[DEPRECIATED] Campaign 4 (Old thread)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

[DEPRECIATED] Campaign 4 (Old thread)

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

[EDIT] This version of Campaign 4 is no longer valid. A new thread will be created shortly for tracking it's development using Warzone 3.2+ and the Javascript API.
Last edited by Goth Zagog-Thou on 10 Feb 2013, 20:47, edited 49 times in total.
macuser
Regular
Regular

Re: [PUBLIC TEST] Campaign 4 Preview & Bug Reports

Post by macuser »

Mac users can install to

~/Library/Application Support/Warzone 2100 2.3/mods/global

BTW Looks AWESOME! I'll do a test run when I get a chance ;)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I like Nuclear Silence 2102 mix =)
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Bugfix Release 2 is going through internal (meaning *me*, heh) testing. Will post a complete changelog when I'm finished with it. There are a couple of significant improvements thus far, and some nice juicy quirks fixed. I want to get a good full round of public testing on Release 1 first.

Anyone have any immediate complaints so far? I'm eager to hear from you.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: [ALPHA][Curr.Ver: Release-2]Campaign 4 Preview & Bug Rep

It's been a few days. Anyone have any issues, concerns, questions or requests with the Campaign thus far?
NEXUS Destruction
Trained
Trained

Re: [ALPHA][Curr.Ver: Release-2]Campaign 4 Preview & Bug Rep

Post by NEXUS Destruction »

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE
Last edited by NEXUS Destruction on 28 Oct 2011, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 7 Home Premium & Mac OS X
Computer 1: intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.66 Ghz Processor, Nvidia Ge-Force 9600GT & 3GB RAM
Computer 2:Mid-2010 Model 27" iMac (intel Core i3 3.2Ghz Dual-Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB & 4GB RAM)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: [ALPHA][Curr.Ver: Release-3]Campaign 4 Preview & Bug Rep

Release-3 is now available. Please see the first post. :)

The releases are packed as .zip files. Unzip them to get the two .wz files.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

downloading....
download finished.
testing....
:)
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

;) :lol2:

I've noticed that at the M6 stage things get pretty laggy all of a sudden. Not sure what's going on there, but I think it has something to do with the Transport. It's a non-issue imo since we're replacing those with either Jorzi's Transport or Olrox's (that actually *are* meant to be there).

Milo, feel free to take liberties with M7. Anything you'd like to do for that mission, do it. Same goes for any new missions you'd like tossed into the mix, even if it goes past M12. Real-life is going to occupy my time for the next week or two, and it'll give the current release the time to mature and settle in. :)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I have tested a bit...

Near the begining, it takes years before you get your first reenforcement. I understand the hit and run idea, but if you are a little unlucky and you lose a unit or two, it make the fist part last forever.

If i knew, i would have saved/reloaded or simply restarted the mission instead of going on and on...
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I'm open to suggestions if the balance is uneven... but... the whole idea is that the player has been shot down in hostile territory, facing superior numbers and an uncertain outcome. Tactics are what is called for. My own map/enemy design very well could be "difficult" for others to overcome.

If that's the case I'll readily concede and adjust the balance some more. If more requests come in for a rebalance, then it'll happen. :)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: [ALPHA][Curr.Ver: Release-4]Campaign 4 Preview & Bug Rep

Release-4 is out, for 2.3.8 AND 3.0+! :) Check the first post.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

I think we need to figure out some way to get the mini map without the command center, its terribly annoying to have to scroll around to find all the objective markers. Maybe a 1x1 invisible command center with a 0 range internal sensor on a (unreachable) cliff somewhere? The "Mobile Command Center" is a mission critical unit so we wouldn't have to worry about it not being destructible :)

I looked at the scripts so far and :shock: Goth you are getting to be (are? :hmm:) the top warzone campaign scripter around :3 I think I need to work harder :wink:

I haven't had time to test run the whole thing yet :( but I should find time to do it soon, after that I'll have a better idea of what's required in mission 7 :)
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Hehe ... like I said, you're the one who got me started with it, and the credit is still yours. :D And there's plenty of AI Scripters around these parts who could code whistles into watches and have them SING me the time (little Harry Potter reference there.. :P ).

Seriously, I'm not that good. I still need the Scripting Manual most of the time :lol2:

Mission 7... I've gone and really stripped M7 down to nothing, since most of what made it a mission has been used in earlier stages during the Gauntlet. And yes, it's my fault. Sooooo... Let's at least do a synopsis planning thing here.

In M6 you've helped the Scavengers in the Northwest corner of the map. We've built our base in M5 and (supposedly) secured your areas, including (now moved from M3, since it didn't fit) the AA Site that shot everyone down in the first place. We've got a NEXUS Base in the extreme south that (if you've been thorough) has been dealt with. The original plan for M7 was staging for the next three Missions. We don't need to do that, now, since technically M7 has already been done.

I propose a MASSIVE Nexus counterattack and invasion. And not with NX-LT-Flash-Hovers, either. Dragon Wyvern Gauss and the like -- along with Nexus doing a truck rush thing. Vengeance Thermite VTOL's hacking away at your newly-built installations.

Certainly would make it worth the player spending time to build the entire zone up. :lol2:

[EDIT] I've got (at least) one more release to make before we move on to M7 and beyond. There's stuff that I've gotten fixed / working in the earlier stages that I need to finish up & set as a base build first. So hold off on M7 until we get Research fixed and everything in place. :D Please.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Seriously, I'm not that good. I still need the Scripting Manual most of the time
Don't tell anyone, but I do too :wink:

We could just cut mission 7 altogether, or not, I still haven't played through the preview yet so I can't really say.

I just got a copy of Urban Assault and its cutting into the time I had planned for other projects. :P
- Demigod Game Ganual