Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

More oil Squared by me :)

Post by Merowingg »

This is V2 version of my Squared :)

The only difference is that you have 30 oil in base :)
wz2100-20100813_030551-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_SquaredV2.wz
30 oil in base version :)
(34.82 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

And Even More Oil Squared By Me :)

Post by Merowingg »

This is V3 version with 40 oil per player.. :)

Version for those who are power thirsty :)
Attachments
8c-Mero_SquaredV3.wz
40 oil per player version :)
(35.21 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by KukY »

Sorry, but I'll be honest and say: I dislike your version of Squared.

Oil variations make no sense. Squared is a hi-oil map.
Some space behind the bases has been blocked in original Squared, but it brought some dividation to the map, which added points to balance.

Squared is great as it is, and only possible improvements could be full advanced bases.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Merowingg's Squared

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you KukY for your post :)

Finally someone shot me down ;)

I know that Squared is a high oil map :) so as in original i made 24 oil version, and two more :)

Theoretically the behind space in four bases was inaccessible but wasnt it unfair ?? :) those at the corner could be badly attacked from the cliffs, but those at the edges not :)

My map is completely or rather entrely symetrical, so all players have the same opportunity to do their best :)

I think it is still balanced..

If someone was very nasty ;) he could say that there are longer ways to bases 0, 2, 5, 7, but it is only few tiles..

So the map is entirely designed in symetrical way..

I do not say that original Squared is not perfect :) but mebe this is a sentiment ?? :)

I have mentioned before my resons to make my squared, and now I am going to modify it even more :)

And I suppose you might not like this too..

And by the way it is quite different than original :)

Thank you KukY for your opinion :)

Gentlemen I am waiting for more opinions about all maps :)

Links to them in the first post :)

Bye :)

Regards - Mero
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

This version of squared feels like the original version, (24 oil) zydonk made the original map I think.
I only put more oil and bases in my version with 40? oil in it. (SquaredV5)

I need to go and play-test your two maps above this one. (WetValley, and Flower.)

I will put a review in after I play these maps.
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you NEXUS for your post :)

I hope that when you are saying that my squared is like original it means it is good :)

Yes I have all versions of your squared upgraded into oil and bases :) from V3 to V9 i suppose :)

I am really really happy that you want to play my two other new maps and you are willing to review them :)

Just great :)

Bye Mattbrit :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Side Sneak Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

My another map :) I have just made what i always wanted to do :)

I always wanted to see and wondered what if each base on Squared was accesible from the back :)

And here is the answer for my question :)

It is identical to my Squared map :) BUT !!!! :) all the edges or shall i say sides :) are surrounded by water, and all bases dont have back walls :)

As a result each base can be sneked into silently from behind :) so beware !!!! :)

I hope it will give a fresh air for squared :) and I just made my dream come true :)

I didnt move the oil inward to the map to make it harder to defend.. but there is still a place to built defences :) and one should make it wisely :)

Now tactics used on Squared should be refreshed and changed a little bit I suppose :)

Map is 200 x 200 and 30 oil in base..

I am waiting for opinions and reviews :)

Here screens but the most shows the map preview :) just look at the edges :)

http://i36.tinypic.com/jjwj1x.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/ms1847.jpg
wz2100-20100814_095934-main.png
Have great fun :)
Attachments
8c-Mero_SideSneak.wz
Squared variation :)
(36.11 KiB) Downloaded 488 times

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Hmm, i've just been thinking of another variation: to turn the inner walls into water. This keeps the "n00b-friendliness" of the map (still just one entrance to the base), but still fights turtling. But your version is very good as well, i think it would be popular (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you Hao for your post :)

I have made my squared to be free to make such variations :)

But I am not sure if I understand what do you mean.. can you explain it to me and rephraze it please ?? :)

I want to make few Squared variations :) and I can make your idea too :)

But I suppose you might want to make it on your own :))

!!!!!

Gentlemen a lot of maps waiting here there and everywhere on this forum topic :) Links to all in the first post :)

I am waiting for opinions and critics :)

Have good luck or rather skill on battlefields :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Hmm, i was talking about something like this:
wz2100-20100813_030551-main.png (78.12 KiB) Viewed 9358 times
But this picture shows a highly unfair map, because orthogonal bases have very big gates, and diagonal bases have very narrow gates, so i'm curious about any ways of balancing it up, so that all gates were wide and mostly-water.
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

im not the biggest fan of squard, but the side sneak one is just fun!!!! still like the flower islands the best. greetings, tmp
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

Your 'water' version of Squared is great, adds a new demension of play to this old map. :) Good job again.
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you Hao, Tmp500 and NEXUS for your posts :)

Hao :) Thank you very much for picture showing me exactly what you ment :) As you have noticed such Squared variation favoures bases 0, 2, 5, 7 there is smaller entrance to them and as you have said the 1, 3, 4, 6 bases have the bigest entrance by water then.. but I think I have an idea how to settle this down :) The main purpose should be that all players have equal chances so even on Side Sneak I gave the corner bases only 43 tiles of entrance, the same as the other side but not corner bases :) all to make all equal :) I will try to make your Squared soon :) with slight modification :) I also thought about map like this but :) all the cliffs were turned into water and were reduced to base level :) so.. at the moment of getting hoover.. chaos would begun :) I am still considering it :) Side sneak turned to be bulls eye :) People use various tactics :) and are greatly confused by the situation :) or they simply know how to behave :) and when there is battle in centre they sneak by the side :) which in fact is not so simple :)

Tmp500 :) I am really really happy if i hear from the player that he was not liking squared very much and I have made him to change his mind :) even if it is Side Sneak :) just precious feeling :) I am also glad that you like Sea Flower so much :) greetings man :)

NEXUS :) As I have mentioned before :) To see pople who played squared for years and now in Side Sneak situation :) priceless :) And some strategies used on this map are just amazing :) new demension :) I like that :) Thanx :)

Bye Gentlemen :)

Have Fun :) and bring to game some dignity :)

All Warzone lovers :) Gentlemen :) links to my maps here there and everywhere :) links to all in first post :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

Hello :)

I have made another Squared modification :)

I have put a lot of structures in centre and in passages :) And few on the clifs too :)

As a result it is much harder to turtle in centre and at the same time all the structures are eye candy :)

It is 30 oil in base version and except structures it is the same my Squared :)

Here screens of structures :)

http://i37.tinypic.com/dzjghz.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/351stjm.jpg
Have fun :)
Attachments
8c-Mero_SquaredV4.wz
Squared with a lot of structures in centre and in passages :)
(38.57 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I have Improved SquaredV4 map :) and made SquaredV5 Because while playing it I was correctly told that there is almost no structures on the cliffs top..

But both work perfect :) so V4 and V5 are optional :)

So I have put about 300 of structures there :) now the map seems completed :) and i suppose have about 600 to 700 structures but maybe less.. I just lost correctnes when counting and dropped it :)

Have fun :) the map looks interesting :)

I am working on a map suggested by Hao in post above :) and also I will post my first map with scavengers soon :)

http://i37.tinypic.com/dzjghz.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/351stjm.jpg
Attachments
8c-Mero_SquaredV5.wz
A lot of structures both on the ground and on the cliffs :)
(43 KiB) Downloaded 431 times

Regards - Mero