Mysteryem's Addons, Newest: 4c-NovaTown

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mysteryem's Addons, Newest: 4c-NovaTown

Post by Mysteryem »

Alright, so I've decided that I'm going to keep my maps (and mods) in one uniform place; like everyone else is doing with their maps. I have little time at the moment for lots of mapping and modding, but here and there, it all adds up.

My maps are available in the addons part of the site. All my maps in the addons section: http://addons.wz2100.net/?author=Mysteryem

I'll leave the OutskirtsM spectator version here whilst I work out what to do with it.
Attachments
8c-OutskirtsM_s.wz
Spectator version with up to 6 spectator positions
(94.09 KiB) Downloaded 719 times
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Mysteryem's Maps & Mods

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Mysteryem :)
Alright, so I've decided that I'm going to keep my maps (and mods) in one uniform place;
Finally :) I am very happy you have decied to do so :)
like everyone else is doing with their maps.
I think you are speaking about some of us ;)
but here and there, it all adds up.
I cant wait to see your work :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

SandMod:
By the way, why were these textures merged? That is, I think this mod should be merged into the game! (:
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

NoQ wrote:
SandMod:
By the way, why were these textures merged? That is, I think this mod should be merged into the game! (:
Well, 'yellow' and 'sand' both use the same tiletype and that was what decided which texture to use before it was updated to the new system.
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Mysteryem's Maps & Mods: 2c-DustOff

Post by Mysteryem »

Found an old lnd file I made ages ago, opened it in flaME and made a map out of it. The whole purpose of this map originally was that it was entirely asymmetric.
2c-DustOff(A1):

Pictures later :)
Attachments
2c-dustoffa1.wz
(14.44 KiB) Downloaded 663 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

2c-DustOff(A1):
ages ago
Very Very Impressing.
I Still Have Much To Learn.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

2c-DustOff(A1):
Very nice map, natural terrarian, and as always rich in textures

I have already learn two things, I have to try to use different layout of buildings than vertical and horizontal, and also multiple terrace terrarian, in which actually all terraces are accesible by single paths.

What is even more important, long ago the map must have ben harder to make and took much longer to be completed.

I am not a great fan of natural terrarian, am I doomed becuse of that ??.. I am very often heading different direction.. but I use natural too..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

and also multiple terrace terrarian, in which actually all terraces are accesible by single paths.
In games such as starcraft, the height of different areas of the map has a huge role to play in the tactics of the game, in warzone there is less of a role, but it can still be used effectively to alter play.
I wouldn't say that everywhere should be accessible and not always by single paths. When making maps, I tend to think about how difficult or easy it will be to defend a location or build a base there. For example, a narrow choke point can allow defences to pick units off one by one and cause problems for an army if the units are set to retreat, and multiple entrances to an area means more sides that the area can be attacked from. The bases in sk-rush for example are very tough due the high cliff surround the back of them and the single entrance to them at the front.
What is even more important, long ago the map must have ben harder to make and took much longer to be completed.
Well, aside from being really wierd and messing up some heightmaps while happily accepting others (and the fact that I had to convert all my heightmaps to .pcx just to use them) the heightmaps for the map originally was just me messing around with shapes and bluring and smudging, then finally reducing the number of colours in the image so that there were a few distinct levels. Originally it was probably easiest to make all of the slopes on the heightmap rather than make them in editworld, flaME changed that for the better and made it much easier. To make this map I basically took a map which was just a heightmap, used the cliff brush on the entire map and then smoothed paths in the cliffs where I wanted paths to be made. then it was just the matter of texturing and detailing. Incase you want to see the original map before editing in flaME went under way, I've decided to attach it.
I am not a great fan of natural terrarian, am I doomed becuse of that ??.. I am very often heading different direction.. but I use natural too..
I wouldn't have said that it necessarily has to be natural looking terrain. Olrox's Arena #14 shows this very well. His type of terrain that he's used I class as man-made, it's obviously not natural, but has many details and shows that straight lines can be just as effective as natural looking terrain. I don't really have a name for all the NTW maps out there, but I supposed you could think of those types of maps as geometrically simple, they use a lot of basic shapes such as circles, squares and hexagons and often contain a lot of patterns in their terrain, a map of mine that I think falls into this category would be AiAssault. When really, all it is, is a bunch of circles (each corner, the middle and the ring around the outside) connected by some straight lines and gradients, then finally, a few areas are filled in with some random noise.

