Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

Hi Hao :)

Thank you for the information :)

Well I have made 27 maps so far.. I think I will put all of them into one file when I will make 30 of them :) It will be a nice digit :)

But I have already attached 3 attachments to my first post.. so I think I cannot add it to the first one any more..

All I can do Is to make another post in this thread when I will attach all 30 zipped maps and make a clearly visible link to it in the first post :)

Hao are you sure that attachment will manage to be loaded with 30 maps zipped file ??...

Can anyone answer ?? :)

I am waiting for opinions about all maps :) I need them badly :) so please do not hesitate and type :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

But I have already attached 3 attachments to my first post.. so I think I cannot add it to the first one any more..
You can move one of the maps from the first message to the second (but first move one from the second to the third XD) (:
are you sure that attachment will manage to be loaded with 30 maps zipped file ??...
They say in this link that the limit is 3mb, and most of the maps are 10--40kb each.
I am waiting for opinions about all maps :) I need them badly :) so please do not hesitate and type :)
I know what you mean (: BTW, the only way to make sure you get at least one opinion is to submit the map to addons. But just be prepared to find out that these opinions may be very different from the current popularity estimates etc. (: Still, many of your maps are worthy to be here, like Islands, NewYork, SeaFlower or SeaGates.

P.S. Just wait until they review that `Tranquil' map of mine :lol2: (Yeah, i know such maps are much harder to review than to make ... And it's much harder to make it get a positive review than to review them ...) (kiddin')

P.P.S. I like your water maps. Warzone lacked such maps before you showed up (:

P.P.P.S. There is a question bothering me about oils placed in the middle. If you make too much oils in the middle, controling them would be an instant win, so all games will boil down to "rush to the middle->turtle up the middle" strategy (like that "UrbanChaos" map). If you put not enough oils in the middle, nobody will fight for them, since it would not be cost-effective, so it would be as if it's not there. So how much oil should there be in the middle (0 may be a good answer too), and how easy-to-protect it should be? This is an even bigger concern on water maps, because the oil in the middle of the sea is very hard to protect.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

Finally :)

Thank you Hao for the extensive post :)

Well I suppose I will use the link thing, moving map from one to second and then to third post may cause some mess ;)

Well 3 Mb sounds enough for package of maps I think I will only wait till I have 30 of them

Speaking about addons.. I am not sure which maps shall i put there and what rights are there.. I have read the description of it but still..

And Hao I would not put Islands there.. rather Sea Flower

How many maps I can attach to addon, only one into each ?? how does it looks like ??

About reviewing.. well pople will olways have something to say i suppose, good and bad things..

I was already told by some people that my water maps are great, the others had different point of view ;) All I wanted to achieve was to give a fresh look on Warzone maps

Speaking about good placing the oil.. I feel exactly the same and I have exactly the same problem.. I think its a topic for a longer discussion

Thank you again

“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

My Website :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I have great pleasure to announce that soon I will post a link to the website with my maps :)

The website is under construction right now :)

My friend KukY is working on it :)

I am very grateful to him for that :)

Bye

Regards - Mero
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Here is a preview version of Merowingg's site made by me :D
Have a look, try posting some comments, and Mero can try adding some more maps :P
http://kuky.net76.net/mero/
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Uh oh:

Code: Select all

Warning: include(config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/a4451254/public_html/mero/index.php on line 1

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a4451254/public_html/mero/index.php on line 1

Fatal error: Call to undefined function checklogin() in /home/a4451254/public_html/mero/footer.php on line 6
and there are lots more around the site.

Ah well. Ill just wait til its completely done ;)
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Probably some chmod problems. I'll fix them now.
Edit: Fixed ;)
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Cool, and, I CALL FIRST MEMBER!!!!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Pyramid Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello gentlemen :)

I have managed to create a new map although I couldnt use my PC becuse it is broken.. and it will take a while till I have it back.. about two weeks..

But it was to hard for me to do not create so i have found a way and I am creating and typing from very old PC..

Old like world but it can run flaMe and Gimp and Warzone on it :)

The map is called Pyramid, it is 200 x 200 map, 8 players, 6 oil in base, 58 on the map, so 13 oil per player in total.

I have been using flaMe 1 8 to create it, i jumped to it from 1 2 and i am delighted. A lot of great advances is on it.

Now I will try to use its full potential ! :)

Have a great fun on the Pyramid :)

wz2100-20100921_170855-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Pyramid.wz
Big Pyramid :)
(47.97 KiB) Downloaded 496 times

Regards - Mero
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Good work as always mero :wink:

Do you know how your site is coming along?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Wibble199 wrote:Do you know how your site is coming along?
Well, I am the one who is making the site, so I am the one to ask ;)
The site has not been improved much since I uploaded a working copy to the web server.
I could finish all the code in several days, but Merowingg obviously doesn't have time to add the maps to the site, and that is the most important thing.
Also, I need people to test the comments feature.
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

There's a comment feature? I'll test it but I havent seen it anywhere...
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Wibble199 wrote:There's a comment feature? I'll test it but I havent seen it anywhere...
It can be found on every map page.
Here is an example: http://kuky.net76.net/mero/viewmap.php? ... r#comments
There a comment of mine can be found, which I forgot to delete while transfering the DB.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello gentlemen :)

Yes that is KukY who does all my website :)

The sad truth is that I dont have time to pay much attention to it right now..

I begun to work at two places and have some life things to deal with..

I used to spent 80% of my time with warzone.. now I spend about 20% :(

Especially now when my PC is broken :(

I am trying to create on an old PC..

I have managed to create the last map on it so it is not so bad..

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Water City Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I finally have my PC back :)

So I begun to continue working on maps for Warzone :)

Here is my newest creation :)

The map is called Water City :)

It is 200 x 200 urban map :) 8 players :) 6 oil in base and another 6 per player around the map :) Advanced bases included :)

It is not symetrical, the terrarian is supposed to look natural :)

The map represents flooded urban city i hope you will like the idea :)

I have also finally mixed some tiles so the terrarian is not so pale.. the map is also full of buildings :)

I was told during the trial of it that this map is different than my other maps which is better :)

I have to think this through :)

I am waiting as always for posts and opinions :)

It is great to be back :)

wz2100-20101012_213825-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_WaterCity.wz
Flooded City :)
(43.33 KiB) Downloaded 550 times

Regards - Mero