new maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
curtis15
Trained
Trained

new maps

Post by curtis15 »

try this and let me know (you have 0 and 1 as a team then have 2 and 3 as a team i think T1 is best for this map)
wz2100-20101226_074751-whatdoyoudo-T1.jpg
Attachments
4c-map222.wz
(8.04 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
Last edited by curtis15 on 27 Dec 2010, 00:02, edited 3 times in total.
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Re: new maps

Post by curtis15 »

and this one(this map is like an over sized destroy me map)
wz2100-20101226_135955-main.png

I dont like this map myself kind of sloppy. :( I will try to mod it this weekend please check in and update. :D
Attachments
4c-whatdoyoudo.wz
(69.98 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Last edited by curtis15 on 03 Mar 2011, 23:05, edited 2 times in total.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I took a look at 4c-map222.wz.

I think you need to provide some explanation of what your design goals are here.

You probably should have made this thread in either "Showcase" or "Maps & Mods" instead of the "Lounge"

In general, you should tell something about your map in the post and at least provide a screen cap of the Preview Map so peeps can get a better idea of what they are downloading.

Not that it's a big deal to dl and take a quick look like I did.

But then again, I couldn't tell what you were up to right off - just seeing the massive pre-builds, pre-placements, asymmetry/imbalance in start positions, very-high oil, no use of cliff-face....etc... made me think this needed some explanation to understand how it should be played. O_o

- RV :hmm:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

you are right but i am new to this whole map making thing so just throwing in some ideas
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

curtis15 wrote:you are right but i am new to this whole map making thing so just throwing in some ideas

That's cool - new ideas are welcome. All of us map makers were new to it all at one time so we haven't forgotten how it is getting started.

Stil, do share some of those ideas here in a post so we can better appreciate your map efforts as far as how to play 'em ... what to expect out of 'em. :) Also by sharing those ideas in writing we can better advise - share some tips that could be helpful.

- RV :hmm:

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

i will in my later maps
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

in this map it is pretty simple you are fighting from the very beging for the oil (have these number sets as allies 0,1- 2,3- 4,5 - 6,7)
wz2100-20101226_140344-main.jpg
Attachments
8c-Oil_Hell.wz
(27 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

(this map can be played as 1v1v1v1 or 2v2 pretty strong base defence and pretty strong scavs)
wz2100-20101226_140929-main.jpg
Attachments
4c-mecanicalWAR.wz
(18.03 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Ok. I understand better what are your map creation passion-goals. :)

We call them Scenario-Challenges where you are making interesting, new game play, through sheer map making craft.

This is very fertile ground and the most promising area for evolving deeper, more compelling game play especially if you move on to combine it with scripting as in, for example, utilizing, milo's innovative work with Fast Play Mode altered scripts. (Evolving WZ's game play will mainly come through these type methods and NOT through development efforts.)

Since you already have fresh game play ideas, my only tip to you would be to focus on making your map's landscapes more interesting and varied - and also learn to utilize the power of impassable terrain to positively effect path-walking, path-finding and shaping the A.I.s combat group flow and multi-vectored deployments (this last is more art than science and you can only really grasp it through deep and attentive map crafting which is why some just "don't get it" - and never will).

As for making your landscapes more varied & interesting - work in the cognitive sciences over the last decade has convincingly demonstrated that humans have evolved to respond viscerally to certain type landscapes in a compelling way. Learn to make those type landscapes in your height map and then spend time tweaking them.... this will be how you initially capture a players interest with visual aesthetics in the first few minutes of the game - a critical phase. After those first few minutes, those very same visual aesthetics are subsumed to the subconscious as the game play comes to the fore and the players attention (and lasting satisfaction) is consumed in the various decision making choices that ARE the game itself. (How many stunningly beautiful games have failed this test over the last decade I'v lost count of.)

There are some map makers creating interesting and varied landscapes whose work is on display in the Showcase BB you might take a gander at (my "Aqua Coop" thread in the Map-Mod BB also has many screens along these lines)...

Creating those type visual aesthetics that grab hold of you the first few critical minutes of playing is much like what they call Presentation in the culinary-cooking arts. Which is to say, if you have 2 food plates in front of you of your favorite meals and all is equal except for how they "look" - you will go with the one that has more visual appeal even though both may taste exactly the same and have the same nutritional value.

- Rman :hmm:

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
curtis15
Trained
Trained

i would like other posts

Post by curtis15 »

it would be great if the people viewing these post would post some of there maps or ideas for maps. if anyone has a map they want to be made but your computer will no support FlaME i will make it for you just explain it in great detail when i am done with it i will post it here on this blog. :geek:
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

how do you make the land walls not climbable i cant figure it out(GOT IT) o yea my first mod is almost done about 1 week left i will post Beta1.0 one saturday or sunday maybe (never mind sorry tested mod not working yet) :!!!: :...: :...: :lecture: figureing this gets boreing
Last edited by curtis15 on 17 Jan 2011, 07:31, edited 3 times in total.
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

i made this map to be a hard one for the center but it hapens to be harder for the other six players it is also meant to be played with VTOL off AND i know 2v7 makes no sense but the unmoded verstion was 2v6
wz2100-20110116_212646-main.png
(bendib help me mod this map so dont forget to thank him or give him credit to) :geek:
Attachments
8c-Hard2Survive2V7.wz
(51.11 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Last edited by curtis15 on 20 Jan 2011, 22:45, edited 2 times in total.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

The first time I played ‘Hard to survive,’ I chose slot 1 over slot 0, letting my computer ally have all the nice things. Problem was, I forgot to set alliances, and I found myself popped within five seconds XD

Trying again properly, I found that it got harder as the game progressed, as the enemy will generally have six laser satellites shooting at you from time to time. Best strategy is to kill them while you can, or else you will be over run inevitably.
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

your best bet is to start on T1 and destroy them before they get the morters my favorite is to play without the laser satilite command post and to use heavy MG with python body ALSO use MED. cannon with same body
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

ClockWork wrote:The first time I played ‘Hard to survive,’ I chose slot 1 over slot 0, letting my computer ally have all the nice things. Problem was, I forgot to set alliances, and I found myself popped within five seconds XD
Try to pay attention sometimes i forget to turn scavs on or turn VTOL off :roll: