Music by macuser

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
macuser
Regular
Regular

Music by macuser

Post by macuser »

Here is my latest background music creation for warzone. I took some old music files I had made that were lying around, spliced them, edited them, put them in the background, then wrote my music on top. Enjoy 8-)

BG.mp3
Last edited by macuser on 04 Oct 2011, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
HairyLee
Trained
Trained

Re: Music by macuser

Post by HairyLee »

Impressive. :)

Sounds like the soundtrack to a war movie - it's very well finished! I'm a little busy for the next week or so, but at some point, would you be willing to let me get hold of the stems? I'd love to industrialise it :)

^ In terms of music for WZ, I think that 'industrial' feel is the only thing it's lacking. It's a beautifully made piece of music but it terms of being a soundtrack to a machine war, I think it's a little too 'clean' if you know what I mean?

I'm also guessing this was done with something other than GarageBand? If it wasn't, hats off to the Mac :P

HairyLee
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

It stirred my imagination to wonder what was this dangerous journey calling to me & then - a yearning to take it !

Beautifully orchestrated. Polished enough for a major motion picture soundtrack, me thinks. :)

- Regards, RV 8)
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Most of the scraps I had lying around were indeed done in garage band but I put it together in felt tip sound studio. About the source.... You prob won't be able to open it unless you have felt tip sound studio - You could just use the MP3 though :( .

-regards macuser
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
HairyLee
Trained
Trained

Post by HairyLee »

Does Garage band or Felt Tip not have the option to export each individual loop/track into separate audio clips? I could import those into FL & work with them.
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

I suppose I could cut it up and export each individual piece but that would take a while and i'm going to be leaving for the summer in 1 week so i'm rather busy with the AR website and models and getting ready to go :( .
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

HairyLee
Trained
Trained

Post by HairyLee »

Ahhh, no worries. Good luck with the AR stuff!
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Just playing around with some more music in Garage Band. Listened to lots of soundtracks lately and thought I'd like to make one. So I sat down locked myself in the office and got it finished. Enjoy :wink: :geek:
Attachments
Plains.mp3
(2.78 MiB) Downloaded 340 times
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

macuser wrote:Just playing around with some more music in Garage Band. Listened to lots of soundtracks lately and thought I'd like to make one. So I sat down locked myself in the office and got it finished. Enjoy :wink: :geek:
wow. awesome. :shock:
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

macuser wrote:Just playing around with some more music in Garage Band. Listened to lots of soundtracks lately and thought I'd like to make one. So I sat down locked myself in the office and got it finished. Enjoy :wink: :geek:
Nice =) I'm a soundtrack fan so I may say that this track is quiet good, I think it doesn't suit as a score for warzone, but for some game about 2nd World War or something will suits =). not perfect but good. Keep working :wink:
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Thanks guys ;)

@Terminator: What do you think would make a good warzone soundtrack? Can you link me to something similar?
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Personally, I think that Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun's soundtrack is likewise primarily techno, and does a good job fitting into the post-apocalyptic atmosphere of Warzone 2100 (probably because Tiberian Sun likewise takes place in a post-apocalyptic scenario where Tiberium already ravages much of the planet). A handful of Renegade's tracks also fit in well, like Ammo Clip or Packing Iron.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

macuser wrote:Thanks guys ;)

@Terminator: What do you think would make a good warzone soundtrack? Can you link me to something similar?
Well TJC partially right, C&C have good score tracks, but most of them fast drive techno, I think for warzone fit slow thems like wz original score. Dont remember tiberian sun ost, but Tiberim wars has few tracks that IMHO perfectly fit warzone atmosphere:

Code: Select all

defense line
research initiative
black dawn
crystalline
composed by one of the greatest musicians Steve Jablonsky (one of Hans Zimmer students), if you know these names so you know what I'm taking about :wink:

And few tracks from Original Dune2000 game, by Frank Klepacki

Code: Select all

Under Construction
attack on arrakis
The Fremen
Its not all dune ost that could be taken as an example for warzone but those two my favorite & in my warzone playlist(as mentioned Tiberium wars score too).

Ofcourse you always may offer something new :)
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Thanks... Yeah IC now - more of background machine noise with a tune than a instrument based "song" per-se.

I'll se what I can do. ;)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Oh .. my ... GOODNESS! Simply amazing!

Macuser, would you be interested in having your music included with the new Soundtrack? Or do you have other plans for it (and I wouldn't blame you at ALL if you did!)?

Fantastic work! :)