[DEPRECIATED] Campaign 4 (Old thread)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: [ALPHA][Curr.Ver: Release-7]Campaign 4 Preview & Bug Rep

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Release-7 is now available in the first post.

Happy New Year, everyone!
Kih-ap-hiih
Trained
Trained

Post by Kih-ap-hiih »

I have download it.
And question is where to extract the (flame) map, you included too? :shock:

Is it possible to ad little sound when mission messages arrive, some at that point can be missed. :hmm:

I'm testing this about two days for now. Have to learn more. Building defences is what mission? Haw can I know? :augh:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

The maps are in the reference folder. You have to unzip the .wz file to get to them.

The FlaME folder goes wherever your original FlaME dataset folder is put.

Adding a sound when a message comes in? Easily done. If there are further requests for this, I'll be happy to add it.

You begin to build defenses on Stage 5 -- after you get Construction Vehicles and escape back to the Transport One crash site.
Kih-ap-hiih
Trained
Trained

Post by Kih-ap-hiih »

Is it needed to have flame installed, to play latest (7) one? :shock:

Edit: In flame folder are no .wz files, so I lunch and play, with main Mod in autoloader foulder. :?:

Edit2: It works! Waw! :D Awesome one! I just start from new walk. Exactly what its need to be trucks. :P
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Glad you like it. :)

You use the NexusLink that you get on Stage 3 to steal Trucks from the north Nexus Outpost in Stage 4. You have to make sure you don't kill the Trucks (or the Factories) before you have them, otherwise you'll be stuck without construction vehicles. I'm going to put a 'Fallback' mechanism in place (maybe... :lol2: ) so that the player isn't stuck.
Kih-ap-hiih
Trained
Trained

Post by Kih-ap-hiih »

There was massage to use NexusLink-truck. And have been successful, to build more trucks. :wink:

At stage 5, I get mission failed, when I build all oil pumps.
And try making safer place, to build it back. With no saves! :lol2:
Just in my first play trough, I foul in to sleep, that's well done man.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

If you're getting a mission failed it could be because you're recycling the Tac Sergeant and / or the Command Turret. You have to keep those two units from being destroyed until the fight with the big Nexus base in the south. So if you recycle them, they are considered 'destroyed'.

It's meant to be dangerous. :) I suggest you hold those two units back at the base when doing anything past Stage 5. Keep them protected.

I appreciate the feedback, very much. What's your native language? Perhaps you'd be interested in doing a translation, if we don't have someone already working on your particular language pack?
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Little update: I've been looking into the issues with getting it to actually run on Windows systems. I've been working on M9 over the weekend, and it seems like the more I work on it and try to test out, the less cooperative it has become. Since I dual-boot, I checked to see if any of these issues occur on Linux systems -- and they do NOT. No hang, no crash, nothing. It loads as it is supposed to and runs fine.

My guess is that there's something more going on, specific to Windows rather than the mod. Obviously, the issues with research strings need to be addressed, and I'll do that as soon as the new Tech is finished & implemented (as was my intention).

I'll provide more detailed logs and reports upon request. Shouldn't be difficult to reproduce the problem -- simply try to load the Campaign on a Windows install.
Kih-ap-hiih
Trained
Trained

Post by Kih-ap-hiih »

Hm? :roll:
I use only OS Windows Vista. And I have no problems.

Edit: mmm I repeating my self? :?
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Nope, you're fine. Must be my Windows install -- I have a crap-ton of development software installed on it and something is probably not playing nice with something else.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

A took a look at the scripts (version 6) and I have to say that they look to very well done, better than I would have patience to do anyway.
@Goth: *sigh* I think your knowledge of WZScript has surpassed mine by a good bit.

I'm not sure if I said this before but game play wise, I like cam 4 better than the old cams. There's a lot less of that annoying loading and unloading of transports and more combat

btw: there are 1243 calls to ToWorld() that HAS to be some kind of record :shock:
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

A tribute to your function. :D

Version 7 has even MORE scriptey goodness, Milo. And the AI is downright vicious now during the early stages.

Remember that it's extremely touchy on Windows. Linux has zero issues with it.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

One wonders how much faster the scripts would run if a script was made to pre-process all calls to ToWorld that use constants :hmm:

It would be a trivial task in ... say JavaScript or Go :hmm:
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I haven't had any problems with that, at least on 2.3.8+. Master *was* quite laggy though.

We'll find out when the JavaScript engine is ready.
Kih-ap-hiih
Trained
Trained

Post by Kih-ap-hiih »

If I destroy Nexus base... in mission 5. :wink:
OK I ll start all over again, and start the new game.

Its throw me to my desktop, and need to open game again. when something explode, sounds nothing, I just see my desktop. I love to rotate camera view. Static view is boring. XD
Twice when I have exploring the game, and twice at Nexus base.

Edit: I said wrong version of Warzone 2100 game, I'm sorry.
I moved this mod out, then I try to load saved game, did nothing happen. But if I try new game, come bump to my desktop. Ass in game couple times, with this mode enabled. Probably there is still something missing in this game, or mod. :hmm:
Edit2: Normal campaign, have no doesn't feel a think, works well good. I just tested save game from your mod after disabling it.
Last edited by Kih-ap-hiih on 08 Jan 2012, 04:52, edited 2 times in total.