maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: maps by hao

Post by Merowingg »

Ah I am ashemed, I dont know why but I applied the name starfish to the sky, the stars :P and imagined a fish like herring in there :P and I thought what the hell :P Well I of course know this type of fish, strange I dint react correctly although I learned the name in the past and knew what it is and how it looks like.. I know the reason, I get up at early a.m. today and I am just about to have a coffe so late like now... :)

Speaking of names, I try to fiand a name for the map as I do it :) Sometimes the general idea of map changes during the work so the name of the map changes too :)

Well surrounded by water ?? I think you are exaggerating here :P maybe rather it has some water, you can find water on it ;)
I am just kidding :)

Really good job my friend :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Mats
Trained
Trained

Post by Mats »

hao wrote:
Well, i'm actually running out of good names (:
Here's some good maps names you can use:

Zoosporic
Wingtree
Automaker
Babbitted
Axilla
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Thanks Mats (:

P.S."Starfish" updated. I repainted the mountain heightmap, because i didn't like those flat Tranquil-like mountains. Looks like i've learned something today! (:

upd: Considering Starfish finished after all.
:lecture: Going after a 7-player map now, leaving a 6-player map as an excercise
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

• Ok, here goes nothing.
    <Kaboooooooom!>
    :shock:
7c-Disaster

A small 7-player map. Something has certainly happened here.

Since 7-player maps aren't supported in 2.3, there is also an 8-player version, with player#7=spectator (but without scavengers). This map is "classic" in the sense of texturing, unlike Monocot and Starfish. Also, i've been trying some curious techniques of mountain painting up there.

This map also seems suitable for 2x2 or 3x3 matches, due to being more-or-less axis-symmetric.
Attachments
8c-Disaster_s.wz
7 players and spectator, compatible with v2.3 and earlier
(43.01 KiB) Downloaded 650 times
7c-Disaster.wz
7 players and scavengers, needs v3.1+
(43.54 KiB) Downloaded 659 times
disaster.png
disaster.png (40.45 KiB) Viewed 12364 times
Last edited by NoQ on 06 Feb 2012, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hao :)

I cant say the map is a disaster :) but I can say it is a Disaster map :) and again it would be a lie to say the map is disastrous :) but somehow it is a Disaster map :)

Now seriously :)

I dont know how to interpret this
Ok, here goes nothing.
<Kaboooooooom!>
:shock:
:)
Something has certainly happened here
What the hell happened there ?? :hmm: :)

I like the map :) Placing oil in front of bases next to entrances is a nice new thing :) Also the hills look really nice :) I see some are totally impassable :) Nice idea, it fills me with few new ideas :) Also textures are so rich, a real eye-candy :)

Almost like Squared, or shall I say Circled ?? :hmm:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I see some are totally impassable
I believe this to be Rman Virgil's idea. I think i've seen such hills on some of his screenshots.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ah.. well I like those very much :) you have inspired me again :) you or Rman Virgil :) unconsiously ;) good I have spoted you at your work, now I will try to evolve from it ;)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

2c-Yeti

Fight for the pre-collapse yeti lair! :roll:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Attachments
v1.0
v1.0
yeti.png (28.21 KiB) Viewed 12219 times
2c-Yeti.wz
v1.0
(34.94 KiB) Downloaded 643 times
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Hao :)

Yeti or big foot ?? :)

Shall I understand that this little hut in the exact centre is Yetis ?? :) :hmm:

I see bridges, you know I like bridges :) Their layout is really good, the smaller ones at the side might be forgotten to protect, so the enemy can sneak :)

| see also walls and concrete outposts :) I think I will start using them too :)

Very pleasant map :)

Also little scavs are here like a cherry on a nice cake :)

Very good job :)

Regards - Mero
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

Can you create this map for 4 players and huge more?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Merowingg: Also, waterfalls (: But no place for barrel propulsion here XD
Boris: hmm, i'll think about it. How much larger you want it to be? It's 160x80 already. And it's rather narrow, so 1 player should be able to manage with holding both bridges. Hmm, maybe i should open waterfalls for barrels (!!)

P.S. The length of reply is inversely proportional ... nvm (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

:)

And one for me for me !! :)

Can you make it smaller ?? :) for 5 players :) remove the rivers :) make bridges longer :), but only two ok ?? :) remove yeti too becuse it scares my units :) add some scavs, and lassat !! :) make it less hilly, and maybe some islands ?? :) also the terrarian, maybe arizona rather :) thanx :))

Just a joke :) no offence :)

Hao shall I understand that those waterfalls, different water levels, you mean those which go through the bridges yes ?? Nice job :) I dint notice it earlier :) where the waterfall idea came from ?? :hmm: ah i know :P

And I dont understand the Barrel sentence :) even with a link :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Merowingg:
Nuff said (:
Merowingg wrote:ah i know :P
Yeah, dam it!! XD
Merowingg wrote:And I dont understand the Barrel sentence :) even with a link :)
Follow the link inside the link :!!!:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hao :)

Great comix :) Indeed I ment something like that :)

Follow the link within the link :) sounds so true and ambigously :) Now I understand, yes people still do this barrel thing, the last one was David Copperfield I think :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

All right, here comes the 2x2 version.

4c-YetiX2

A little more oil here, and a few topological changes.
Waterfall barrel sneaks season opens now! Yaaaaaay!

ImageImage
Attachments
YetiX2.png
YetiX2.png (27.3 KiB) Viewed 12017 times
4c-YetiX2.wz
v1.0
(36.4 KiB) Downloaded 639 times