you have any other mods installed?
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

It's just a problem with this mod and it's like that all the time!
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Are you using a recent WZ version (such as 3.1_rc2)?