New music

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
HairyLee
Trained
Trained

New music

Post by HairyLee »

Hey all,

Haven't seen too much music posted on here, so thought I'd have a go at it :)
It still needs a couple of small tweaks, but for the most part I'm happy with it - would love to know what you guys think!

Not sure about licensing stuff just yet, so will put it on the sticky later on when it's definitely finished.

http://soundcloud.com/hairylee/collective-unconscious

If anyone wants an .mp3 or .ogg, let me know & I'll send one over.

Thanks!
Nemo
Greenhorn

Re: New music

Post by Nemo »

Sounds excellent.

Yeah, it needs a bit more work in the mastering department. Most notably the base is a tad overpowering, or perhaps my volume is set too high at the moment.

--
Nemo
Oh no, not another learning experience!?
dannystrube

Post by dannystrube »

thats good, at least that music doesnt sound too depressing like the other 3 songs! lol, well it is a game taking place during a depressing time so the music has to be depressing too........... at least you put some happiness in it! keep it up!
HairyLee
Trained
Trained

Post by HairyLee »

Thanks for the feedback guys - really appreciate it!

Yeah, listening again today I can see what you mean about the bass, Nemo - will flatten that out a little!

& thanks Danny! That's kinda what I was going for - I wanted to try & hit a balance between desolation & the idea of rising again from ground zero. It's pretty hard to keep it desolate & optimistic at the same time!
dannystrube

Post by dannystrube »

Well, I think after you won a skirmish game or the entire campaign or MP the winners should hear some REAL happy music!!!!!!! Like from a circus or something!!! that would be cool
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

rofl. Not a bad idea, actually.

Stars and Stripes Forever is a relatively triumphant piece, and public domain, too (Kamaze played it when we got guide.wz2100.net working), but it might be a bit US-centric. Then again, Warzone is set in the US...
dannystrube

Post by dannystrube »

we should put on: the world is awesome by discovery channel, because the entire world is affected right? and its happy too!
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

This music sounds very nice, the feeling of it is very adequate to Warzone, IMO.

Since is see it as a soundtrack, the repeating parts aren't a problem - the music can't draw too much attention, after all.

I daresay it would fit as an addition to the soundtrack :ninja:

~Olrox
HairyLee
Trained
Trained

Post by HairyLee »

Cheers, Olrox! Appreciate the feedback :)

I'm hoping when a few more songs have been made (hopefully by more of us aswell!) that some new music will make it into a future release. Not sure how much of a priority it would be (if at all!), but I'm wondering if any of the devs have a need for any music in particular e.g. menu music or music for specific campaigns (maybe each campaign could have a specific playlist with a theme to match the environment/difficulty of the mission?).
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Off topic discussion split to Things irrelevant to New music
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

updated: http://www.supload.com/listen?s=62Gdxp
small mix down

P.S. awesome track :)
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

Nice Track!! Fits good to the feel of the game! ;)
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
HairyLee
Trained
Trained

Post by HairyLee »

Thanks MaNGusT & Powzone!

MaNGusT - I like the filter-in you put on that, I might try playing around with that at some point. I think it might need to filter in a little quicker, but otherwise I think it works well :)
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

HairyLee wrote:Thanks MaNGusT & Powzone!

MaNGusT - I like the filter-in you put on that, I might try playing around with that at some point. I think it might need to filter in a little quicker, but otherwise I think it works well :)
If you give me the source file(s) I can make it sounds much better. :)
HairyLee
Trained
Trained

Post by HairyLee »

Unfortunately I don't have the source file for that song anymore - I made it on an older version of FL & lost the .flp file when I uninstalled it before installing the newer one. N00b.

Learned the hard way!

Just out of curiousity though, what would you have done (i.e. in terms of editing?) I'm still struggling a little bit with getting the mastering right on my tracks.