new maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Re: new maps

Post by ClockWork »

Yeah, but your existence wasn't totally annihilated by a barrage of missile the moment you realized that you have been born! It was like some doctor took a metal gloved hand and banished me from the putrid world until I saw a ‘game over’ screen. By some impudence, I was wrought justice the very moment my truck stepped in their shadows the wrong way, assuring an even bigger shadow over my unforgiving head with a much dire explosion afterword’s. You sir, didn't see your world end like a butterfly just being shot with a BB gun as it was loftily floating away, minding its own business. It went in pieces! Just everywhere! Scrapple of my brain matter splatterd against the concrete of the computers headquarters like some trophy to be prized in the thought that “YAAAAAY! I got’em good!” came passing by the circuitry which was the AI! Did you even see my truck? Did you? His name was henry, a wife, kids…he didn't even have a chance. The moment he went into warzone, he was doomed! Dooooooomed!

And I…was the problem…
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

um i would like to be the nice guy and agree with you, i think , but i see no point in your post ... are you saying you suck at this game, because that is what i am getting from your post so far. (what missiles were you annihilated by they had no missiles are we still on the same topic .......... For the first time i am confused :augh: HELP ME UNDERSTAND PLZ :hmm:
Did you even see my truck? Did you? His name was henry, a wife, kids…he didn't even have a chance. The moment he went into warzone, he was doomed! Dooooooomed!
THIS is a war, everyone dies including me and Henry,did he have a son, if so tell him to hide, I am starting the draft. :lol2:
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Oh not saying I suck, just being dramatic. when you chose yourself as slot one, you will get annihilated by the missile forts that are placed around your base if you don’t chose the computer in slot 0 as an ally. Pretty much what happened.
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

oh well you are right i tried and you cant escape because of the cannons
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

i need more map ideas i am out
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Here’s an idea:

Usually players will start from the outside, then work their way inside to get at the scavengers, then eventually each other. What if it were the other way around? Players start at the center with walls dividing them. They must move from the center, outwards to reach any oil. Place some cliffs, some water, and some strategic locations, and you got a map!
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

thx i will try but what about them shooting over the wall
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

I recall playing a map that had very high walls, that even a mortar had problems shooting over it.
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

ok i am going to try that today i will post the map here before monday i have it drawn out i will call it spider4you.0.1 ok

Can you make a wall like 500 or 5,000 height :hmm: ? i will try :ninja:
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

ClockWork wrote:I recall playing a map that had very high walls, that even a mortar had problems shooting over it.
what about howitser :hmm:
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

play this map 2v2 on -T2 with scavs on
wz2100-20110129_084148-main.png
Attachments
4c-lakeOFsouls.wz
(19.85 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

the idea for this map came from ClockWork he said it would be a great idea to make a map that you had to work your way out instead of in. 2v2 Start on T-1 and NO VTOL it's better :ninja:
wz2100-20110129_084157-main.jpg
This Map Is Deticated To ClockWork
Attachments
4c-Escape.wz
(17.57 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Played lake of souls. it was pretty good! I like the small hilly areas you put in, made it feel almost like a hill was dug up for strategic reasons. perhaps a couple more hills, and choke points? it's be really interesting to see a massive army navigating their way through a treterous terrain. I’ll edit this post once I’ve played escape ^-^
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

ClockWork wrote: I’ll edit this post once I’ve played escape ^-^
cool i like Escape it is really fun my game took three hours :ninja: :stare:
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

The AI seems to have problems with escape. I’m not sure if it was intended, but the trucks start outside of the complex away from the HQ tower and factory. Because the trucks start far away from their base, the AI will start a new base where they are at, and then suicide themselves to where their HQ is in the center.

Other than that, it was pretty fun! Destroying the layers of scavengers with an ally was fun, and navigating the gates and corners almost felt like a Champaign map.