This mod works on both warzone2100-2.3.9 and warzone2100-3.1_beta8, but the behaviour is different.
That's what exactly this mod does:
- Victory condition checks are disabled for spectators.
- A command center and a satellite uplink center is spawned near the initial truck for spectators.
- The initial truck is removed for spectators.
- All players automatically report every research they completed to spectators. They also report their power level every time a research is completed.
Out of my maps, the following maps are already designed to work with this mod:
- 4c-Vision-1-03 (previous versions don't work)
- 4c-Serenity4 (previous versions have not enough room)
- 4c-Anomalies (effectively replaces built-in spectator mod)
- 8c-Snowfall (at most 1 spectator; no room for auto-spawning two spectators)
- 8c-Rubber_s2 (previous versions don't work)
Note for map makers: For the mod to get applied properly to your map, spectators should have at least a 5x5 square of buildable tiles around their initial truck (with truck being in the middle of the square). It is ok to put a few buildings for spectators (FlaME won't allow you to compile a map without every player having a command center; you might also want to give them a satlink so that spectator locations could work without any mods sometimes).
Known bugs: Normal players are aware of messages submitted to spectators and thus recieve a little bit of annoying noise in their console. Some research strings seem to be missing.
Technical: Since this issue remains unresolved, i decided to hard-code technology names inside the mod, and it turned out to be pretty ugly. Also, the mod will have to be re-done every time the tech tree changes. Don't even think of using it with master builds without re-working. Also, i'm not planning embedding this mod into maps yet, because i don't consider it to be stable, and i don't want to re-do tons of maps every time this mod is imporved.
So far it just makes the game don't remove things at start for anybody who possesses a sat-link at start of the game. This way, it will work on any map where players have pre-placed satlinks iff they are supposed to spectate.
Note: don't use it in AI games, cause they will try to attack you (even NullBot, that doesn't care about things like command centers or satlinks, still cares about your truck that isn't removed yet).