Maps needed for inclusion into 3.1+

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: Maps needed for inclusion into 3.1

Post by JDW »

EDIT: Nevermind :wink:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I'd like to propose 4-player AuberForest map by felipe for inclusion at some point. I know there are already loads of 4c maps, but this one is worth a look IMHO.

The map will likely need some adjustments to meet the requirements for bundling with the game (felipe seems very open to improvement suggestions), but overall I think it's a really nice map particularly for SP skirmishes. As a self-confessed turtler, this map makes me not want to turtle, and for that reason I think it would encourage more people to get in to MP in the long run.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

What is so different about the map Sir?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Only one way to find out... ;)
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

AuberForest
But it's a map-mod. It's impossible to include a map-mod currently: map-mods only work when packed into separate .wz files.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

ah, ok. even if it could be bundled it would need some fine tuning (eg. correct placement of tree heights, etc)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

correct placement of tree heights
I think it's an old bug on the game side (trees hanging above the ground not only sometimes happens, but is also anisotropic: on a symmetric map, symmetric trees may have different heights).
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

I think someone forgot to close this thread since 3.1 is already out :lol2:
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: Maps needed for inclusion into 3.1+

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Or we could just rename it, as it seems to already be the case.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Nameless
Trained
Trained

Post by Nameless »

Even better we could start contributing to this thread; viewtopic.php?f=43&t=10739.

=)
If you're reading this; you're awesome.
RBMW-Collector
Trained
Trained

Post by RBMW-Collector »

HI guys! All maps that you offer is good, BUT.... But i already tired to search my favorite maps in huge map list. It just awful. And You offer to expend that list?? Please dont do that! I suggest to increase amount of standart maps instead.
AKA Redemptor. Map designer
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

I have 7 maps I would like to submit for consideration to be released/bundled with 3.1.3 but 6 of them use non-standard tile sets. NoQ mentioned above map mods won't work with stock maps? Do you think it is frowned upon to have stock maps that deviate from the original wz? Where should I upload them for review? I'm only allowed to attach 3 files per post. Also, how do I upload addons to the addon section?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

MIH-XTC wrote:I have 7 maps I would like to submit for consideration to be released/bundled with 3.1.3 but 6 of them use non-standard tile sets. NoQ mentioned above map mods won't work with stock maps? Do you think it is frowned upon to have stock maps that deviate from the original wz? Where should I upload them for review? I'm only allowed to attach 3 files per post. Also, how do I upload addons to the addon section?
The best way to do this is have a map thread, with your maps.
Then, each post would have the map in question, and the license, and screen pics of said map.

Once that is done, hopefully the community would give feedback.
After that, you can register for an account on addons.wz2100.net, and upload them there, with links back to your map's thread.

Easy. :)

Oh, it is way too late to get anything into 3.1.3, we usually wait months, if not longer to get good, solid feedback before they are added.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Inclusion of map-mods into base game has technical problems; nobody minds, just impossible. A mod is something that modifies the stats. A map-mod is a map that modifies the stats while loaded. However, a built-in map is always loaded as part of mp.wz. It means that a mod inside a built-in map would affect all other maps. It becomes very clear to you if you understand how physfs work: just unpack your map on top of base.wz and mp.wz and see what happens. A regular map would only add files, a map-mod would overwrite files.

This problem would be eliminated by the new map format, at least for the tilesets, other stuff still cannot be modded in a stock map. If we are to include a map with a custom tileset now, we need to carefully merge the custom textures and decals into one of the existing three tilesets and re-make the map to use the new merged tileset, and it is no longer a map-mod after this is done.

Another approach is to create a special map folder for default maps inside the game installation and store default maps as .wz files in this folder.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

vexed wrote: The best way to do this is have a map thread, with your maps.
Then, each post would have the map in question, and the license, and screen pics of said map.

Once that is done, hopefully the community would give feedback.
After that, you can register for an account on addons.wz2100.net, and upload them there, with links back to your map's thread.

Easy. :)

Oh, it is way too late to get anything into 3.1.3, we usually wait months, if not longer to get good, solid feedback before they are added.
Thanks for the reply, I'll post the maps in my map thread for review. They're improved versions of the maps already in the thread. I know what you mean about waiting for quality assurance testing, I've revised these maps so many times but I think they're finally close to being ready now.
NoQ wrote:Inclusion of map-mods into base game has technical problems; nobody minds, just impossible. A mod is something that modifies the stats. A map-mod is a map that modifies the stats while loaded. However, a built-in map is always loaded as part of mp.wz. It means that a mod inside a built-in map would affect all other maps. It becomes very clear to you if you understand how physfs work: just unpack your map on top of base.wz and mp.wz and see what happens. A regular map would only add files, a map-mod would overwrite files.

This problem would be eliminated by the new map format, at least for the tilesets, other stuff still cannot be modded in a stock map. If we are to include a map with a custom tileset now, we need to carefully merge the custom textures and decals into one of the existing three tilesets and re-make the map to use the new merged tileset, and it is no longer a map-mod after this is done.

Another approach is to create a special map folder for default maps inside the game installation and store default maps as .wz files in this folder.
Gotcha, I see what you mean about the difference in how stock maps are loaded. I never noticed stock maps are located under mp.wz and their root directory is /multiplay/maps . You're right, there's basically 2 options, integrate the tile sets with the original 3 or load stock maps as .wz files. The 2nd option seems more robust for future expansion but requires recoding. Thanks for explaining this, I know which direction to go in now.