Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by noname1208 »

Map looks really nice :) but I still haven't been able to play it, I might be able to tonight tho :3
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
Sick0
Trained
Trained

Post by Sick0 »

lol ... this thread is crazy long, makes it hard for a new comer to be able to know what's up with your work... I'm just saying!
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Haha yea, it took me 2 days of on off reading to finish :lol2:
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I am sorry for delay in answering but I finally was on short vacation with my wife :) It is amazing how new places inspire me I already have few new ideas :)

noname1208 :)
Map looks really nice :) but I still haven't been able to play it, I might be able to tonight tho :3
And what is the judgment ?? :) Not only what but why too :)

Sick0 :)
lol ... this thread is crazy long, makes it hard for a new comer to be able to know what's up with your work...
Thank you very much for turning my attention onto that.. yes indeed the thread begins to be very long.. and honestly I have no idea how to improve him.. and believe me it was a really confusing long time ago before i "organised" it.

The thread is made in such way that to see my newest map of any kind you have to click the threads tiltle and look at the first post which contains plenty of links. The maps are organised into sections of two player, four player, eight player, NTW and Squared variations and also packs of maps the one from 1 to 50 and 51 to 75 and pack of Squared and Squared Variations Maps.

It is all in the first thread and all titled, if you are looking to see my newest for example four players map, it is always the map at the bottom of four player maps section, you simply click the link and you are moved to this particular map you have chosen. If you are not certain which map is the newest of all just go to the end of the thread and look for it :)

Honestly I dont know how it could be better organised and if could be better organised of you or anyone have any suggestion I am open for suggestions :) Although I know pople who use it thread for months navigate without any problems :)

I have just an Idea, maybe I should give an explanation how it works in the first thread ?? There is still rotation of people never appearing again and newcomers :hmm:
I'm just saying!
Its alright I am happy you have pointed that, without any statements or suggestions I would do nothing..

Haha yea, it took me 2 days of on off reading to finish :lol2:
Hehe honestly I very often come back to some points to read and renew my memories about how the whole thread and I evolved :) It is over a year now :) and I do really hope I will manage to sestymatically continue on my beloved hobby :)

Thank you for all guys :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

you do know that we can always lock this thread and carry it over to a new one...right??? threads dont have to be this long... just ask, i am sure one of us will be around to do as you ask... in this case merowingg's maps could be merowingg's maps 2 . just saying... this way if your wanting to keep it all short - say after maybe 15 pages ( give or take..) this could be arranged. ok??? :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

lav_coyote25 :)

I do not want I repeat I do not want this thread to be divided into any other thread or shut !

The whole story began here and I want it all here :)

In my opinion all is well organised in the first post and it is all clear enough.

If somone is interested in the maps only he will find them in the first post without any trouble, if someone is interested in the story and opinions he can go through the thread or through the posts that follow a particular map.

I always didnt like many posts by the same person which were placed here there and everywhere..

If I ever change my opinion I will let any of you know :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

whatever... your choice... thought it may help... obviously i was in error. the option is open to you. you will have to ask others to do this now. i wont. :) no hate, no anger. just the way it is. thanks. :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

lav_coyote25 :)

Ok, thank you very much for the suggestion and the proposal, if I happen to change my mind I will inform you guys :)

I was already thinking at night about how to improve navigation on this thread and I have already started improving it :)

Regards - Mero
Sick0
Trained
Trained

Post by Sick0 »

Merowingg, thanks for your attention and reply. I didn't mean to cause any strees or burden. Thanks for pointing out how the thread is setup and how you have the maps listed, that helps us a lot. As you stated it's the following of the story that is a long read but that is how it is.

Thanks, Sick0
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Sick0 :)

No no man :) Than you ! :) You have pointed out the important thing or even very important thing ! I have already prepared special legend that will help to navigate through the maps ! It will take me some time to apply it but soon you can look at the first post here and you will know what I mean and you will know that it was you who helped me to understand it is needed and made me do it :)

It took me some time (as although I have last hours of my vacation I have manny small matters to do) to think through what is needed but I already know :)

I will start to apply the changes step by step from above in the first post :)

Thanx man ! many newcomers like you owe you a lot here :)

I am sorry that I didnt think about it before, I simply assumed that it is obvious which was qute rude actually.. and as the thread grows bigger and bigger it really needs a sort of guide :)

Anyway Sick0 tell me please what do you think when you will see the forthcoming changes :)

Cya :)

Regards - Mero
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Post by topo1948 »

Every day , I'm looking for your Maps. Todos son buenos.
Today was especial.Your post gets 19999 views. :shock:
I did another search to get 20000. :oops:
Congratulations.
Lots of time and work. :) :) :) :) :) :)
Attachments
done.jpg
almost.jpg
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Noooooo!! i missed it :cry: I kept checking every 1/2 hour and last time i logged on it was at 20007 :cry:

(how do i put up the picture?)

But congratz Mero :)
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Post by topo1948 »

noname1208 wrote:Noooooo!! i missed it :cry: I kept checking every 1/2 hour and last time i logged on it was at 20007 :cry:

Sorry. :(
Anyway.... we had the same intention. Congratulate Mero. 8) 8)

Once you open quick reply click Full editor.
Here you will see Upload attachment next to Options . :wink: :wink:
You put the picture wanted and add the file.
Attachments
Picture 21.jpg
Picture 22.jpg
Picture 23.jpg
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

topo1948 :)

Thank you very very very much !!! :)

I am really honoured that you wanted to catch the moment again :)

I missed this anniversary, the last time I looked at the thread it was about 19910 and I thought I will make some speech for this moment, unfortunately life verified my intentions as I was simply busy..
Every day , I'm looking for your Maps. Todos son buenos.
Today was especial.Your post gets 19999 views. :shock:
I did another search to get 20000. :oops:
Congratulations.
Lots of time and work. :) :) :) :) :) :)
Thank you for this all :)

Noooooo!! i missed it :cry: I kept checking every 1/2 hour and last time i logged on it was at 20007 :cry:

nothing bad happened !!! :) thank you very much for your intentions !!! :) it was very nice of you too :)

And thank you :)

Guys you are great I have smile on my face now like that -----> :) or even bigger :)

noname1208 honestly I have no ide how it works with quick reply as I have never used it.. but when you use post reply you press upload attachment and search on your PC what you want to upload, when it is loaded and it is a picture! to make it visible you pres place in line button next to loaded into message picture, then it goes as a line of signs into the message it is something like that kdfjkdjdkghkjdlf ;) wherever you put it the picture will be at this exact place :) I hope I helped but I am not sure becuse I complicated it as I red it now.. anzwaz if zou dont understand dont worrz, when Czbersphinx explained it to me at the verz beginning of mz story here I did not understand at least two times even when paraphrized :P to sum up

post reply, upload attachment, place in line and it will be wisible after submitting :)

For those who did not notice I have made special legend system in my first post in this thread to help navigate through the maps in this thread and now it should be unbelievebly easy ;) or at leas much much easier :)

I would love to make some summing up of the facts of this thread now but I am too tired now.. maybe I will do soon but not necessarily as I am alittle bit late already with it..

I am working on a new map too now, but it drives me crazy as I couldn work on it last time with so bad luck as whenever I started working on it I was driven away to some other important ;) things.

Anyway thank you guys for all !!

And now best wishes to all players !!

Bye !!

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

:annoyed: Sorry mero but when i said nothing would stop me from playing I didnt count on this happening.... I cant play the map

just like what happened to your Mero Pyramid map.. *flashbacks* yep...