[3.1+] NullBot: an adaptive skirmish AI

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: [3.1+] NullBot: an adaptive skirmish AI

Post by NoQ »

By the way I didn't find a "generic" NullBot in the AI selection screen, as I did last time.
It's the one that is not present in -extras package.
So maybe the whole point of turtle AI is to teach me a lesson?
Emm no idea what's the point of the turtle AI (: just some people seem to have liked it, so i left it there (:
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

There is still al little bug where WZ crashes to desktop while saving a skirmish match. I don´t know if this issue is related to the NullBot AI, but it happens when I am using it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I think you'd better post the crash dumps.
Does it always crash or just sometimes?
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Sometimes only! I rarely post the crash dumps because on the Mac WZ does NOT open the crash log folder by itself, and I personally forget again and again where it is, so I have to search around for it again and again which is annoying for me. O.o
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

themac wrote:Sometimes only! I rarely post the crash dumps because on the Mac WZ does NOT open the crash log folder by itself, and I personally forget again and again where it is, so I have to search around for it again and again which is annoying for me. O.o
It should do this in the latest beta (assuming that you are playing in windowed mode); if it is not then I would like to know.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Yes, it is the latest version (3.1 beta 11 as far as I know). Yes, I play in windowed mode on the Mac, but it doesn´t open the crash log folger after the crash. :-/
cue
Trained
Trained

Post by cue »

My friends and I are using the new RC2 in a CO-OP game against 4 AIs.

The AIs had us beaten, out researched us and out numbered us by a terrible amount.
But they lost, and the reason was their army would come charging in, wipe out all our defenses, but then back out again instead of blitzkrieg attacking us and wiping us out in one blow.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Right now i'm having some stupid blocking issue that prevents me from developing NullBot :oops: :stressed: :( could use some help, it must be a simple typo in a 3-line-long file i'm failing to see.
cue
Trained
Trained

Post by cue »

I would love to help, but I dont know the first thing in programing, it all looks like a spelling - grammar fiasco ! :)
Good luck finding the error for all our sakes
m36
New user

Post by m36 »

how to fix this ? missing template 140 . do u have DyDo AI ? this no old Version WZ to download . can u give me if u have ?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

m36 wrote:do u have DyDo AI
There is no version of DyDo working on 3.1+, and nobody knows an easy way to fix it. It got broken when X-player maps became available, but 8-player maximum is hardcoded in a huge bunch of places in the DyDo code without a named constant for it.
m36 wrote:missing template 140
If you're seeing this message, you must be using some very old outdated version of NullBot (before 1.0). Update to the latest version please. See also #3161.
m36
New user

Post by m36 »

NoQ wrote:
m36 wrote:do u have DyDo AI
There is no version of DyDo working on 3.1+, and nobody knows an easy way to fix it. It got broken when X-player maps became available, but 8-player maximum is hardcoded in a huge bunch of places in the DyDo code without a named constant for it.
m36 wrote:missing template 140
If you're seeing this message, you must be using some very old outdated version of NullBot (before 1.0). Update to the latest version please. See also #3161.
exception handler failed with error 1400
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

I still watch NullBot struggling around with zero power if it went in trouble, loosing his oil derricks, not looking for new oil derricks but going on making structures that will never be finished without power. :-/
m36
New user

Post by m36 »

nullbot ai took too much time to destroy the enemy bases , they alway fall back .
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

v1.36 released, after a long break.

Changes:
  • Don't fall back too often, be more aggressive.
  • Generic AI: make subpersonality choice pseudo-random based on team number, so that all team members followed the same research path. Greatly improves teamplay on medium+ difficulty.