[DEPRECIATED] Campaign 4 (Old thread)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: [ALPHA][Curr.Ver: Release-6]Campaign 4 Preview & Bug Rep

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Yep, the assertion errors seem to be caused by the script trying to build units in factories that don't exist anymore .. which shouldn't be happening since I have checks in the script to see if the factory exists BEFORE starting a build queue. This is something one of the devs will have to take a look at, because I can't do anything about it myself.

The Nexus attack event on M7 (earlier, if the player decides to wander into the base..) IS difficult, at least to my reckoning. The player is being attacked from as many as SEVEN directions. Sadly what seems to break it is that formation speed limiting has been removed -- meaning that the faster units arrive at the intended targets before the heavy hitters do, and the player can take out the Repair and Sensor units; resulting in crippling the offensive.

As far as the AI being weak elsewhere -- I can definitely adjust that. I have a good idea where it could be considered weak. I can also script in more attack events leading up to M7. :P
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Just wanted to try it for the first time, but ran into troubles :( (v2.3.9)

Code: Select all

info    |09:54:48: [main] (global) mod (cam4preview6wz23.wz) is enabled
error   |09:54:48: [iV_loadImage_PNG] pie_PNGLoadFile: PHYSFS_openRead(texpages/bdrops/backdrop3.png) failed with error: File not found
error   |09:54:48: [loadLevFile] loadLevFile: File not found: addon.lev
error   |09:54:48: [openLoadFile] file wrf/frontend.wrf could not be opened: File not found
error   |09:54:48: [openLoadFile] Assert in Warzone: frame.c:334 (!"unable to open file"), last script event: '<none>'
fatal   |09:54:48: [resLoad] Could not open file wrf/frontend.wrf
fatal   |09:54:48: [startTitleLoop] Shutting down after failure
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Make an autoload folder in mods, put it in there. I should note that it will appear to hang when loading -- it's searching for research messages that will be added eventually.

Occasionally that will cause an access violation crash. What I do is run Warzone as an administrator on Windows (Linux and Mac are unaffected by this and load normally) and it'll at least get past that issue.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Make an autoload folder in mods, put it in there.
Same thing happens. Except the first line, obviously.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

You've put it in your \Program Files\Warzone2100\mods\autoload folder right? That's where it needs to be.
NEXUS Destruction
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS Destruction »

try running it in compatibility mode if you are on w7, set it to XP, never vista, vista is poisonous! :shock: :augh: :dash1: :help:

an example (caution, contains strong language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5EzViViQ0
more rants without swearing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cscR9q9 ... re=related

WINDOWS VISTA :Gigakach_01: :bow2: WINDOWS 7 :bow2: MAC OS X 10.7 LION

funny video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFx62_Ia ... re=related
Windows 7 Home Premium & Mac OS X
Computer 1: intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.66 Ghz Processor, Nvidia Ge-Force 9600GT & 3GB RAM
Computer 2:Mid-2010 Model 27" iMac (intel Core i3 3.2Ghz Dual-Core Processor, ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB & 4GB RAM)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ok, got it. On linux, i didn't install warzone from repository, but compiled it instead, and never did make install. In this case, i needed to put it to the mods/autoload folder in the source directory, not in the user data directory (~/.warzone2100-2.3).

Also, isn't that strange that mods behave differently depending on that? Isn't it a reason for a bug report?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

NoQ wrote:Also, isn't that strange that mods behave differently depending on that?
Only when you don't know the code involved.

Edit: Trying to run it, I get asserts about a lot of missing research messages for new stuff (messages/resmessage*), "Building more than 5 Factory for player 7", "Building more than 5 Cyborg Factory for player 3", and then it spams "DUPLICATE FACTORY DELIVERY POINT FOUND", probably because it added delivery points for the surplus factories.
We want information... information... information.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Yep, I've got a couple of factories using common delivery points so I can make groups and do orderGroupLoc stuff with less code. Since the maps are large I felt I had to do that. Spawning units in seems to cause a big lag spike and I wanted to minimize that.

The research messages will be addressed whenever I get around to it. Lazy, lazy, I know... :lol2:
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

i can't get to the campiagn i i lauch the game and hit new campaign and the game crashes am i doing something wrong
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Is the mod in /Program Files/[warzone 2100 folder]/mods/autoload ?
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

yea i've double checked

edit i got the problem fixed never mind
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Release 7 is almost ready. Numerous changes abound, including some enhancements to the main map that I'm sure you guys will find .. interesting. :D
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Found a bug: On the mission where you have to build defenses for the main base plus three satellite bases if you alert nexus the group spawning in to the west of the top satellite base never goes anywhere so subsequent spawns just stack up.

I was able to get a hero vtol plasma bomber in a single attack run :shock:

Other than that I liked cam 4 a good bit better than cams 1-3. A little harder wouldn't hurt though :wink:
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Ask and you shall receive. :D New major version is almost ready for testing. A *HUGE* amount of enhancements and fixes with this one -- including the intended opposition levels for enemies, especially in Stage 1.

The starting area is now MUCH less boring, but not overpowered either. I test on 'Hard' difficulty to make sure it's how it should be. I've re-implemented the 'hit-and-run tactics' paradigm, and the player MUST use that tactic to survive.

I really *really* (and I mean really ) want any and all ideas for more missions and things to do concerning the Main Map. According to my estimates, we're using roughly 70% of the map thus far for missions. I'd like to increase that number to around 90%. I also want to make the missions more non-linear.. For example, during the M5 stage, it's possible to alert Nexus before you're really ready for it; and in so doing, the attack upon the player occurs sooner. I have added some new triggers to get things happening in a more reactive fashion. I'm going to make a separate test build after this release (planned for New Years' Eve) where the area trigger checks are started during the CALL_GAME_INIT loop. That way the game experience isn't as static as we're used to. I'm also re-adding the old M5 sub-mission for the northeast corner as part of M2 (since there's a base camping Transport Two now).

So yeah -- LOTS of stuff happening. Sorry it's been so slow this time, folks. Real-life tends to kick you in the teeth when you least need it to.

And thanks for the bug report, Milo. Looks like a missing trigger for that group -- easily fixed.