Maps by Slartifartbarstud

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Maps by Slartifartbarstud

Post by Slartifartbarstud »

Hey all,

4 NEW MAPS
SCROLL DOWN FOR MAP SCREENSHOTS :)

I've added a few maps now so here's a run down of what I've uploaded for your pleasure so far.
3 Player:
BellIsland: Island Map in the shape of a Bell, hence the name. Hovers are very useful!! Rockies Tileset.

4 Player:
MountainScavs: A large, high oil map but lots of trekking in order to find it all. A very intricate maze design with lots of Scavs in the centre to stop early rushing. Rockies Tileset.
AirSupremecy: Large open space 4 player map. Trying to encourage the use of VTOLs above tanks and cyborgs.
Air Dominance: 2nd version of AirSupremecy where there is no unit access to the centre except with transports. Larger areas on the cliff roads to build rearming pads, making shorter VTOL runs.
3 New Maps
VolcanoScavs: HELL Mod built in. A large, high oil map based on my previous map MountainScavs. Here though I have opened up the centre of the map to allow a raised area for the Scavs and lots more oil. Really like how the lava flows up the cliffs in places!!
LavaCanyon: HELL Mod built in. Four bases in the corners and an island in the centre of the lava flow. Medium amount of oil reserves. VTOLs and Hovers are the only means of transport here people.
Skull Island: PARADISE Mod built in. A vast me hearties, Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum!! Time to pretend you’re a Pirate and battle for your lives. Four islands as skull and crossbones and peaks as broken teeth!! Palm trees abound the edges of each island and some cliffs on the skull offer slight protection. Centre island has some more oils to fight over.

5 Player:
Referee: Be the centre base or 'referee' and stave off attacks from all four sides!! Rockies Tileset. Will update this map soon to give more options, I just feel it needs it!
Flake Valley: 5 Player map with Scavs, Rockies tileset. Started this map using an embroidery pattern for a snowflake!! Each base has 12 oils to start and many more around the map. There are five inner zones and five outer zones all containing oil reserves, there for the taking and fighting over. The circular path around the inner zones allows plenty of movement around the map and places to set up defences and engage in combat.

6 Player:
Armadillo: Created for 2v2v2 game play (0+1,2+3 and 4+5 team up). Wanted a canyon feeling so went for the Arizona Tileset.

7 Player:
WarPod7: 7 player map with Scavs. There are 14 pods creating outer and inner rings, 2 pods per player. 8 oils in each pod. There are four islands with four oils each, uneven to create the need to fight over them. A large amount of oils directly outside each pod on the inner and outer rings. The scavs in the centre hold many more oils for the taking.

8 Player:
RockyAtols: 8 Player map based on the Sandcastles map. Using Rockies tile set and made it so there was a lot of access to the water, giving different routes across the map and different attack strategies.
New Map
AtolsOfHell: HELL Mod built in. Converted my RockyAtols map inline with requirements for the Hell Mod. This took absolutely ages but really worth it I think as the original seems to be my most popular map. Hope you all like this version just as much.

9 Player:
Craters: Wanted to go with a lunar landscape pock-marked with meteorite craters and think the snow rendering really helps this. Map should look really good when played with Aubergines' 'starzone' sky mod!! Good luck!
Merowingg I will be changing the base positions and re-releasing that soon. Thanks for the ideas!!

Be great to receive any constructive feedback.

I make all my maps on Flame using CC BY 3.0 + GPL v2+ licence. Believe this allows others to edit my work, please credit me if you do!

More to come.
6c-Armadillo.wz
6 Player map
(72.1 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
5c-Referee.wz
5 Player Map
(91.1 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
3c-BellIsland.wz
3 Player map
(52.48 KiB) Downloaded 505 times
Last edited by Slartifartbarstud on 14 Dec 2012, 22:55, edited 9 times in total.
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Re: Maps by Slartifartbarstud

Developed this map copying the theme from Sandcastles map. I've used the Rockies tileset here and wanted to make the water accesible to increase the amount of defences needed to protect your areas and to make traversing the map easier. Enjoy.
8c-RockyAtols250.wz
8 Player map
(103.5 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
Last edited by Slartifartbarstud on 10 Jun 2012, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Another fast map maker... :shock:
A tip: ppl would be more interested in your maps if you take screenshots of the map preview, and put them here :wink:
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Indeed. I usually don't have the time to play very much. One could say you need to advertise yourself more ;)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Cheers Guys, I've tried saving the maps as bitmap images but couldn't paste them here, whats the best way of doing it?
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Down of "Submit", it says "Upload attachment". Click there and click on select file. Look for the image, select it and click on "Add the file". Write the text and the comment of the image(if you want) and click on submit :lecture:
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

You have said it f wrong ;) I always wanted to say that an i almost did ;)

Giani forgot to add that when you upload your attachment you have to click after updating it "place in line" button to make it visible in the post. And it will be at a place where your cursor lat time was, so make sure it will be where you want it to be.

also you may upload only three attachments so a map and preview is enough for one post :) or two previews :)

I also do advice to provide screnshoots so we wouldn have to judge by names ;) and download it (although I always do with newcomers)

To sum up, welcome Sir :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Slartifartbarstud try saving the images in JPEG or PNG format then they should be smaller and able to upload as attachments. You can use the "place inline" option after uploading them to display them in your posts.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

aubergine Sir now you have worried me.. do you read the others posts ;)
Giani forgot to add that when you upload your attachment you have to click after updating it "place in line" button to make it visible in the post. And it will be at a place where your cursor lat time was, so make sure it will be where you want it to be.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Cheers Guys, Here's the maps reposted:
3 player map
3 player map
3c-BellIsland.wz
(52.48 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
3 player map based on the shape of a bell, small islands hold more oil, hover trucks are essential.
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

5 player map, Be the centre base or 'referee' and stave off attacks from all four sides!!
5 player map
5 player map
5c-Referee.wz
(91.1 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

6 player map
6 player map
6 player map
Armadillo Screenshot.png
6c-Armadillo.wz
(72.1 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Last edited by Slartifartbarstud on 10 Jun 2012, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

8 Player map based on the Sandcatles map. Using Rockies tile set and made it so there was a lot of access to the water, giving different routes across the map and different attack stratagies.
8 player map
8 player map
RockAtols Screenshot.png
8c-RockyAtols250.wz
(103.5 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
Last edited by Slartifartbarstud on 10 Jun 2012, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Great Sir :) Thank you very much :)

Remember that you can always edit the posts you have posted before :)

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I'm loving the maze-like designs on your maps. Very distinctive style.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO