Maps by Spyro_Drag

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Re: Maps By Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Ok, Crazy Roads Large Edition is out and ready to go, i added too much power so im going to edit that later, also i made sure to add enough "gateways" for the AI And yes the roads are larger, i still tried to make it so that even if you destroy the buildings in the city, you wouldnt be able to build or move over the wrekage, although i dont know if it worked cause i cant test it my self. Also i did add scavs into the mix, so the map is best played with the Scav mode listed in the DESC. if youve got any questions regarding the old version, i do still have it and i renamed it. But if you want it, Dont post it, PM me for it OK?
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Re: Maps By Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Meeh? i think i need to work on crazy roads a bit more, people dont seem to be downloading it nearly as much as my previous work... Any suggestions?
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Re: Maps by Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Well i havnt had any sudgestions yet, but i was also wondering what everyone thought about my ideas post, the one that shows all my future projects and a simple desc about them, its about half way down the first page of this forume topic.
Time, it is always moving, even when we stop.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

ok, well its colder than a witches youknowwhat over here, so im take a breack form my maps, i might cheack in and out on my forume, so... LOVEYA!?! :)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

It's have always been like that in the warzone2100 map making circle as far as I remember. Beside sg1efc that hypocritically "thanks" everyone that he don't even care trying the maps, we get so few feedbacks of any kind... Sorry but i'm busy with my own mods, my own maps and when I have more free time, my real life.

To make maps in this game, you really need to do it for yourself and the sole creative enjoyment you can extract from the making of the map itself.

I really hope you will be back from that break with the envy to make maps again. Because there is interesting creativity in your designs.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Here he is, Spyro my favourite self-narrating mapmaker :)

Do not give up on making maps so easily, to be good, perfect, it takes time. As Iluvalar spotted, your thread may have got moved far avay due to some causes ;) even my thread was dethroned for the first time in my history here over a month ago :3

Iluvalar made very interesting point, and I think that the most important. Makes map that enjoy you! And as you and only feel them, make your style. Do not create according to others, but there always will be someone who will be disappointed.

Also there is this magic that some maps are being loved the other.. not, and there is no particular or very obvious reason.
To make maps in this game, you really need to do it for yourself and the sole creative enjoyment you can extract from the making of the map itself.
Iluvalar you shouldn't tell me that, now even more people will hate me at some maps terms making ;)

Spyro, head up, rethink, rerun FlaMe when the approopriate tame comes, and enjoy what some of us deeply do :)

Kill them all!

Mero :ninja:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

WOOT, thanks guys. But Dang is it cold today... Think im jusat gana curl up and read a good stratagy book, than later when it warms up im gana look for more bits and peices to use in my tile set. i still need som instruction on that but thatl come later. Stop the Nexsus and Save the world boys and galss
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Stop the Nexus and Slave the World
fixed (:
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Oh haha... Dork.

Any who, its storming here now, so i cant risk having my computer on much till its over, but when it is, ill be working on a newer map.
_FireSword_
New user

Post by _FireSword_ »

I love your map's keep up the good work
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

been off a while, been workin on my comp hardware, no improvment, nithuin i can update... DANGIT
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

stated on Crazy Roads Medium, hit a bump, in the proverbial Road, might take longer that i thought. Btw, any one got a good, city like tile set i could use, and if its alright, take apart?
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

:lecture: ok, i... had a map block moment the other day, ended badly... i... deleted crazy medium, and now i have to start again... "but what about your recycle bin" ya ya, i know. i use a prgram know as C Cleaner. i wipes my recycle bin and other "cache" stuff, so its gone gone. also ima try to learn the language know only as |_337,(translation "LEET") so i may attempt it during new and old posts.

Also some one mentioned to me that i need to post more picks of my maps. not just the layout ones. i will make further attempts to do so. also, from time to time i will make refrences to one of my re-done posts that list upcoming projects, so keep an eye on that one as well.

and yes, im very... :augh: ... lately, bad month.. dont ask... :stare:
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 08 Dec 2012, 02:25, edited 1 time in total.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

ok, total awsome sauce. ive decided to make "in flame" screen shots of my maps, 3 at a time mostly, and post them with direct links to the download. i know i said i wouldnt, but i though about it, and ive decided it would be better for every one, also because ive seen this on many other posts done by others and it seemed to work there, so im going to give it a try. it may take me awhile though, i gata find a place to save them, where i can remember where they are... oh and they may not end up in order acording to the "maps" post, so bear with me. K00|_?
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Cool. :) TYT ;)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)