this is an experimental map with an unfinished tertilesc1...

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

put the tertilesc1 in the grim mod.wz  or whatever its name is...

put the xperimental.wz and addon.lev files in the maps folder.

play all positions... this is not a finished map...
as the tertilesc1 isn't complete either...  this is done for feedback

thanks.

kim(lav_coyote25)metcalfe = the map
grimandmandy  = the tertilesc1.png

this is mod only - not for use in the main warzone.wz folder.
Attachments
xperimental map.png
experimental map and tertilesc1.7z
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 290 times
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 22 Jul 2007, 02:51, edited 1 time in total.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: this is an experimental map with an unfinished tertilesc1...

Post by lav_coyote25 »

this will be the next iteration of the xperimental map...

update:july 21 2007

still a lot of texturing to yet... needs to be played on line ... if at all possible...

still using the unfinished tertilesc1.png from grim...(latest version)
Attachments
new xperimental 4 player.7z
(70.72 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
xperimental next iteration.png
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 22 Jul 2007, 02:45, edited 1 time in total.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Where is the "maps" folder?  ???
I tried putting it in Custom Maps in My Documents, but nothing happened.
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 22 Jul 2007, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

:o 

holy smokes!! 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...

look here...
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Played the newer version today, T1 no bases vs 2 AI's died after about 1hr 45mins ;D, a couple of things cost me the match:

1st time playing the map so i had no idea where any oil resources were, after checking the stat screen a few times i noticed one of the AIs had not build any units for quite some time and had a very low score, i can only assume that the other AI had either maimed or killed it then took over its resources allowing it to send the wave after wave of Hvy Cannon Tracked Pythons that quickly overwhelmed my force of 23 of the same tank.

Overall: Nice map, plenty of oil grouped in 1-4's and spread out nicely which should promote some good skirmishes over oil during online play and the higher terrain seems to have a nice gradient so i did not see any units get stuck, reminds me of terrain one might encounter on Mars or Mercury.

I like the tileset, looks alot more like a desert than the original - gives the impression that its a real inhospitable place, the perfect staging ground for a small scale war.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

>:( this is getting annoying...  here is a preview showing players bases... almost done... needs some tweaking on textures... but this annoying mdump shtuff keeps happening... what is causing it.... is it too many gateways / or what?  >:(

am using the r2255 build - debug version.

edit - see next post - found where the problem lies.... damn argument between caps and noncaps..stupid argument should have been settled years ago goldang it!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

experimental.png
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 31 Jul 2007, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

well - i figured out why i was having so many frigging problems!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

now why it started now is beyond me... the editor is saving files with caps ... and this is in the  .wz archive ... so needless to say, whoever is in charge of this argument between nix and win file system crap - please fix it .  thankyou.

i had to go in and change all to noncaps... which is a pain in the as......  if you get ma drift. ;D

and while i am at the reporting of stuff... whoever did the changes to the score boards... your going to have to go in and make em bigger... or change it back to the way it was.... see the pic.  and also - look at the score - you cant have that many kills in 26 mins... no matter how goldang good you are.  you have to make the kills / units / power boxes bigger... thanks ;D
Attachments
wz2100_shot_196.png
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 31 Jul 2007, 06:05, edited 1 time in total.