Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Post by MIH-XTC »

Lord_Kane wrote:Got an ETA MIH-XTC?

I'm aiming for this Sunday to have all bodies, structures and weapons added in within a reasonable balance as a beta but I would need an extra couple of weeks to really test things out.

In addition to adding in the body, structure and weapon models to the balance, there's also a little bit of overhead associated such as making new research messages for each of the models, making new droid templates for the AI to use and updating the T2 and T3 technologies.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

So this isn't going to work because the design screen in 3.2.3 can only handle 128 weapon turrets (16 pages of 8 turrets). This mod would have 160 weapon turrets. Is it possible to fix this for master?

The last weapon to make it onto the design screen is railgun01 which means all weapons that alphabetically come after that get cut off such as all of the rockets. The 129th turret reverts back to the 1st (overflow).

Even with only 3 turrets visible, the Rocket is showing up as a Cannon when previewing it on the droid. It also has the characteristics of a cannon. Appears as rocket on menu, but shows up as cannon on droid.

Created ticket http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/4677#ticket

EDIT: I added an attachment for 3.2.3 that you can test this against.
Attachments
Contingency-EB.wz
Mod for testing design screen
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 202 times
Last edited by MIH-XTC on 02 Dec 2017, 18:45, edited 7 times in total.
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

MIH-XTC wrote:So this isn't going to work because the design screen in 3.2.3 can only handle 128 weapon turrets (16 pages of 8 turrets). This mod would have 160 weapon turrets. Is it possible to fix this for master?

The last weapon to make it onto the design screen is railgun01 which means all weapons that alphabetically come after that get cut off such as all of the rockets. The 129th turret reverts back to the 1st (overflow).

Even with only 3 turrets visible, the Rocket is showing up as a Cannon when previewing it on the droid. It also has the characteristics of a cannon. Appears as rocket on menu, but shows up as cannon on droid.
Add a couple of the weapons and double turret bodies to EB.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Well, here's a status update anyways. This is what I meant by creating variations of existing weapons instead of creating entirely new weapons.

Orange indicates original weapon and light orange indicates a variation. Don't mind some of the icons being wrong, once upon a time (yesterday) they were in sync but after so many sorting and filtering operations they became unsynced.

Also ignore the red, it's conditional formatting I have that identifies duplicate entries (the structure version has same exact name)

LugoIsDead
Greenhorn

Post by LugoIsDead »

quick question
how do i install this mods because i search it up and i do what they suggest i still cant play the mod btw im in 3.2.3
edit:
i already figure out on how to install but i cant play very well my games got crashed every time i went to the loading screens (before playing) can you help me...........?
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

LugoIsDead wrote:quick question
how do i install this mods because i search it up and i do what they suggest i still cant play the mod btw im in 3.2.3
edit:
i already figure out on how to install but i cant play very well my games got crashed every time i went to the loading screens (before playing) can you help me...........?
This mod doesn't work with 3.2.x, it hasn't been ported yet.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

I'm attaching what I have and cannot go any further because I'm blocked by the 128 turret limit. Rockets are not designable due to this. I think this mod has epic potential once finished. Use cheat mode and alt+a to see all turrets/bodies. T1 no base is much more fun on low oil maps.

Here's what I accomplished so far:

Imported contingency mod into stats editor
Removed duplicate turret models
Renamed models to more intuitive and familiar names
Balanced all new bodies
Added all turrets and bodies into tech tree within reasonable balance
Setup some base templates for AI to use
Reset stats on all new turrets
Made compatible with master - Error log is clean
Made beginning of game more action packed (faster + more activity)
Removed graphics/sound effects that would disqualify mod for release candidate

TO-DO:
Finish making droid templates (~100 or so)
Add templates to Nexus
Finish modifying stats for new weapons
Implement new brain experience changes into balance
Make commanders relevant
Make research messages for all new research items
Upgrade T2/T3 start
Clear formatting in stats editor for others to reuse
Enable/balance the structures
Attachments
Contingency-EB.wz
Contingency mod with EB balance compatible with master
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 217 times
StatsEditor-Contingency-EB-Master.zip
Stats Editor with Contingency models.
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 183 times
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Rockets? Who needs them when there is this thing with infinite ammo:
Spoiler:
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

^^ Hey thanks for changing it to 256, it still doesn't work.

I just noticed the MRA turret is displaying as "Cannon-Sniper-Bunker" on the design screen which doesn't even have a designable flag set so something stranger is going on...

I'll report back with what the gotcha is once I figure it out, one of the attributes on one of the weapons probably has an invalid value, presumably the turret after the last one that properly displays.

EDIT: So it seems the mismatch starts on the 258th turret in weapons.json. Turrets 2-257 parse properly and #258 overflows to the first. The first turret (AA flak cannon) has a mismatch too. Is there a 256 limit being imposed on weaopns.json? I just grep'ed through the source for 256 and didn't find any obvious constants.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

MIH-XTC wrote: ^^ Hey thanks for changing it to 256, it still doesn't work.
Did not push it. It does reveal six more weapon tabs when bumped up from 128 for a regular ground only factory (at that point it overflows on the rail gun long range weapon).
MIH-XTC wrote: EDIT: So it seems the mismatch starts on the 258th turret in weapons.json. Turrets 2-257 parse properly and #258 overflows to the first. The first turret (AA flak cannon) has a mismatch too. Is there a 256 limit being imposed on weaopns.json? I just grep'ed through the source for 256 and didn't find any obvious constants.
I would think source files design/hci/stats would be the first place to look for solving this.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

I'm concluding it's something with the mod and not source because this problem didn't exist in 3.1.5. I removed some weapons and made a weapons.json only mod and the overflow happens with different turrets at different positions e.g. turret #260, turret #262 etc... It's just coincidence it's around 256.

Something must not be parsing properly around the turrets beginning with M - R but that's just a hunch.
LugoIsDead
Greenhorn

Post by LugoIsDead »

MIH-XTC wrote:
edit:
oh ok so how do i change my version to an older one............?
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Post by Lord_Kane »

LugoIsDead wrote:
MIH-XTC wrote:
edit:
download and install the last compatible version. 3.1.5 in this case.
LugoIsDead
Greenhorn

Post by LugoIsDead »

Lord_Kane wrote:
LugoIsDead wrote:
MIH-XTC wrote:
edit:
download and install the last compatible version. 3.1.5 in this case.
thanks for the sugestion
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

I can't figure out this turret overflow problem but I did verify it's not caused by the mod.

I took a regular weapons.json and then added ~200 dummy copies of AAGunLaser. The overflow still happens at turret #257 regardless of what turret that is so there is a 256 limit being imposed somewhere in source.

In this screenshot I show that Heavy Cannon is the 257th turret in weapons.json

In this screenshot I show that Heavy Cannon is the first weapon to overflow back to the first turret (the blank design turret)

The attached mod recreates the problem. Use T3 full base start and look at Heavy and Medium cannons in the design screen. This problem did not exist in 3.1.5.
Attachments
Turret Overflow Mod.wz
(18.46 KiB) Downloaded 170 times