[DEPRECIATED] Campaign 4 (Old thread)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: [ALPHA][Curr.Ver: Release-4]Campaign 4 Preview & Bug Rep

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

That's also what is causing the problem with Cyborgs. So far enabling the body, weapon and then adding the TEMPLATE only works for the first Cyborg -- after that, nothing. So those need to actually be researched to be added.

On a positive (and unrelated) note, I got GREEN beacons working. :D I know that will make you happy, Milo. I looked at the PROX messages from Cam1 (the second away mission, 1-2), and there it was. At the end of the PROX line, a value of 0 will give you a Red beacon, a value of 2 gives you a green one. Wonder what '1' does...

Anyway I'd really like to get research fixed before the next release. I'm going to work on that today.
NEXUS Destruction
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS Destruction »

Could we also post on the other camp 4 forum pls!!! :stressed: :!!!:
Windows 7 Home Premium & Mac OS X
Computer 1: intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.66 Ghz Processor, Nvidia Ge-Force 9600GT & 3GB RAM
Computer 2:Mid-2010 Model 27" iMac (intel Core i3 3.2Ghz Dual-Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB & 4GB RAM)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NEXUS Destruction wrote:Could we also post on the other camp 4 forum pls!!! :stressed: :!!!:
why? :hmm:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

This is the thread I'd like bug reports posted on. :D *please*. See, I said please .. :lol2:

The other thread is for development stuff related to Cam 4 -- a place where Milo, myself (and anyone else who wishes to contribute to the development somehow) can discuss those niggling little technical details.

Oh, and I'll state this here, because it's come up: anyone who wishes to donate should instead donate to the site here. I don't want anyone's money. Help me by helping the site, the maintainers, and the site owners instead. I do this out of love for the game and the community.
NEXUS Destruction
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS Destruction »

It hasn't had a post for ages, it once went without a post for 9 days!

Scratch that, it has not had a post since the 13th October!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :!!!:
Last edited by NEXUS Destruction on 24 Oct 2011, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7 Home Premium & Mac OS X
Computer 1: intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.66 Ghz Processor, Nvidia Ge-Force 9600GT & 3GB RAM
Computer 2:Mid-2010 Model 27" iMac (intel Core i3 3.2Ghz Dual-Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB & 4GB RAM)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I'm sure it'll pick up again after this last Preview release I'll be making in the next couple of days. Tons of fixes, new additions (M7 is finally in, and will be the last stage of The Gauntlet) and the like. It'll be a pretty significant release.

After that it'll be back to business getting M8+ coded and research fixed.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: [ALPHA][Curr.Ver: Release-5]Campaign 4 Preview & Bug Rep

Release-5 is available. Feels much more like a "beta" than an alpha. :) Give it a spin, and we always need feedback!
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:On a positive (and unrelated) note, I got GREEN beacons working
Cool! I'll change all the move-to-point type objectives to use green beacons :) Have you found out what 1 does?

As for the dev thread I still use it for files and things not related to testing, but I haven't been doing much lately :(

I did "fix" the no mini-map problem (see the dev thread) and have started testing the preview (looks good so far :wink:).
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Tried to run it, but when I start a new campaign, it gives me "failed to parse vidmemc.wrf" after a brief while of loading and crashes to desktop. I'm using a recent master build from buildbot.
Note that I am not so good at mods so it could be just some simple mistake.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Nope, it means I borked the Master version and will have to remake it. :annoyed:

I'll have a fresh release for it as soon as it's ready to go.

@ Milo: I believe '1' is for Oil (blue beacon). Haven't tested it but that would follow the logic.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Got some other things in the pipeline for the next release -- thus the delay. I was generally unhappy with the south end of the main map, so I'm tweaking it and generally making it more relevant (both Scavengers and Nexus).

Also grabbing the latest Master snapshot, and I'll be using that to test with. :P
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Good news everyone -- Research is fixed. :D New technology will be included in the next release. The models aren't done, but I'll leave it up to the community whether we use new stuff or old stuff to display it all with. (Jorzi? Mangust? Any thoughts on this?)

Master builds are working again also. :P It ended up being something simple to fix.

Huzzah! *cheer*

[EDIT] Grammer and info.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Oh, and the thread is open for any new Technology requests. Here's the criteria:

- No "God" items. I'm on the fence concerning Nukes.
- Balance is everything. For example, the Twin Assault Laser is balanced because while it fires extremely quickly, each shot doesn't pack a lot of firepower. That's what I mean by balance -- for every perk it must have a drawback.
- Your item MUST have a description about what it does, what kind of damage it inflicts, radius, etc. The more detail, the better.
- If this is an item you've made a model for, please included a screen capture of it.
- It must be something the game engine currently supports.

I look forward to seeing your submissions. :)
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

About new models: Unfortunately I'm up for a seriously packed schedule of studies including (but not limited to) electronics, hamiltonian mechanics, fourier series, number theory and game programming in XNA. This means I will not have much time to come up with new graphics, but I can still help with exporting etc if anyone else makes something. (Naiba said he was doing model requests)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

@Jorzi: No problem bud. Studies come first. :P