maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: maps by hao

Post by Merowingg »

Man.. it was supposed to be urban ;) and five players..;) and I still can see Yeti.. :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Maybe next time Mero (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

How dare you !! :) or even how dare you to dare !! :)

I hope you know it is all a joke originating from the request a little above :)

By the way.. I have this strange feeling of feeling strange.. I think a really mountainous and hilly map I will release soon :)

:!!!:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I just wanted to experiment with custom textures for the new terrain renderer. Since including them in maps doesn't seem to be supported, i packed this new creation of mine as a mod. And since it's packed as a mod anyway, i decided to change a few more things within it, like bundling it with DyDo-AI, etc. Yeah, i know that's an ugly way to pack a map, but i couldn't invent anything better. :roll:

Warzone 2100 ICE!
  • Our investigation has revealed an outrageous case of curruption: The forces of New Paradigm, Collective and NEXUS are stealing ice from a pre-collapse skating rink! Unfortunately, they didn't really want us to know this, and are planning to destroy our base and then put the blame on us! This is not an option for us! We will fight till the end and show everyone how evil the Project may be!! :twisted:
A single-player map with custom textures. You are supposed to play the challenge inside it.

How to use it:
  • Install it as a global mod (NOT as a map! It breaks the game if you install it as a map!).
    Start the game with this mod enabled (eg., "warzone2100 --mod=ice.mod.wz")
    Single Player -> Challenges -> Ice.

Do NOT try playing other maps with this mod; it's wasn't supposed to do this.
    This map/mod was tested to work on 3.0beta4 and cannot work on 2.3.6.
    The AIs don't work on master builds (i don't know why), but the rest seems to work there.
A bit more info:

I've been using some artwork from other authors; Their names are mentioned on the logout screen, and i'm greatful to them!

The map file is rather big, because it includes high-quality textures. I didn't really try to optimize it, but there are a few ways to make it smaller i didn't use.

The skating rink border is done with decals. See also cliff decals.

You might have noticed that some textures (like concrete or this blue snow) are used for both passable and unpassable terrain. It was easy with snow, because there are many different snow cliff tiles available, but was a bit tricky with concrete, where i had to use the "LZ" tile with its decal modded out.

The three enemies have different personalities: "New paradigm" is DyDo-2.2.3 General1 MG/Cannons AI, "Collective" is a stock AI, and "Nexus" is DyDo-2.2.3 Cyborg AI. They make quite a team! (:

The challenge is hard. You'll spend enough time trying various strategies, none of which actually work, because the enemy mixes different strategies as well this time.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ice.png
Ice.png (20.24 KiB) Viewed 12931 times
Download here: [10.3MB]
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Sorry, it turned out to be beyond the forum attachment limit (:

Also, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (:
Last edited by NoQ on 01 Feb 2011, 08:09, edited 2 times in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: maps by NoQ

Post by NoQ »

Bugfix for the Ice map/mod from the previous message:
* added two more trucks to the player's start location (should make the start easier);
* fixed one broken cliff tile (on the left);
* adjusted the heightmap a little (to make the mountains a bit clearer);
* change challenge difficulty from "medium" to "hard" (means nothing actually).
Seems to be good enough now (:

Download links still in the first message
Last edited by NoQ on 01 Feb 2011, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Also, in case anybody is interested, here are the textures from this "ice" thing packed as a mod:
ice-tex.mod.wz
(912.42 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
That's how it looks:

The mod contains 3 textures: cliffs, snowy cliffs and concrete. The mod is "global". If you want, you can even unpack the mod into your program directory manually, and have these textures always applied to all the games you play; it even doesn't break the multiplayer compatibility (i checked it).

The textures in this mod are of lower quality, but i don't notice much difference. None of these textures were made by me, but i like them more than the current ones (though they seem to contradict the original game atmosphere)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

2c-Town

A little (64x64) funny duel map with many narrow streets and complicated topology. Just for fun.
Attachments
Town.png
Town.png (2.77 KiB) Viewed 12798 times
2c-Town.wz
v1.0
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 594 times
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

NoQ I like the look of the Ice map, but I am unable to download it :/ Also Town looks good. :)
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yay i'm back! Too bad about the link.
Reuploaded it to the two different mirrors, see the first message.
Last edited by NoQ on 01 Feb 2011, 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

NoQ !! :)

Hello man :)

Where the hell were you.. :) We were all worried about you.. I am glad you are back :)

I hope we will talk on IRC within hours :) I hope you are alright :)

Bye :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

SUDDENLY found myself making a little tribute to the famous squared map (or rather its genre). I call it antisquared, because the ultimate purpose of this map is to replace the squared map in its genre. Let's see if it fits this purpose.

8c-AntiSquared24

Key features:
  • * The start locations are fair (no more orthogonal vs. diagonal problem)
    * Intuitive start location numbers (01 23 45 67 vs. 06 35 27 14 etc.)
    * Unpassable highground (no more escapes)
    * Complete advanced bases (incl. repair facilities!)
    * Hopelessly boring terrain (as it is supposed to be in this genre)
    * 24 oils per player (still allows some oil hunt, much like original squared)
    * Map's name starts with "A" (which keeps the map on top of the list)
8c-AntiSquared40

A 40-oil version of the previous map.

8c-AntiSquared40.wz
(29.6 KiB) Downloaded 749 times
8c-AntiSquared24.wz
(27.25 KiB) Downloaded 646 times
Last edited by NoQ on 03 Feb 2011, 14:13, edited 4 times in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

SUDDENLY found myself making a little tribute to the famous squared map (or rather its genre).
Thats the spirit !!!!!!! :) You know my obsession about Squared :) I did plenty modificiations of Squared, my Squared of course :) and plenty of Squared alike maps :) That is why I like your map from sight :)

Excellent ! idea my friend :) I wish it came to my mind earlier ;) :) but be sure I will take inspiration from your creation :)
Hopelessly boring terrain (as it is supposed to be in this genre)
I feel offended here.. ;) Have you seen some of my modifications and Squared alike maps ?? :) there is nothing like boredom there :)

Impassable highgrounds make me sad a little, but the colour is really nice as a result :) Little pond on the middle seems to finish up entire map in a nice way :)

I have mixed feelings about the name.. but still really catchy :)

As a person to some extent obsessed with Squared I like it :) so simple and innovative the map is at the same time :)

I hope you dont think about this map as a joke of creativity.. as it is not believe me !..

Good job man :)

Bye :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I hope you dont think about this map as a joke of creativity..
Rather as of my last chance to be remembered ^.^
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Yes it is a good chance to be remembered :) but why the last one ? ;)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Merowingg wrote:but why the last one ? ;)
Emmm ... i'm not sure as well.
Just sounded good ^_^