*** 8c-Hamilcar

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

*** 8c-Hamilcar

Post by Dylan Hsu »

8c-Hamilcar.wz
(48.96 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
8 players, 4v4. 100 oil on map.
The teams are in completely different positions. The mainland team must focus on defending their outlier, obtaining coastal control, and attacking the sandbars. The island team must defend the sandbars while whittling away the enemy's defense and setting up factories on the mainland. Hover is crucial to both teams. Download and enjoy!

Screenshots:

KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: *** 8c-Hamilcar

Post by KukY »

Oooh, a map! Oooh, a type of a map I like! Oooh, it is huge! Oooh, it has lots of water! Oooh, it has nice bases! Oooh, I don't know what to oooh more... Awwww, trunk has problems with water. Awwww, 2.3 looks ugly. Awwww, I don't know what to awwww more...
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

KukY wrote:Oooh, a map! Oooh, a type of a map I like! Oooh, it is huge! Oooh, it has lots of water! Oooh, it has nice bases! Oooh, I don't know what to oooh more... Awwww, trunk has problems with water. Awwww, 2.3 looks ugly. Awwww, I don't know what to awwww more...
:hmm:
Dylan Hsu wrote: 8 players, 4v4. 100 oil on map.
The teams are in completely different positions. The mainland team must focus on defending their outlier, obtaining coastal control, and attacking the sandbars. The island team must defend the sandbars while whittling away the enemy's defense and setting up factories on the mainland. Hover is crucial to both teams. Download and enjoy!
Hmm, looks different. I guess the textures could be a bit more detailed, as well as the relief, but otherwise, that's a nice idea.

~Olrox
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

@Dylan Hsu

Did you split Player 7 way out on the flank like that because you intended Player 7 to be scavengers, or you intended this map to be 3v4??
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I've played on this map. It's 4v4 - bottom side is "invasion", top side is "defense". It's not "balanced" for even teams, but it seems like it could be fun when played well.
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

this map not for ai players and you must create more texture colors and high ground.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Looks very interesting! *grabs it*
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
nighthawk
Trained
Trained

Post by nighthawk »

KenAlcock wrote:@Dylan Hsu

Did you split Player 7 way out on the flank like that because you intended Player 7 to be scavengers, or you intended this map to be 3v4??

it is so that they have a larger defensive position on that side of their area. and this looks like a great map man
"to prepare for disaster is to invite it"-unknown

"The Gravedigger"
Michal
Trained
Trained

Post by Michal »

The player 'outside the castle' is supposed to protect the coast on his side, and the 3 other players from being knocked by arty. Otherwise it'd too easy to take some land on the other side, build ripples and rush with sensors.

I played it once, against noobs who did't even take the oil on their side on the map. We took control pretty easy, I scared off the 'outside' player - he quit instead of asking for help and slowing me down :D. Rest was easy.

In the end I got accused of cheating :D:D So much fun :D

On the whole, map is a cool highpower variation and is not played like other HP maps.
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

It seems the offending players will win often as the oil is easier to control from there perspective.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.