[3.1+] NullBot: an adaptive skirmish AI

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: [3.1+] NullBot: an adaptive skirmish AI

Post by NoQ »

Arreon: you must have been talking about Contingency AI? Cause it actually doesn't have EASY mode implemented yet.
cue: that's strange (: anyway, if you just pick wide maps, it's usually fine.

P.S. Contingency EASY AI requires some routine work, most boding (and easy) part of which is sorting this list.
list.txt
(31.95 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
If anybody could help me out, it could be great. I mean, turn this list into a research path that uniformly covers all branches :roll:
P.P.S. tried completely random research, not good (often leads to eg. heavy cannon viper wheels etc.)
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

NoQ wrote:Arreon: you must have been talking about Contingency AI? Cause it actually doesn't have EASY mode implemented yet.
cue: that's strange (: anyway, if you just pick wide maps, it's usually fine.

P.S. Contingency EASY AI requires some routine work, most boding (and easy) part of which is sorting this list.
list.txt
If anybody could help me out, it could be great. I mean, turn this list into a research path that uniformly covers all branches :roll:
P.P.S. tried completely random research, not good (often leads to eg. heavy cannon viper wheels etc.)
scripting noob ----> Why not just make a new personality which contains every single research item and grouping all the AT and AP weapons in a cluster the same way that other personalities do? <---- scripting noob

As for the list, does it matter if I change the names of the entries?

EDIT: Nvm, I think I see what this list is for. Do you want the entries in order of research? <-- Hasn't modded anything in a long time.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Why not just
Possible, just longer to explain (: They will be researched more or less uniformly anyway.
Unfortunately, it does, but i can provide a more human-readable list:
list2.txt
(64.3 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Also, the final list shouldn't contain all 1171 items (403 for the base game), whenever a certain item appears, its pre-requisites are researched as well.

The main problem for me is that i didn't play enough contingency, so i can't list those in the right order just out of my head, as i can do for the base game. Also, existing personalities are based on around 3.3 or something like that, so they don't currently use every single weapon. So if anybody who knows the current tech tree well could help me with at least this list, i could then easily do other things (:
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

NoQ wrote:
Why not just
Possible, just longer to explain (: They will be researched more or less uniformly anyway.
Unfortunately, it does, but i can provide a more human-readable list:
list2.txt
Also, the final list shouldn't contain all 1171 items (403 for the base game), whenever a certain item appears, its pre-requisites are researched as well.

The main problem for me is that i didn't play enough contingency, so i can't list those in the right order just out of my head, as i can do for the base game. Also, existing personalities are based on around 3.3 or something like that, so they don't currently use every single weapon. So if anybody who knows the current tech tree well could help me with at least this list, i could then easily do other things (:
I'd better get studying then. :lecture:
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

NullBot v2.0 released.

Changes:
  • Add chat and beacon interaction support. Currently available:
    • Switch personality, switch research path at any moment of the game on human ally's command (generic AI only).
    • Throw beacon and sos message when under attack.
    • Send forces to another player's beacon (lasts 5 minutes; includes helping AI allies).
    • Warn when attacked by enemy VTOLs for the first time.
    • Report its current personality when asked.
All of this is for warzone2100 master version only! Chat interaction doesn't work on any 3.1 release, this is for 3.2+ only, due to lack of necessary API in 3.1.

A complete list of chat commands is (and will be maintained) in the first post.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Would it be worth putting the chat commands in the nullbot wiki? - I imagine the list will grow over time.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I agree it should be added to the wiki, but i don't think the size of the list will be a problem.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Any chance of making NullBot do a few wall upgrades? The speed at which it's bases fall is impressive, particularly it's mortar pits. Even if it did just 1 wall upgrade every 10-15 mins it's bases would be much stronger.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It does wall and base structure upgrades, at least to unlock superforts, and also as the last item in his list. Maybe i could put them around more uniformly?...
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Yeah, at least get a few in before making mortar pits - when I watch a nullbot based get attacked 30 mins in to a dawdling game they're the first thing to go despite them being the best chance of base survival at that point.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

I'm getting hard lockups / crashes from the current version of Nullbot.
WZlog-1211_154518.txt
(2.68 MiB) Downloaded 211 times
Hope this helps - I was in a rather interesting game too!
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Whatever it is, it's causing both rules.js and nullbot to fail, so not sure it's nullbot specific?
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I think this is the key line: info |03:45:47: [resLoadFile:439] Hash collision "gnhhowtar.pie" vs "gnhhowtbb.pie"

Running any autoloaded mods?
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Yeah everything is autoload. Could that be the problem?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

That's not current version; that's 1.39, which is the same as the current master's built-in version.
Also, i'm not seeing a list of mods in the log. Sounds as if you are trying to use the default nullbot with contingency or something like that; it won't work.