Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen,

The map is called Bullet because all the eight players are inside the bullet fired from a gun. I also believe that games on this map will be fast as bullets, but who knows.

The bases are 10x14 tiles, so almost claustrophobic so beware of what and where do you build. Basic structures with two mahinegun towers at the gate. The bullet is really small in general. There is four oils at each base.

I hope you will enjoy it.

Regards,

Mero
Attachments
wz2100-20140502_214020-main.jpg
8c-Mero_Bullet.wz
(18.12 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Great ideas going on so far. Love the creativity shown over here. :)
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Merowingg wrote:Hello Gentlemen,

The map is called Bullet because all the eight players are inside the bullet fired from a gun. I also believe that games on this map will be fast as bullets, but who knows.

The bases are 10x14 tiles, so almost claustrophobic so beware of what and where do you build. Basic structures with two mahinegun towers at the gate. The bullet is really small in general. There is four oils at each base.

I hope you will enjoy it.

Regards,

Mero
This map is Bullit. Not Bullet......With Steve-McQueen as my commander. It is a good map, Merowingg.Like it :-D
Very nice Idea.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I have to admit I enjoyed my warming up. Old memories, mapping, listening to music, contemplating on unlimited things, all at once.

The map is called Side Effects, because there are side effects to multiple things on the map. I mean things like placing two players at the side of the map, making them more vulnerable to attacks but giving a little bit more of oil resources. There are also some cruel passages and terrain unequalities. And I assume few more side effects, or shall I say I hope.

The hardest thing was to make things unequal, symmetry was fighting with me till the very end. Yes, it is not a symmeric map for me, as I believe, but the experiment itself very pleasing.

The map is for six players, so this is new to my works, four players have twelve oils "in base" and two remining have fifteen oils "in base", the quotation marks indicate that it is hard to define "in base" here. The rest of oil is here there and everywhere on the map.

The map have very advanced bases with weaponry of all kind.

The map is mainly for 3v3 or 2v2v2, be reminded that players 1,2 and 4,5 are very close to each other at one side, so their defences if played with advanced bases will start shoting at each other. Nothing spectacular, but destracting. Yes it was noticed, and leaving it be was intended, lets call it an exemplary side effect of close relations. Also the players 1, 2 and 4, 5 have 6 have 6 research facilities instead of 5, so there will be side effects.

Let the mapping begin!

Have fun Gentlemen,

Mero
Nice map. But only playable as 3v3. But i found a way to play as 2v2v2-It must be player 0 and 5 against 3 and 4 vs 1 and 2. Particular characteritics, like the water and about 10 attempts against strong Nullbot told me, that is the most fair way.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I believe I dont have to say why it is called Crocodile.

The bases here have 14x14 tiles areas, so very small. 4 oils per player. Basic structures in minimal amount with two machineguard towers at the gate. I have left some place if 10 player version was needed.

Have fun,

Regards,

Mero
I like this kind of maps, showing us some pictures. Thats near a kind of art. I am just waiting to the next map of the next Miss World. Oh my god-what an idea- i have to work for my next map. This map will be a heightmap we have never seen before :lol2:
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hesterax wrote:Great ideas going on so far. Love the creativity shown over here. :)
Yes Hesterax. try Meros Cyclops (addon section) a great 2 player map. Its a Mero map. I like the map. Ok-It is easy to win against Nullbot. but against a human player? Great idea and nice design. Against Nullbot i needed 3 attempts.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen,

Hesterax thank you, well it is rather creativity beyond the actual map, but still something new.

montetank thank you, well it is you, who should feel good with what you create for us and it is really nice to see your maps appearing.

Thank you for the opinion or Side Effects, well I only give possibilies of usage, just in case, the players are to decide how to use it best.

And thanx on the opinion on the Cyclops.

Regards,

Mero
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen!

I was kindly informed, that maybe it should be at least once, to inform that I am alive, instead of people asking around here or on PM in the last yers in general. As a result, here I am!

And I promise to if not visit, then at least drop by!

Maybe bringing something with me.

I wish all the best to all the players, the mapmakers, the programers and helpers and the staff. And all the people who run this place, about twhose existence we forget or we are not often aware of.

Regards,

Mero

P.S.

By staff, I mean staff, not the staff only, but the staff, but the man called staff I mean too! hihi!

Regards - Mero
Kourtious
Greenhorn

Post by Kourtious »

I like your maps, maybe you should make a special campaign for the game, would be cool to have more campaigns soaking up my time.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Kourtious wrote:I like your maps, maybe you should make a special campaign for the game, would be cool to have more campaigns soaking up my time.
Oh please don't ! He's a good mapmaker leave him doing map like he want.

With the fixes and changes that need to be overcome in the near future, there is no garanty a campaign built now will still be balance in 2 months. Not even if it will still load properly.

