Virus maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Virus maps

Post by ADMIRALLORDHOOD »

I had that problem with one of your maps, if you have too many maps, new ones will not be displayed on the menu, it needs fixing.
Virus- A
Trained
Trained

Post by Virus- A »

ADMIRALLORDHOOD wrote:Tuve ese problema con uno de sus mapas, si tiene mapas de más, los nuevos no se mostrará en el menú, que necesita ser arreglado.
thanks for notifying me
xico - Español/Ingles un poco- -También conocido por "RaNgEl"☜ ☆ ☞ Luis Diego Rangel☜ ☆ ☞ ♪♪♫ ♫
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I have removed all the maps from the folder of the game, and I still do not have the "burning" map in the menu :hmm: does anyone has the same problem?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Virus- A
Trained
Trained

Post by Virus- A »

New map:I present a new map called pest "instantly kills cockroaches" :P
It's fun.
2c-blight.wz
(6.01 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
Versión 3.1.0
Versión 3.1.0
wz2100-20130110_175744-main.png (4.63 KiB) Viewed 6234 times
errors or suggestions here
Last edited by Virus- A on 02 Apr 2013, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
xico - Español/Ingles un poco- -También conocido por "RaNgEl"☜ ☆ ☞ Luis Diego Rangel☜ ☆ ☞ ♪♪♫ ♫
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Virus- A wrote:New map:I present a new map called pest "instantly kills cockroaches" :P
Lots of laughs, Thanks Virus. :wink:
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Virus- A
Trained
Trained

Post by Virus- A »

New map:I present my new map for 4 players, I recommend playing in FFA
4c-Viborillas.wz
Versión 3.1.0
(60.89 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
wz2100-20130116_145258-main.png
errors or suggestions here
Last edited by Virus- A on 02 Apr 2013, 02:47, edited 1 time in total.
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks again Virus. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

If it isn't supposed to be a 2vs2 team map it's asynchronicity results in shorter ways on the left and on the right side between the players. You should remake this map and make it perfectly squared - but down and not left.

Otherwise it's a nice concept. I like the "mountain" in the middle, making it harder to reach the middle oil (which i suppose to be there).
:ninja:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The map is still fair for a FFA game: all four positions are absolutely equivalent. For example, classic "squared" is not a FFA map (diagonal positions are different from orthogonal positions), but this one is.

It will provide a playoff-style battle where you first fight your nearest opponent, instead of a standard diplomacy battle where your rival's rival is your best friend, but it's still fair.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

But 0 and 2 is closer to 1 and 3 than 0 and 1 to 2 and 3 is it still FAA ok? For me it is like with the "original" squared, but here we have four players.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Do you think one of the positions is better than some other position? If not, it is a fair FFA.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I still have this belief that stick to me that if a map is not entirely, totally symmetrical, then there is somethig in its nature that favoures one.

For example the smaller distance, enables fast players to harm neighbours faster, than those who lie a little bit farer. Even if i attack them seconds later, they still have those seconds. And also subconsciously you may at first chose the shortest way, not knowing why, but having the knowledge to kill, and assume fast.

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

And also subconsciously you may at first chose the shortest way
This applies to all other players equally. Everybody has equal rights and chances to choose the shortest way, much like everybody has equal rights and chances to choose cannons. It is still fair.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Somehow not for me. I dont feel that way simply. Anyone a point of view to clarify our opinions?

Most importantly, Virus nice maps begun to appear :) I like them :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Even if the map had 8-fold symmetry, one of the positions would still be further than two others.
point of view
2+2=4 does not need to be clarified by "points of view".