Maps by Spyro_Drag

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Re: Maps By Spyro_Drag

Post by Spyro_Drag »

hehe, thanks, ive been in a crappy mood latly, thats why i was so hard on myself. But after taking a look at my fortress hill game, i did notice that the terain isnt moveing the way i want it to, i may have to take drastic mesurs and redo it, probubly not as much work as it looks though. and i would look for a used one, but i dont have the cash righ now, otherwise i would build my own.
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Hi Spyro_Drag!

Didn't mean to not post here, just found this thread. :)

Now I'll say my customary: Thanks a lot for your maps. ;)

Btw, I do like huge maps. :) and smilies. :P
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

sg1efc wrote:Btw, I do like huge maps. :) and smilies. :P

ha, smilies are cool, i havent been puting out to many maps latley. just been to hot where i live, and i kinda lost my notebook with all my recent ideas. i gata find that first cause i drew like 20 others in it, and i dont know were it is... AHHHHHHHHH, it make me angry just thinkiin about it. :stressed:
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Ok, I hope it cools off for you soon. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Sorry guys, i haven't been making maps for a while, after i lost my notebook, i haven't thought of any good patterns or designs I've wanted to work with.

but if any one has any ideas, or a design i work off of, i would really appreciate them, as i think i have mapers block...

And Thanks sg1efc, i really appreciate your concern, its been bad but not as bad as some, the weathers been messed up as late.

and remember to anyone out there who samples my current maps, if you find that there is something missing, or something that's not supposed to be there, or if you just have a suggestion, im all ...... eyes?.... and im willing to listen? to your ideas.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

ok, so ive gotten an idea, i was walken round my old home town, and i noticed that many of the straets are just messed up. like fer instance, one streat will go fer 10-15 blocks then disapperar fer 5, then start up again, then some wouldnt line up, or others would cross in weird places and at weird angles. so im gana make a small, medium and large map with a city maze of streats and oddly placed parks... now if i could just get my custom terrain to work then it would be even more buitifull.

O_o wow i just noticed this is my first idea in weeks... :shock: er... :annoyed: i think i should of thought of it sooner... :stare:
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Spyro_Drag wrote:ok, so ive gotten an idea, i was walken round my old home town, and i noticed that many of the straets are just messed up. like fer instance, one streat will go fer 10-15 blocks then disapperar fer 5, then start up again, then some wouldnt line up, or others would cross in weird places and at weird angles. so im gana make a small, medium and large map with a city maze of streats and oddly placed parks... now if i could just get my custom terrain to work then it would be even more buitifull.

O_o wow i just noticed this is my first idea in weeks... :shock: er... :annoyed: i think i should of thought of it sooner... :stare:
Cool, I am looking forward to trying it. :wink:
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Feedback receved, thanks to all how warned me of issues with this particular map. This Version has been removed. A new version with the Same name, Crazy_Roads_L_1, will be placed into my maps Post. So any one using the old version will have conflict issues, in other words delete the old one please, And once again thanks to all who helped, i will place your name in the contributors list, K?
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 28 Jul 2012, 16:47, edited 2 times in total.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

I like it I will try it soon!
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Spyro_Drag wrote:Crazy_Roads_L_1, or crazy roads large version 1. After i get some input, i will be puting out a newer version with more power, and i might add "Gateways as soon as i find the proper places for them. this one is experimental only, so if you dont know how to remove it from you download list, dont take it. Power is only in the Base's, and all bases have the same stuff, fort cannons, fort Gauss, and fort missles, along with many walls, 4 power gens, with the oil to go with, 4 research, 4 repair, and 2 factories.
I haven't played the map yet, but I think that it is exaggereted to put forts...
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks Spyro_Drag, I just started the map and it looks cool. :)
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Giani wrote:I haven't played the map yet, but I think that it is exaggereted to put forts...
Concidering that the base is only protected by 20 some forts, and they are placed with enough space between them, add to that, if you start off with T1 Tech, there DMG is very low. Also keep in mind that this one was just an Exploritory Map.

But in the next version i will be replacing the forts with there smaller counterparts, i just forgot to say that earlier, thanks for pointing that out to me though.

:hmm:

Oh ya, and YAY I GOT FEEDBACK :)
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Just finished playing Crazy Roads and it worked very well for me, nice work and Thanks a lot Spyro_Drag. ;)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Spyro :)

I dare to say that according to me and me only, Crazy Roads map is the best map you had made so far. I like the general idea of the map very much, and I may happen to be inspired by your work in the future.

But I agree with my predecessors, prespeakers? that you have put far too many fort unit to defend the bases. I am aware of your first fascination with the forts, but believe me for experienced players it is let me call it unnecessary nightmare. If you have to put them, do it wisely.

Now the most important thing, the city looks really nice, maybe the roads are to narrow (some players are not necessarily aware the buildings can be destroyed, i mean the very beginners, and somne will complain about the camera. But again look at the map, city is great but.. so empty.. so empty in oil..

I would put at least half of the oil that is in the bases around the city. The city simply asks for oil to be placed in. In situation like this, the players will simply travel through the map to enemys map, not necessarily even looking at the potential of the city.

Giani, I am happy you finally say your opinion about things.

sg1efc, I do advise you, and I do ask you, to add an opinion, at least once in five posts, I assume Spyro did not ask us if the map is able to be loaded into Warzone, he would like to know what we think about it, is it cool, is it bad, difficult, easy, too big, to small, to many forts, to few, and anything you feel, yes you, dont be afraid, you can say, i like the water around, yes you can :3

And the most important, I like it because.. no it is cool thanx, it is terrible go way, we finish the sentences with the cause, so a user, can improve. I do understand your message of thankfulness and kindness but except those two very good reasons, those bring nothing.

Bye Gentlemen.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Thanks merowingg. i had planed on make major edits to this map, adding oils, replacing forts, but i realy just needed to know if the general layout Structuraly was, and i had originaly tried to make it so that even if you destroy the building youe cant move over the area. but since i cant load Warzone 3.11, or 3.12 anymore, i have been hopeing others would tell me if this worked.

And notice to all, this map is going to be removed, this was just a concept map, to help me broden my experiance, but ill be Totaly redoning this map and new one WITH THE SAME NAME!!!, will be coming out in a while, so i would apreciate it if you would remove it before any conflicts arise, KK? But i will keep my little experiment, and rename it, so if any wants it, ive still gotit.
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 01 Aug 2012, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.