Much better to keep Merowingg doing what he do with such skill and pleasure.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen,

Thank you Kourtious, at the same time I really do doubt my style, even if I was trying to do anything in accordance to how the campain map should look like, and if I focus on the "natural" look, and al lthe other things that follow, would be even partly appropriate. But still, thank you.

Iluvalar hello man, are you trying to me extremelly sarcastic, becuase I laughed for a moment. I believe you are trying either to express the quality of my maps, or the fact of my unwillingness to cooperate with anyone on anything. And then finally some point of my self expressing nature here, beyond all the laws the game was created with. Or maybe all three things at the same time haha.

I also consider that you might have been in possesion of a very good wine or beer. Yet I do not understand the post's nature in its form. I would be glad for explanation as I think it is a joke, then I do not know why heh.

Regards,

Mero

Regards - Mero
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

You are putting to much toughts into it. I said :

A) You are doing great maps.
B) Upcoming changes will make it difficult to maintain a mod (such as a campaign)

So better do what you do best and you love doing so : maps :) .
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Kourtious
Greenhorn

Post by Kourtious »

Merowingg I do like your maps and I want more honestly. However, the campaign of Wz bores me to death. I was wondering though, with your experience in map making(and activeness) you could team up with the community developers of Warzone to let you publish an official campaign for the game.

Here is my idea.

Map 1: Republic of Maryland-Georgia Combine.
The nation of Georgia have rebelled against us. They declare we are corrupted, cruel, and none are true. Their minds are filled with propaganda! Suppress the rebels!

Intelligence:
Our forces have set up base south of Georgian Central Command. There is no signs of proper fortifications; however, enemy forces have amassed a large force of primitive tanks to guard their HQ. Fortunately, scavengers to the east in a skirmish with Georgian forces. It should leave their defenses temporarily weak. In addition, we have inactive tanks hidden behind layers of Hardcrete walls. Demolish the walls and our HQ should reactive the tanks.

Current Status: A small battalion of tanks is in combat against Georgian armor. Currently in retreat.
A scavenger army is in battle against the bulk of Georgian armor. Also currently losing.
Georgian troops will mobilize in 15 minutes.
Oil is detected in between our base and enemy HQ.

Primary Mission: Destroy Georgian HQ located by a beacon.
Secondary Mission: Capture advance scavenger technology. Dangerous mission.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

The closest we've come to a new WZ Campaign in 15 years is Goth's years of ongoing work on CAM 4 here:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10665

A tremendous amount of varied skill set work goes into creating a new campaign. On top of that, a great amount of proficient, and on going, play testing is required to develope a high caliber campaign and that is effort that can be supported by anyone interested in such a work that passes through these bbs. Frankly, that play testing support has been underwhelming in the number of volunteers, to say the least.

Now with all due respect to Mero's MP map making, he has never once expressed any interest in making a campaign and I know he does not have any of the other aggregate skill sets needed to do it, or expressed any desire to aquire them. In fact I recall one of our many conversations over the years where modding WZ came up and he expressed no desire to do such work. Mero's burning desire has always been to create innovative MP maps with his own signature flare.

Besides all the additional skills sets and talents required beyond map making proficiency (and good MP maps are not at all synonymous with good campaign maps, btw), creating a new campaign (or any major mod) has required, for many years now, working against a core WZ that is ever changing, a moving target, such that maintaining compatibilty, continuously fixing your creation as it is broken by development changes, becomes a job in itself - a drudge process much less satisfying than making your original creation.

This last statement is not a new condition and should be front and center transparent, specifically organized, and common knowledge in these bbs. Something along the lines of a developer blog would serve better this end than just an IRC backroom for a limited exposure coterie, IMO. (Something raised many times over the years, most recently in the "DPS" thread using an uncanny analogy to the Higg's Boson work over 3 decades.)

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen,

Ok Iluvalar, thank you for the explanation. The truth is I put too much though into everything. I am also aware al lthe time of the unhappy part heh.

Kourtious you are very kind, once again thank you. Your description is very interesting.

But..

And here comes Rman heh, Rman describbed everything I may freely say, perfectly. What is more I am really aware of the fact that I do not have evan small percentage of skills to evan take into account creating a campaign. And the rest of the statement about my passions here is also correct. Rman, you scare me haha.

Kourtious I may tell you a secret, but do not tell anyone, I also play rather average towards bad, it is very common that people assume I play very good because I make maps. And here comes my beloved sentence "Mero you are better at making maps than playing them" said a long time ago to me by one of the players.

To sum up, I also reccomend to you and all the others the Warzone IRC channel where you can find a lot of interesting people, and learn from a lot.

Regards,

Mero

Regards - Mero