[3.1] Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: [3.1+] Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod

Post by NoQ »

y0g1121 wrote:the game crashes when using the scavenger factory and trying to upgrade it. Also, I can't seem to build the buses and stuff nor the helicopters?
It's an AI mod, it's not supposed to allow playing for scavengers (are you using cheat mode to access them?) (try wz mini instead).
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Just wanted to check if the following is caused by http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3684 ...

Code: Select all

info    |10:48:41: [destroyObject:272] destroyObject: object not found in list
info    |10:48:41: [destroyObject:272] Assert in Warzone: /Users/dak180/Applications/Build/wz2100/hg/wz2100-git/macosx/../src/objmem.cpp:272 (psCurr != __null), last script event: 'N/A'
info    |10:48:41: [droidUpdate:3719] CHECK_DROID: Not droid (type -1063977853)
info    |10:48:41: [droidUpdate:3719] Assert in Warzone: /Users/dak180/Applications/Build/wz2100/hg/wz2100-git/macosx/../src/droid.cpp:733 (droid->type == OBJ_DROID), last script event: 'N/A'
info    |10:48:41: [droidUpdate:3719] CHECK_DROID: Not droid (type -1063977853)
info    |10:48:41: [droidUpdate:3719] Assert in Warzone: /Users/dak180/Applications/Build/wz2100/hg/wz2100-git/macosx/../src/droid.cpp:733 (droid->type == OBJ_DROID), last script event: 'N/A'
error   |10:48:41: [js_orderDroidLoc:1445] Droid id 162133 not found belonging to player 7
error   |10:48:42: [callFunction:109] 0 : <anonymous>()@multiplay/script/scavfact.js:433
info    |10:48:42: [callFunction:112] Uncaught exception calling function "attackStuff" at line 433: ReferenceError: psDroid failed in js_orderDroidLoc at line 1445
info    |10:48:42: [callFunction:112] Assert in Warzone: /Users/dak180/Applications/Build/wz2100/hg/wz2100-git/macosx/../src/qtscript.cpp:112 (false), last script event: 'N/A'
I'll disable scav chopper factories on limits screen as mentioned in an earlier post, but just wanted to post the above log in case it contains anything new or useful.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Most likely, "object not found in the list" is one typical trouble caused by that.
P.S. need feedback on the last comment in this bug ...
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

You mean this comment? "The "psGroup->add(NULL);" call is completely equivalent to incrementing refCount. I don't see a reason not to do the same in js."

I'm not sure what that means in context of JS API...?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It is explained above in the ticket, i mean i wanted Per or vexed to have a look again ... :oops:
felipe
Trained
Trained

Post by felipe »

Hello NoQ,
I'm triyng to load this ultimate mod together with your paradise tiles mod.
Wz is crashing:

Code: Select all

info    |01:43:50: [resGetDataFromHash:561] resGetDataFromHash: Unknown ID: fa447a5 Type: IMD
info    |01:43:50: [resGetDataFromHash:561] Assert in Warzone: frameresource.cpp:561 (psRes != __null), last script event: '<none>'
info    |01:43:50: [resGetData:577] resGetData: Unable to find data for rocket.PIE type IMD
info    |01:43:50: [resGetData:577] Assert in Warzone: frameresource.cpp:577 (data != __null), last script event: '<none>'
fatal   |01:43:50: [loadWeaponStats:689] Cannot find the weapon PIE for record *BabaRocket*
I merged the two modules together and wz stopped to crash.
But I want to integrate the paradise mod inside a map I'm making, and I want the map compatible with scav. mod.

Is there a way ?
1000thx in advance
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

These mods conflict on piestats.wrf (paradise tileset includes palm tree pies), so it's not easy to integrate them. But it should be possible. I'd try to eliminate this file from the paradise tileset when i have time.
Derik Venter
Greenhorn

Post by Derik Venter »

Where do i download it???
felipe
Trained
Trained

Post by felipe »

NoQ wrote:These mods conflict on piestats.wrf (paradise tileset includes palm tree pies), so it's not easy to integrate them. But it should be possible. I'd try to eliminate this file from the paradise tileset when i have time.
I don't need that, I want to use palms !!!!
Ouch, so is not possible to add new models and use it with another mod (like ultimate scavs.).

What about if I bundle uscavs and my modified version of paradise, inside my new map ?
Am I breaking some license ?
Is there some other kind of problem ?

Anyway, thx NoQ for the great work you put in our beloved game :wink:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

You aren't breaking any license (all my work is cc-0, which is pretty hard to violate), but you'd have to maintain all such maps you made, because they will break as often as the mod you bundled in (so they will start crashing the game after a few versions, and if you're not sure you'll be around to fix the mod inside, better don't do that). I've re-made the Mirage map twice already, despite it doesn't even have palm trees on it.

P.S. posted a simplified paradise v1.03 in the tileset thread.
Galacticruler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Galacticruler »

Love the mod man.
you should fix the nexus tank body for the scavengers though, it has the turret set IN the body, so, for example, you put a mortar on it, the shells would fly from inside the chassis.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Is it possible to make them to rebuild a defense that was destroyed and that was already placed in the map?
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I don't like this idea; a lot of code without any useful outcome.

I'd need to deal with situations like "a structure has been pre-placed but is not researched for scavengers" or "i've already built something nearby and if i try restoring the original structure it will block the way now".

Also, not sure scav walls will align properly ... anybody tried that? (:
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@NoQ: There's no way to choose wall (or any structure) alignment via the JS API so you are correct, rebuilding scav walls and corner towers would be a complete nightmare and likely go horribly wrong.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

I've finally gotten around to merging NoQ's Ultimate Scavengers Mod into my Contingency Mod. While I've already imported the .pie files, textures, and such, I've yet to rebalance their stats for Contingency. Moreover, I may have to start splitting the mod up into multiple parts so as to get around that upload size limit (Edit: of 3MB per file).

Edit #2: Oh, and NoQ, if you've got any new resources that you'd like for me to add to Contingency, let me know about it, ok? :wink:
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100