maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: maps by hao

Post by NoQ »

Zarel wrote:Whoa, very nice map. If you haven't already, please submit to Addons.
May i polish it a little before that?
"Never trust any result obtained after 11pm" (c)
And there are still three unapproved maps for me, so i ought to give some time to The Reviewers :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

maps by hao

Post by Merowingg »

Hi Hao :)

Another good creation of yours :) I see this time not symetrical but looks great :)

I see you are full of ideas too :) just excellent :)

And i see you have made important people happy too :) :) :)

Good job :) And very good you went to check your map entirely before going further :)

Go on creating man :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've just reworked the 4c-Tranquil, based on suggestions by cassador. :)
"TruckBall" also got updated, since it had a broken oil again :( so i've also merged the landscape changes into it too.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yet another update ...
I think i'm approaching some balance now. These asymmetrical maps are hella hard to make! :D

upd: well, i think it's time to leave it as is, since no one's commenting anything anyway (:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've tried to discuss the following map a little before "releasing" it to the Showcase subforum, but the discussion didn't appear to be very loud (is there anything i'm doing wrongly about it?), so here i am "releasing" it "as is". Anyway, i'm still accepting comments and suggestions. :roll:

4c-Project

A totally asymmetrical, but somewhat-pretending-to-be-balanced low-power 4-player map. Just 2 oils per base, and despite some scavenger activity, it's usually possible to capture around 4 or 5 more oils instantly. There are several places to put up a good defense. This map is intended to be played with scavengers, since i'm not sure i could balance both modes at once.

Attachments
4c-Project.wz
(64.8 KiB) Downloaded 813 times
Last edited by NoQ on 13 Sep 2010, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

maps by hao

Post by Merowingg »

When did you manage to create this map :) do you sometimes sleep ?? :) great :) it looks really interesting :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

YAMM (yet another map by me) :roll:

4c-Snowbridge4

A 2vs2 96x96 central-symmetric "role-playing" map. Low oil, as usual. The players 1 and 2 have well-defended "proxy" factories and repair centers. Why 4? Because i still want to make 6-player and 8-player versions.
4c-Snowbridge4
4c-Snowbridge4
new.png (40.07 KiB) Viewed 12947 times
Attachments
4c-Snowbridge4b.wz
(22.48 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
Last edited by NoQ on 26 Oct 2010, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

maps by hao

Post by Merowingg »

Ok :) now I know you do not sleep.. but you are making maps.. man.. man.. this is terrific :):):):):):) I am happy and proud :) This is the behaviour I really support :)

The map look great :) So symetrical :) I cant wait to try it with you :)

Have you considered making a bigger map ?? maybe 200 x 200 ?? with your paying attention to details and focusing on balancing the power fairly it would be really big piece of interestin work, I am sure about that ! :)

You produce good art so easily :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Oops, the thread sunked so deeply when i was away! (which means people are making many maps and mods (sorry for so many m's), which is good).

2c-Snowbridge2

Just a two-player version of Snowbridge. I just had a feeling we lack square 2-player maps.
15 oils per player, 4 on each base. Scavengers prevent rushing (unlike Snowbridge4).
scr.png
scr.png (15.15 KiB) Viewed 12890 times
Attachments
2c-Snowbridge2b.wz
(22.47 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
Last edited by NoQ on 08 Nov 2010, 10:04, edited 7 times in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

8c-Snowbridge8

An 4x4 version of the same map. It's tight here! (:

Barbarian huts prevent truck rush. 4 oils per base, and each side also has 4 extra oil packs, 3 oils in each, which means 7 oils per player. There is also a bunch of 16 oil drums waiting for anybody to take it on the middle bridge.
scr.png
scr.png (15.58 KiB) Viewed 12876 times
Attachments
8c-Snowbridge8b.wz
(22.22 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
Last edited by NoQ on 26 Oct 2010, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

maps by hao

Post by Merowingg »

Hi :)

Finally the activity :) The mapmaking activity :)

Good to see you :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

4c-Artifact

"Our intelligence describes this place as a pre-collapse UFO landing zone. Even though no UFOs appeared here since 2071, several research facilities were put up here to study the anomalies observed nearby. After the collapse, the place has been overrun by scavengers who gained control over pre-collapse research facilities (and even powered up some of the pre-collapse defenses), but never made it to the central highground. Commander, ensuring our control of this site is of outmost importance to the Project; however, several other factions have been spotted sending their people to study that landing zone, and it's vital for the humanity not to let them steal these technologies and use them for war." (enough already)

160x160 low-power map for 4 players, suitable for a fair FFA. Features some hover-only and VTOL-only oil derricks.
Artifact.png
Artifact.png (19.39 KiB) Viewed 12830 times
Attachments
4c-Artifact-1-01.wz
(51.79 KiB) Downloaded 653 times
Last edited by NoQ on 26 Oct 2010, 09:16, edited 2 times in total.
Square
Trained
Trained

Post by Square »

yeah! Nice story :)
Im gonna try it out tonight :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

maps by hao

Post by Merowingg »

Very nice map :) I like it very much :) I have fallen in low with its symetry ;)

I like the description to it very much too !!! very oroginal :) I smiled when I was reading it :)

The map is very pleasant to play :) I recommend it :)

And beware of UFO ;) it might be back anytime :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

That's a pity it's not April 1 today, but may i introduce

8c-MiniNTW

It's a common "NTW" kind of map, but it's just ... err ... mmm ... just how to tell that ... well ... :oops: :oops: :oops: ... 64x64 :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
8 oils per player (should be enough). The initial base includes a command center, 4 trucks and 2 power generators.

Leaving MiniSquared to Mero :) :) :)
Attachments
MiniNTW.png
MiniNTW.png (1.02 KiB) Viewed 12712 times
8c-MiniNTW.wz
v1.01
(5.37 KiB) Downloaded 647 times
Last edited by NoQ on 07 Sep 2010, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.