Quick Match v1.0 for wz 1.10

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
dabest
New user

Quick Match v1.0 for wz 1.10

Post by dabest »

I made a Quick Match mod for 1.10

You will start with no bases.
If you first build a factory you will have access to scavenger units.
After you build an (expensive) command center you will have access to the design screen and able to develop units with 3 kinds of bodies, 3 kinds of propulsions and 8 kinds of weapons.
the weapons all got their strength and weakness.

The main ideas are :
- people getting more tactical in destroying/making/protecting oil derricks and defending land areas. Also destruction of important buildings can be a tactic.
- have shorter games without looong tech lists
- making it nice to play with alot possible tactics.
- having not so much junk stuff thats all alike, like bodies and weapons.

note : this is only the first version. I plan to improve this. Suggestions are very welcome.

If you want to play this with me, you can find me on IRC from 7AM GMT - 5 PM GMT

Thanks to watermelon for explaining me how to mod, and expecially explaining how vlo / slo files work.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Re: Quick Match v1.0 for wz 1.10

Post by Kamaze »

Ehm, the (our) open source version isn't compatible to the retail version of warzone 2100.

See: http://wz2100.net/wiki/development:modding_mapping
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
dabest
New user

Post by dabest »

Kamaze wrote: Ehm, the (our) open source version isn't compatible to the retail version of warzone 2100.

See: http://wz2100.net/wiki/development:modding_mapping
Ehm, I know? Thats why I said its for 1.10?
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

dabest wrote: I made a Quick Match mod for 1.10

You will start with no bases.
If you first build a factory you will have access to scavenger units.
After you build an (expensive) command center you will have access to the design screen and able to develop units with 3 kinds of bodies, 3 kinds of propulsions and 8 kinds of weapons.
the weapons all got their strength and weakness.

The main ideas are :
- people getting more tactical in destroying/making/protecting oil derricks and defending land areas. Also destruction of important buildings can be a tactic.
- have shorter games without looong tech lists
- making it nice to play with alot possible tactics.
- having not so much junk stuff thats all alike, like bodies and weapons.

note : this is only the first version. I plan to improve this. Suggestions are very welcome.

If you want to play this with me, you can find me on IRC from 7AM GMT - 5 PM GMT

Thanks to watermelon for explaining me how to mod, and expecially explaining how vlo / slo files work.
I think you can extract the slo/vlo generated by WZCK with wdg explorer and paste its contents into 2.0.x/trunk slo/vlo files,so you can make you minimod compatible with 2.0.x/trunk.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Watermelon wrote: I think you can extract the slo/vlo generated by WZCK with wdg explorer and paste its contents into 2.0.x/trunk slo/vlo files,so you can make you minimod compatible with 2.0.x/trunk.
Although almost everybody here plays 2.0.x , he didn't say he wanted to make it 2.0.x compatible.
dabest
New user

Post by dabest »

hmm. ill try it some day.. But I need to change alot more in the trunk then.

I wont need wdg explorer, since I edited the .slo/vlo before compiling with makewdg, since WZCK wouldnt do what I wanted -.-

Anyways, Ill need to make improvements before I even go thinking about making it compatible with 2.0.x :P
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

if you know the basic internal directory structure the wdg contents are falling into, iirc, all you have to do is replicate that directory structure, throw all of it in a zip with a ".wz" extension and it's good for 2.x
CMDBob
Greenhorn

Post by CMDBob »

Sounded fun. Shame there isn't a .wz version.

Tried converting it to WZ myself, but there is 4 files in the wdg named:
  • $51B92AF.slo
  • $51B92AF.vlo
  • $D97923F.slo
  • $D97923F.vlo
Which i don't know what they are.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

wdg's store files by hash (not by filename), and makewdg doesn't actually reverse the hash -- it just uses a predefined list of hashnames -> decoded filename pairs, and renames each recognized file on extraction -- if the hash isn't in that list, along with the original name, the file will just end up in your filesystem with a name like the ones you list below.

luckily, the hash was found to be reversable by someone a few years ago, but i don't recall where you can obtain the decoding algorithm.
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Have you tried opening them in a text editor?, a lot of the slo and vlo files have a header like multilim.slo or multilim.vlo if you can find that out then tracking down where the files belong and renaming them should do the trick.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
CMDBob
Greenhorn

Post by CMDBob »

Hmm, yes, 2 I've been able to rename and place.

The other two, are a bit of a mystery. I'll have to do some digging.
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

WZCK can include a simple script to auto enable components and structs, in the 2 mystery files is there any mention of auto enable, or something to that effect? if not ill have quick check later on.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen