Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
deadworker
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Post by deadworker »

have a small problem, i cant load my savegame. i put contingency and the ultimate scav mod into autoload and started a game, i saved the game but now i cant start it, always get the error:

A non fatal error has occurred.
[rebuildSearchPath:421] Die benÂtigte Mod konnte nicht geladen werden: contingency_v0.7.wz, addon-ultimate-scavs-contingency.wz

Warzone wird versuchen das Spiel ohne sie zu laden.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Which version of the Contingency mod were you using when you tried to load your save file?
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
deadworker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deadworker »

it was 0.7 i think, the latest one i downloaded it yesterday
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ADMIRALLORDHOOD »

It is a problem that affects all mods, if you have more than one mod installed and try to load a save game the game will still load but mods will not be active. It is something that nobody's gotten around to fixing. I had the same problem till somebody told me this.
deadworker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deadworker »

ah thank, good to know
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Yeah. I tested it out yesterday, and noticed the same thing happening.

Anyways, for my next patch, I'm thinking about boosting the power of all Tactical Ballistic Missiles. As they are right now, I fear that they may be far too weak for their cost to be of any serious usefulness against their intended targets. I mean, a fully-upgraded Oblivion TBM can't even one-shot a fully-upgraded Supercrete Bunker (let alone a Plasteel one), and the most durable vehicle that it can one-shot is apparently a fully-upgraded Mantis Tracks. In fact, it has a dps that's comparable to that of a fully-upgraded Heavy Longshot Howitzer, Rotary Longshot Howitzer, or Archangel Missile Launcher, and each of those 3 weapons cost less than half of an Oblivion. The only advantage that TBMs have over any other artillery weapon is that they have 1.5x the range of an Archangel, though most maps that I know of aren't even that big.
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

Please do! I am a heavy user of artillery and the oblivions are a god save. I use them in large quantities with shellstorm bunkers. The shellstorms offer close in defense with the oblivions taking on structures and units at long range. I sometimes use longshot firebases with them to deal some heavy damage. :Gigakach_01: :twisted: :geek: :lecture:
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

@ADMIRALLORDHOOD: I'm guessing that you like to play on large maps with teammates, eh? Having both howitzers AND TBMs in your arsenal in such a short amount of time would require the assistance of another player.

Well, I'm certain that you'll enjoy version 0.7.2 (which is now out) better now that all the TBMs (especially the Oblivion), along with the Proto Railgun, were given a major damage boost (though the Proto Railgun's ROF was reduced, and its price increased). The TBMs' requirements were also loosened a bit, as they no longer require Tank Killer rockets to unlock, and Ripple Rockets (one of the prerequisites for the Harbinger TBM) now require the Mini-Rocket Array as a prerequisite instead of the more advanced Rocket Assault Array. This should make acquiring TBMs much easier for those that aren't focusing on the Rockets line.

Also, the Bunker Buster and Devastator BB Missile were given a slight 10% boost in firepower.
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

I am just wondering when the next build of Nullbot for Contingency will come out considering there is now a 1.39 version out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It does come out whenever a new version is out. Whenever there are any contingency-specific changes, i post it there; otherwise i only post the changelog in my thread.
deadworker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deadworker »

hey have another problem, im playing the cam1map downloaded from the internet and the ai is doing nearly nothing, even on insane difficulty they just build some cyborgs and egt slain by the scavegers if i play with the ultimate-scav mod or by me. i also downloaded the NoQ-AI mod and tried with it but same results. i have the new 7.2 version.

EDIT: OH XD i found out that i have to change the AI ingame also XD so it seems that the NoQ-AI is working.
deadworker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deadworker »

hey,
is it possible to add the nullbot-ai to the mod itself, cause as said before i cant load games with 2 mods and the normal ai isnt really working. thanks so far
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

Would it be possible to compile it into one .wz file do you think NoQ?
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

I'm reluctant to merge Nullbot into Contingency due to this:
Anything inside the message box or below is inaccessible.
Anything inside the message box or below is inaccessible.
Also, I've already started work on a new AI for Contingency, though due to the presence of this same issue with choosing AIs, I'm planning on keeping this AI separate from Contingency as well.

If you'd like to merge Nullbot, or any other AI, into Contingency, then I won't stop you, though keep in mind that adding too many AIs will make some of them inaccessible until that issue is dealt with.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

You can add only one generic AI entry and still post a link for anybody who wants fixed personalities.