maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: maps by NoQ

Post by aubergine »

@Sensor -- Some documentation on making challenge games: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... enge+Games
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
sensor
Trained
Trained

Post by sensor »

Thanks !
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@NoQ - watched your vid. Wrote down the exact order of research you did. Ran the game slow and performed exact same actions you did, constantly going back to video to check I was doing it right. Still get pwned *every* *single* *time* despite doing the same sequence as you used.

Tried many different combinations of troops as well -- flamers, mg, cannons, rockets, borgs, tanks -- on different attempts. Unable to win.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Finally managed it, 1:14:18. Good grief.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Never tried flamers on this challenge, not sure how they work; it may work as long as project bodies have relatively little resistance to flame. But cannons are clearly worse than rockets, for you have to deal mostly with tracks on offense. Probably incendiary mortars could work too ...

I wonder what happens if i update nullbot in this challenge to a more recent version (: cause i don't like the way it is scared to attack.

Despite my insisting that micromanagement didn't matter much, you may notice that i did quite a lot of it. This includes providing a path and a cover for units retreating to repair.
Colonel Longhena
Greenhorn

Post by Colonel Longhena »

Huh, good job on finishing it that fast, i will never be able to do it that fast ever. :)
NoQ wrote:I wonder what happens if i update nullbot in this challenge to a more recent version (: cause i don't like the way it is scared to attack.
That's going to be ridiculous. :lol2:
Edit: comparing results though, i have done it with 2.5 times less unit losses, haha.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

If the newer nullbot was put in this challenge, I'd rate it as INSANE - in other words, practically nobody could beat it.

The enemy has a massive oil advantage -- almost 20 derricks compared to your 4 derricks. Then add in the fact that they have twice as many factories, twice as many labs, etc. Newer Nullbot would crush the player within 5 minutes, regardless of what the player tried to do.

Currently there are only two ways of beating the challenge (based on 40+ attempts): NoQ's way and Colonel Longhena's way, the latter requiring fluke that NullBot randomly chooses not to wipe you out when it has the chance early in the game. I've not yet managed to beat it using NoQ's approach, despite following near-identical actions over 12 attempts.

As for units retreating for repair, I didn't have any real problems with that - they got back safely. The main problem is destroying enemy units before your units retreat due to heavy damage. I can see how NoQ's approach using Commanders boosts the effectiveness of units, but I'm unable to make that approach work for me.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

2c-Breach

Not sure what sort of description this needs. "Breach in the beach"? (:
Just another pathetic attempt to find a perfect 1x1 map.
Attachments
Breach.png
Breach.png (9.08 KiB) Viewed 9521 times
2c-Breach-1-01.wz
(19.15 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
Last edited by NoQ on 10 Feb 2013, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

NoQ wrote:2c-Breach

Thanks NoQ, I am certain it will be a lot of fun to play, as all maps are. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

as all maps
I knew i shouldn't have even tried :lol2:
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

NoQ wrote:2c-Breach

looks interesting, go test it :)
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

NoQ wrote:
as all maps
I knew i shouldn't have even tried :lol2:
Anyone ever get the feeling that no matter what nice thing you try to say, people may take it in a negative way anyway? :( O_o :cry: :oops:
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Anyone ever get the feeling that no matter what nice thing you try to say, people may take it in a negative way anyway? :( O_o :cry: :oops:
Yes, you are closer and closer. Few more months and you will realise that IT IS YOU, who make particular sentences, usually very similar, in a way that people are not sure what do you mean by them.

Also if you state lets imagine "amazingly amazin work, it is a miracle that you make something for us, thank you, the best thing about it is thank you, one may consider you are making fun of them, or you cannot evaluate place wher you thankfully thank you for over a year now I suppose, so you may know even a little about it.

Look around, some do not even respond to your phrases, as how long one can answer to one and the same phrase which in time lose its meaning or gain any other you are seriously not sure of.

I do not know why your mission is to thank, yes it is good, but do believe me, if you will say something, anything, people will not throw you away from here. Just look around through thousands of posts here. Express yourself.

Loik again, and again what you have just realised man, look at other posts, NoQ is making a joke here indeed, but maybe he is intending to show you, that if he would post a picture of chewing gam attached to a stick, you would probably say, thank you, I like the stick. Without even asking what it is about with this picture, and why do you like the stick?

Just dont be afraid. and sorry, but I dare to say, we would take more from criticism, or playing the maps, as you as a good person clearly state hundreds of times, looks cool but I will not play it soon. Just tell us what you feel, play a map, as long as you love love it and hate it, or spot an error, but do not post.

"I have played, thank you"

I know you take my posts as attacks on you. I do not want to attack you, I want you to evolve man. Rethink all few times, wait untill tomorrow, and rethink again.

Regards,

Mero
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

sg1efc wrote:people may take it in a negative way
That's my hobby. You'll get used to it (:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Whoops: hotfix for the latest map :oops:
Some obvious bugs, mostly in scavengers. Took my chance to improve crater looks a bit.