Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Maps :)

Post by Merowingg »

I see :) Thank you for opinion :) It is so hard to make happy all..

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: Maps :)

Post by JDW »

Merowingg wrote:I see :) Thank you for opinion :) It is so hard to make happy all..

You shouldn't try and make everyone happy, use feedback only as opinions, because feedback may be good or bad. :)
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

I know j0shdrunk0nwar..

But I like when many is happy :)

And besides I have to improve my abilities and vary my maps..

“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by JDW »

Merowingg wrote:And besides I have to improve my abilities and vary my maps..
Well, since you put it that way, happy mapping, :D
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

Yes it is the way I look on it :)

And soon new map will be posted :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Canyon Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I am happy to present my new map called Canyon :)

As the name indicates it is a canyon, very deep and with many turns :)

It seems to be very easy to turtle especially in the canyon, within the cliffs, but..

The centre is the only place from where you can climb up the cliffs and then, even if enemy turtle you can attack his base from the cliffs :) it may be a big surprise, so it is better to protect both the deep canyon and its cliffs too by climbing them up and fortyfing for example,

Also oil is both in the canyon and on the top cliffs :)

I am sory but i have made another map where you have thirty oil per player, but you start with ten in base, and you are forced to go forward to the centre to get more :) also those who find it on cliffs will be rewarded :)

The canyon has a river and bridges on it, it is supposed to make it even harder to turtle :)

Here are some screens, but as always in my opinion screens never show the inside beuty of a map..

I hope you will like it :)

Have a great fun :)

http://i30.tinypic.com/2466omw.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/357m2bq.jpg
8c-Mero_Canyon.png
8c-Mero_Canyon.png (7.54 KiB) Viewed 9887 times
Attachments
8c-Mero_Canyon.wz
Great canyon :)
(42.38 KiB) Downloaded 613 times

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

New York map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I am happy to present my newest creation :)

I think it is the biggest city in Warzone map history :) but I might be wrong of course :)

As the name says it is the New York :)

I think it looks cool :) I have placed 750 buildings on it.. I didnt put more becuse i was afraid about the game performance..

I have also made the map smaller and this time it is 200 x 200

Map gives 30 oil per player, but you start with 10 oil in base, the rest is spread around the city, but sometimes tall buildings make it hard to notice it so you have to relay on minimap :) I wanted it to be less visible and i managed to do it :)

I would make 1000 buildings but i think then the game would crash for sure.. I dont know what is the structure limit for sure..

I think the map has somehow the climat :) It really looks like forgotten New York city :) post nuclear war like :)

!!!

And please type some comments.. Did you already forget about me :( your voice counts :) I want opinions :) I am learning and I need something to base on..

And I want to add that if you will like the map, i can make it for player :) or less oil :)

Have a nice tour around New York ;)

Here some screens :)

Have fun :)

http://i31.tinypic.com/4gfzb4.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/34zd6ae.jpg
8c-Mero_NewYork.png
8c-Mero_NewYork.png (6.32 KiB) Viewed 9792 times
Attachments
8c-Mero_NewYork.wz
New York New York :)
(34.14 KiB) Downloaded 643 times

Regards - Mero
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

Very nice! I really like ALL your maps :D
Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.
~Co-Founder of the clan BDC.
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

I like "big city" maps! :) However, there is one thing I dislike about all your maps in general, and that is all the high-oil.

With at least 20-oil in your base, 2 important aspects of the game are suddenly gone: resource management and resource claiming. In low-oil or medium-oil maps, you cannot survive on the in-base oil you have, you must scout for and hold additional oil derricks outside your base. Plus, you must spend your power wisely and micro-manage efficiently.

Your oil field map is a step in the right direction but the oil is too dense. It holds no strategical importance and there will always be a "dead zone" of oil, an area where enemy defenses overlap each other and thus any oil derrick that will be built will just get destroyed by defenses.

So basically I like your concepts and execution, but I would like to see more strategy-oriented and low-oil maps. Maybe one of them will make Addons! :lecture:
Warzone nicknames: WarTux[BDC], ChuckNorris-BDC, DeathStar, etc.
Part of the Black Dragon Clan; apply today, we welcome most! :3
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

There've been several city maps around, but i think this one is the first one i saw finished. Must be some fun to play! Did you draw all these roads by hand? And the most important thing: How did you know it's New York? :) :) :) :)
With at least 20-oil in your base
I'm not sure if you noticed, but this last map has only 10 oils per base (but 30 per player).
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

WarTux wrote:I like "big city" maps! :) However, there is one thing I dislike about all your maps in general, and that is all the high-oil.

With at least 20-oil in your base, 2 important aspects of the game are suddenly gone: resource management and resource claiming. In low-oil or medium-oil maps, you cannot survive on the in-base oil you have, you must scout for and hold additional oil derricks outside your base. Plus, you must spend your power wisely and micro-manage efficiently.

Your oil field map is a step in the right direction but the oil is too dense. It holds no strategical importance and there will always be a "dead zone" of oil, an area where enemy defenses overlap each other and thus any oil derrick that will be built will just get destroyed by defenses.

So basically I like your concepts and execution, but I would like to see more strategy-oriented and low-oil maps. Maybe one of them will make Addons! :lecture:
I'll second that in its entirety.

BTW, WarTux have you considered being an official Map Reviewer ? IMHO you'd be good at it, all the way around.

- RV 8)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

Rman Virgil wrote:BTW, WarTux have you considered being an official Map Reviewer ? IMHO you'd be good at it, all the way around.
Really? :D I'll give it a thought- but I need admin approval, right? ;)
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

WarTux wrote:
Rman Virgil wrote:BTW, WarTux have you considered being an official Map Reviewer ? IMHO you'd be good at it, all the way around.
Really? :D I'll give it a thought- but I need admin approval, right? ;)
EDIT: I hope you do get approved, if not right now, then maybe after more experience of creating/playing maps.
Last edited by JDW on 26 Jul 2010, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
-- Ambrose Bierce
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

WarTux wrote:Really? :D I'll give it a thought- but I need admin approval, right? ;)
Yup. :) Just talk to Zarel. Shoot him a PM or catch him on the IRC channel.

- RV 8)
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

Rman Virgil wrote:Yup. :) Just talk to Zarel. Shoot him a PM or catch him on the IRC channel.
Awwh geesh... can't you give me a recommendation or something? Zarel's a nice guy but... I'm not sure if I have the guts to face a mod with such a question! :shock: