Re: Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)
Posted: 24 Oct 2019, 03:36
You should play enhanced balance it introduces contingency. https://github.com/jbreija/Warzone2100EB
Strategy by Design
nick87720z wrote: ↑05 Nov 2019, 23:39I noticed following problems:
- there are problems upgrading structures with size 4x4, such as dedicated research complex and vapor generator. Trucks have problem reaching it when tasked - half of times they drop task as if stoped by 'S' (dismissing after seconds). In best case they circle to some point, from which one of trucks successfully starts upgrade. But if even then trucks are clicked on started building to stop circling, they stuck again, only to continue build automatically (thus, chaining these upgrades is to no avail). For advanced factories (6x6) they never attempt to upgrade, always stopping/dismissing when clicked for upgrade.
- advanced control center can't replace basic one, without basic design page is not open (though unexpected - it acts as jammer too, hehe). Also I expected all taller structures (at least sensors, including this and sky towers) to have slightly longer sensor range then basic hardcrete tower.
- same about labs - advanced research complex alone, without basic lab built, doesn't enable research menu.
- probably same about factories, though I forgot to check before exiting (to free some memory for browser).
- little note about bigger repair facility (2x2). I tried meta-construction, consisting of repair center, surrounded by rearming pads. It is featured in one video (slightly before 10:19, not contingency):
It is ok with basic 1x1 sized facility, with only exception - video makers did not note, that it can't reach corner pads, so only 3 per side (I leveraged this effect in non-contingency by placing 4 meta-builds in 2x2 grid, filling gaps with generators, so that 4 facilities covered totally 48 pads, with all area closed by walls to prevent droids messing with vtol units). With advanced facility in contingency one side should include 4 tiles, but unfortunally vtols, entering pad from outer side, can't be reached by facility, even if it is in side center. However it is reached if enters from inside (probably pad landing area has some size, so it is closer in second case).
Here is screen, with both 1x1 and 2x2:
It was initially campaign mod, dedicated to continuation of original compaign - with such deep modding level, that it did not work correctly as mod, requiring manual change in core wz resources, but it was for 3.2.0. As for what is before my previous post (enhanced balance), it is somewhat different - looks like as if it was partially adopted, without full cloning (missing cruise missiles, plasma turbines, oil-less wind turbine generator, and some more). I'm curious if it will work as compaign ever. Probably it is attempt of porting to 3.3.0 (is it?).
"Assault" weapons are supposed to have higher ROF based on the fact that assault cannon and assault gun have higher ROF's than other weapons of the same type. However I just checked the stats and see they're not balanced because I forgot to reduce the damage for assault ground shaker rail. See screenshot below for all variations of groundshaker in EB.nick87720z wrote: ↑10 Nov 2019, 00:53
Edit: One thing, that looked strange to me - assault grand shaker has nearly 1.5 times higher ROF, comparing to default (6 vs 4), but rail version has it more similar to assault cannon (80 for me). While trying at fortscav vs bonecrusher, one dragon with one such gun and heavy assault laser as secondary gradually got to base and slowly cleaned it (also good variant with secondary AA laser). At the moment of run BC used collective bodies with rare vengeance vtols.