My first proper map

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Brisingr
Trained
Trained

My first proper map

Post by Brisingr »

I would like some feed back please.

Map info;
Name -- Temple of War -- Ingame name -- TempleOfWar --

2 oil in each base
2 oil on each platform/Bridge end (the hill part conecting two base locations)
4 oil on each large square corners in mid sections.
--32 oil in total, 16 outer, 16 inner.--

Advance Scavs based around center area
Forts guard bridge ends and entry into centre place.
laser AA guards centre base and they are guarded by radar which is protected by laser towers.
artillery = Plasma cannon arty XD
easy to destroy the scavs though (even ai can do it... eventually0).

Comment;
Really hard in the t-0 stages as lack of oil and advance tech defences in places.
Prevents early rush tactics with and without scavs on, if scavs are off rush to get the oil.
Really good for lengthy games.
Best to take on scavs in either numbers or late t-2 t-3 tech (Combination of both land and air is best)

Hope you enjoy my first map that im publishing and I would love to hear some feed back
Attachments
Temple Of War Map.png
Temple Of War Map.png (4.86 KiB) Viewed 3420 times
4c-TempleOfWar.zip
(4.75 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
The world will only achive peace through the fire of war.
n2large0shirt
Trained
Trained

Re: My first proper map

Post by n2large0shirt »

Looks like a good one, but i have a strong symmetry bias :D Haven't had time to play any games of late, but when I do I will definitely try this map.
~Elderly before my time.~
Brisingr
Trained
Trained

Post by Brisingr »

Im glad you like the look of it n2large0shirt :)

I hope you get some time to try it out as I look forward to some of the feed back (good or bad XD ).
Brisingr
Trained
Trained

Post by Brisingr »

Anyone going to give feed back?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Even though i like low oil games, sitting with two oils for as long as you can't destroy two mass driver forts is too much even for me (: Should be reoiled a little, i believe. Simply putting 6 oils in every main base without changing anything else sounds fair, imho; it would also provide some nice balance for scavengerless battles.

Texturing is very beautiful, i like the clean looks of it very much; I think you've done it manually, and even though it turned out very well, i really suggest you learn the other side of map painting, that is, using brushes, that will help you in creating "non-geometrical", "natural" maps. ;)
Brisingr
Trained
Trained

Post by Brisingr »

:lol2: thx for the feed back.

I kind of like the managing of the start and this could be used to help people manage there research, units and structures well i guess :) .

But I guess ill keep this one and make a higer oil version (perhaps have the 4 additional oil outside the base location in the "Plains").

I did have a multiplay game with this map and, well I dont think they liked the forts XD as they all quit around the time they would incounter them.

Again thx for feed back NoQ and I wounder if n2large0shirt has had time to test it yet.

I will post the Map with the higer oil on here (maybe add a bit more oil into middle too).
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

If you want to create a competitive with high re-playability map. You should not "put oil in the middle" like this. Indeed you create a huge truck race in the middle. That destroy the balance of the game. Unless we ask dev to add shock absorbers and nitro and tires to the game XD ?

I mean the game become only dependent on who get the middle. And all other strategies or research path become useless. (just an opinion)
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Brisingr
Trained
Trained

Post by Brisingr »

hmm i see what you mean.

But... with the scavs you wouldnt want to go in middle XD.

I just played a MP on the reworked map and people didnt quit lol but also nobody whent into middle it was more of a O shape battle field XD .

if scavs are off though I doo see that there would be a rush to the middle but arnt one of the default maps simular? basingstoke I think its called and really that map was the core isperation behind this map.

Any way the scavs yuse the oil to build huge army so its more of a "rush to stop MEGA scav army" :lol2:

Anyhow here is TempleOfWarB and ive added 4 oil to each base but the oil is open for attack and added 4 oil in centre large square which is protected by the scavs. I also added oil drums here and there. So it is now more fast paced.
Attachments
4c-TempleOfWarB.zip
(4.96 KiB) Downloaded 156 times