If you think about it, most maps are made this way, but that doesn't mean that they're all bad. 4c-UrbanChaos for example had an incredibly simple heightmap, but it worked very well and achieved the idea behind it. I think that 4c-Pyramidal has done a similar job.
Attachments
asymmetric[hilly].zip
Before ~4hours editing on sunday
(5.94 KiB) Downloaded 609 times
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Mysteryem's Maps & Mods 2c-DustOff (a1)

Post by Merowingg »

Mystyeryem :)

Thank you for your extensive answer..

Now I do understand your point of view about natural and artificial terrarian, as you have probably noticed I trie to do some natural terrarian, but very often I see so many lets say "geometrical figures shapes-like" on my mind to make a map, that I just cant stop myself.. :) But making natural maps is a great experience for me too.. I think as I said one day that I got mapmakers "virus" to my bidy and now I am "mutating" ;) by virus I dont mean anything wrong of course and by mutation I mean I am unpredictible.. and some maps are very far away in look and their role from each other :)

I am sure and it is obvious that you have been making maps long time ago already and it was harder or shall I say more complex :) but maybe more selfinvolving and absorbing ?? in some way I supose.. and I am not sure if you get what I mean :)

And finally my lets say some sort of "difference" of my maps is caused by my attitude to change at least a little naturalterrarian idea of the maps :) to surprise and give a fres ideas to mapmaking :) one of those crazy Ideas is Hedgehog with over 250 needle mountains on it, or Atlantis with "fountains" on it :)

In anyhow direction I will go, I am still so happy to create :) and have millions of ideas :)

I am to visit your thread for inspiration I can assure :) If you dont mind..

Bye :)

Regards - Mero
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

2c-Arizatec (a1) by Mysteryem

Post by Mysteryem »

2c-Arizatec (a1):
A map that I've been working on for some time now, the map will (eventually) feature a 4 player variant, note the possible bases in the top right and bottom left corners, and possibly a 6 player variant. but for now, here is the duel version.
Download: Edit: The original 2 player map file has not been re-uploaded at this time, however, the 4 player and 6 player variants are still available at http://addons.wz2100.net/243 and http://addons.wz2100.net/244 respectfully.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mysteryem's Maps & Mods 6/4c-Arizatec

Post by Mysteryem »

6/4c-Arizatec is complete!
6c-Arizatec:
The 6 or 4 player variant of my previous 2 player map, 2c-Arizatec
Download:
4 player: http://addons.wz2100.net/243
6 player: http://addons.wz2100.net/244
Screenshot of the map in flaME
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mysteryem's Maps & Mods 2c-OutskirtsM (+spectator versio

Post by Mysteryem »

Have finished my latest map
2c-OutskirtsM:
1v1 duel map in an urban environment which makes use of scroll limits to remove the visible edges of the map and hide spectator positions in the spectator version. I'm hoping to make use of scroll limits in all of my future maps.
Download:
http://addons.wz2100.net/245
In game preview. (scroll limit effect added afterwards)
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mysteryem's Maps & Mods 4c-Frostblade

Post by Mysteryem »

Made this one over the weekend while I was on holiday. Have fun :)
4c-Frostblade:
A four player, rotationally symmetric, map set in a snowy rockies environment for 2v2 or FFA.

The scavengers have a centre map presence as well as some guarded oils in the corners of the map.

The rush time between adjacent bases is about 70 seconds.

The very centre oil resource is only accessible via hover technology.
Download:

http://addons.wz2100.net/246
In game preview.
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Re: Mysteryem's Maps & Mods 4c-Frostblade

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks a lot for these maps Mysteryem. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mysteryem's Maps & Mods 5c-hydrofin

Post by Mysteryem »

Oh wow, I'd almost forgotten about this map. All it had been needing was a few more trees added to two fifths of the map and a name other than "5-player-test". I present to you 5c-hydrofin:
Attachments
5c-hydrofin-r1.wz
(131.47 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
FlaMe Minimap Preview
FlaMe Minimap Preview