Maps by Spyro_Drag

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Re: Maps By Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Cool, wish i could get in and helpem, but im not a very good artist. kinda wish i could use em in my dream for a WZ2200.

Oh well, Hey im worken on a new map, ment to give a fealing of being in an under ground Tunnel. Be done some time today.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

hey if you got any advice fer my maps, please leave a note, i could use some help perfecting my style, also if you have any Base Setup Advice i would love it, as im noticing im not placeing the structers in a good formation?

Speaking of advice, in need some one to help me pick a place on my latest map to place a Start up groupe, if you contact me and want to help i will send you a copy of the Enlarged Bit map Show posible location's i would like to use.

This map will not have a base, except a comcenter and some starting units. But there are pleanty of area's, big and small, to start a base
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I'm attempting to write a guide on starting locations but need more feedback from other map makers: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... +Positions

In terms of starting structures, it's worth noting what affect the base type setting has on them: Player Initialisation.

I'd also look at maps by NoQ and Merowingg as they often include advanced starting bases so you can see what structures they use and how they place them.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

@ aubergine, Thanks fer the advice, But i meant in a dif way, but after a while i finally figured out what i wanted
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 16 Jun 2012, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

GRRRRR, i am so mad at my self right now, i just tried to load one of my own maps, and as soon as it did, the game crashed and shut down, it didnt even give me an error msg, and no error was recorded with my event viewer.

i loaded Simpli_City, just so yall know. If any one gets that prob, try and find out all you can and send that data to me, or if you figure out the prob, PLEASE TELL ME, either in a post, or in a PM.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Oh well...
Any ways, iv got 3 maps in the makings, one is almost compleat, just need some advice for it, the others just need to be built and posted, dont really need help wit them, not to say i couldnt use advice, i just dont need any for these 2 at this moment.

Advice is always welcome.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

We are waiting impatiently :)

Advice - do not rush with them :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

@merowingg, Nvm about the pic, i made up my mind about how i wanted to do this map, any way's, You got any tips er tricks on how to make a better map?
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

:hmm:

First of all read the manuals whcih are avaialble in the post where FlaMe is available, another thing is the more you practice the better you are. Look at and read the posts of others, there are also few posts where people ask important questions and provide solutions. Those are in Mapping Modding, and in Showcase too.

Drag after cute Spyro dragon or some drag?? ;)

Good luck Sir :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

@ Merowingg, es It is meant to represent Spyro the Dragon, But also Just because i Love Dragons in particular, and thank you.
Btw what do you think of my maps so far, and how do you like the way ive been posting them? if there was another way i could put them all in one place that was easier i woulda done it.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Alright, im making my first 10 player map, kind of a king versus pesent game, sept theres gana be 2 kings, and each group of pesents can either work together or be 5 separate teams, but the kings are loaded, lotsa defenses, lotsa oil, and they control the high ground. Wadya think, to much?

Here's a pic
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Well, im gana finish this map, then im gana try and find out why I cant play them, i think my computer has problems with the 3.1 graphics. oh well guess ill just hafta go without, but man am i guna miss playin this game... i just wish there was an option to use the old graphics with the new game.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

ok 10c_H_2_Kings is now compleated, version 1, it may be missing a few things though, and im not sure the supertanks i put into the game will work, i also forgot to make the SuperTrucks hav half-tracks, ill have to fix that in Version 2. anyways, i relly need to know what you guys think of this particular map, i probubly wont put to many out like it, so i want to make this one a Grander Map than my previous ones.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

@ Merowingg, es It is meant to represent Spyro the Dragon, But also Just because i Love Dragons in particular, and thank you.
Btw what do you think of my maps so far, and how do you like the way ive been posting them? if there was another way i could put them all in one place that was easier i woulda done it.
I see, have you seen the little dragons in the series Game of Thrones? those are made great as although they are very little they combine both charming and dangerous look perfectly.

Well remember it is you who maintain this thread, you are to make it as you feel it is good and like it, we can only suggest things. If I were you I would attach redy pictures to the posts, as many people are lazy enough not to click on the link of a map you are to show.. but I do not say it is bad, all look nice.

Thank you for your work, but I admit due to lack of time I didnt look at your latest work.

Bye.

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

@merowingg, i would place the pic in as an attachment like you said, but i can only place 3 attachments at a time, or so the program says as of yet, but the links to the pics auto load them, you dont have to download them at all, and some can be zoomed in on, at least thats how it works for me, and i try while im not logged in, to either site.

Anywho, thank you for the kind words and advice, i do wish to improve, and to all else who read this, i do wish for more advice, expsecaly pertaining to my latest map, H_2_Kings, as this is the first ever 10 player map i have ever made, and the first map to contain custom tanks by me... i dont know if they worked though, because my version of warzone is to graphics intence for my lame computer, but the last 2.whatever version works fine. unfortunatly... that version dosent work with that map, or any others because i used 3.1 only items and specs. so i do need all feedback you can give me inorder to fix any problems.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, do not hesitate to inform me of map issues, I mean it from the bottom of my heart, otherwise i have no other way of knowing.