13 maps - have fun

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Re: 13 maps - have fun

Post by Arreon »

Do you need the trunk version to play on these maps? I don't know how to download the trunk version. I tried, but failed.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

Arreon wrote:Do you need the trunk version to play on these maps? I don't know how to download the trunk version. I tried, but failed.
I don't think you would have to run trunk to be able to play on the maps, but I guess it's possible they look horrible in 2.2.1 since the tiles in trunk and regular wz are very different, and if he made the maps with trunk in mind, it's possible he didn't care about using transitional tiles between different tile types, flipping tiles and that stuff. I don't know, as I haven't downloaded them yet, but I think I saw images in another thread of a "made for trunk" map played in regular 2.2.x, and it was not a pretty sight. :)
I guess the height data and that stuff shouldn't be affected, so if you care more about how the maps play than how they look in 2.2.x, I don't think there should be any problems?
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
zspace
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zspace »

I have already played a few of these on 2.2.1 and they work just fine, no real problems with textures as far as I can tell, the only thing might be in a few places there are textures that look out of place or boxed, but then I never was any good at seeing irregularities in textures.
Overall though some good maps, and some that could pose a very interesting challenge.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

zspace wrote:I have already played a few of these on 2.2.1 and they work just fine, no real problems with textures as far as I can tell, the only thing might be in a few places there are textures that look out of place or boxed, but then I never was any good at seeing irregularities in textures.

Overall though some good maps, and some that could pose a very interesting challenge.
Yup. I can second the gist of that. :)

Regards, whip :ninja:
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

No instruction for dummies liek me on how to install and use them?
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Tenoh wrote:No instruction for dummies liek me on how to install and use them?
Put the map files in your Map folder in your main Warzone 2100 directory like so -

\Warzone 2100\maps

The new custom maps will then show in your map selection menu along with the stock Pumpkin maps.

Regards, whip :ninja:
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

>_< damn i forgot about that lol sorry.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
praefectus
Trained
Trained

Post by praefectus »

I've played most of the 8player maps now, and they're great fun.

Thanks for sharing ! :D
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Yeah but somehow the game slows down for some reason,probably all the buildings and units AI made, its huge pain in the ass to play it soo slow.Though maps are great,love them.
tasubas
New user

Post by tasubas »

ok thanks (gr)