[3.1] Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod (for 3.1)

Post by NoQ »

The main problem for map makers is that you can't easily predict on what height the building will be. When you put trees on a non-flat ground, they either got digged into the ground or become floating in the air, and rotating the heightmap by 180 degrees can change one of these cases to another.

This happens with current "pipe" and "bridge" features a lot, so it's hard to use them on symmetric maps.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

You guys never cease to amaze. :D
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Berg wrote:
aubergine wrote:Some original concept sketches contain scav units: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... t+Sketches
Where are these images taken from?
BTW did you know that you can now go to google search and then drag and drop an image on to the search box - it will upload and google will tell you where it came from, along with listing any similar images on the internet. Works in Google Chrome, and I assume other HTML5 compatible browsers...
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

NoQ wrote:The main problem for map makers is that you can't easily predict on what height the building will be. When you put trees on a non-flat ground, they either got digged into the ground or become floating in the air, and rotating the heightmap by 180 degrees can change one of these cases to another.
Yes this is correct but thats why testing of new maps is a must do.
I was more thinking of a player placing this factory on a map even the AI using it and have it so it auto rotates and will only fit in one position scenario on any map.

Also too i might have placed this on the wrong thread but seems scavs have many options and ideas running about lately...
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I'm not sure the bunker entrance will get used in normal games, but in a campaign where it can be pre-placed next to a cliff on a specific map by a script it will be perfect for telling a few key bits of storyline.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, note that in skirmish challenges if you pre-place scav factories for a regular player, you can also set that player to be controlled via a scavenger AI (just point the challenge .ini file to a file equal to scavfact.js). This allows thing like making scavengers allied with a certain player.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Scav traffic jam:

ImageClick for large view
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

aubergine wrote:Scav traffic jam:
Looks more like the wrecking yard down the road ...nice screeny ...where is the choppers
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I recorded a load of game footage with choppers this evening, will try and make vid at weekend (work busy this week).
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

aubergine wrote:Scav traffic jam:
Uhm yeah.
I didn't include complicated things like cluster analysis into scav AI yet, so this sort of things might happen :oops:
Even though i try to solve it by spreading the newly produced units all around the factory, this still seems to happen :?
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Scav oil derrick substitute if it can be added test. I'll put animation later?
Screenshot-scavderik - WMIT.png
It has to have derrick animation enabled to realy be a alt derrick.
Just wishful thinking on my part maybe have 2 identical defined derricks which use different models.
Concept only Scale maybe need tweak.
Attachments
derrick.zip
(403.57 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

In advanced bases in T1, the scavs can be destroyed very easy whit just some hgms. So i think they need a research facility to improve defences, units and weapons.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Giani wrote:So i think they need a research facility to improve defences, units and weapons.
Your a Mind reader
Raven
Greenhorn

Post by Raven »

Berg wrote:No war Udder sorry we have hytech battle boobs.
The ice cream van was made and I decided not to submit it as all the ice cream lovers in the world may well be hurt mentally by the image of a fire breathing ice cream van

ROFLMAO!! the image in my head after i read that was absalutely hilarious. :P
Raven
Greenhorn

Post by Raven »

also aubergine thanks for pointing me in this general direction. now i just need to find out how to install the mod to make it work in game. i like what i am seeing so far in this thread.