World Domination Map for warzone 3.1!

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: World Domination Map for warzone 3.1!

Post by Berg »

Please fix Australia that’s not nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Berg wrote:Please fix Australia that’s not nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol2: My wife wants to visit Australia this year. Now i am considering voting against this idea. I prefer England, but...wtf :shock:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

UK looks a mess, Australia is just some blocky shape lodged in there. What is going on by Florida?!

I like the concept though. Maybe throw in some landmarks...
Alexandros
New user

Post by Alexandros »

I found v12 of this map in the Addons. My observations after playing once:
Some of the oil in Greenland and Siberia is unbuildable because it is in the two-tile zone on the edge of the map.
Every tile of land is navigable, even though mountains are slow. This has some of an unbalancing effect - Player 0 can overrun Player 1 fairly easily because a sensor can be placed on the Andes mountains and the whole base is suddenly covered with artillery. Likewise, Player 5 has plenty of open space to grow (without vehicle delay), but wouldn't be able to overrun Player 4 as easily if some of the Himalayas were unnavigable.
What is that land mass in the Caribbean? Cuba isn't that big.
Australia - really? The east coast curves the other way. It needs a Gulf of Carpentaria, and Broome is on the coast, not 700 miles inland.
Since there's so much sea oil, why not put Player 2 or 3 in Australia or Africa? Surely in the 22nd or 23rd century Africa and Australia have been tamed? South America obviously has. And it's still chilly having to live in Antarctica. :P