Rebalance 0.5.2

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Rebalance 0.5.2

Post by Zarel »

Nothing really all that new with this release. The main thing is that I fixed it to be compatible with 2.2.

http://guide.wz2100.net/files/rebalance_0.5.2.wz

For those of you still running 2.1 who want to download Rebalance Mod, here it is. This mod is binary-compatible with Rebalance 0.5.1 on 2.1.3 (i.e. you can play any Rebalance 0.5.x version with each other with no problems).

For those of you running 2.2, here's a mod that will do nothing but add multi turrets.

This will be the last release of Rebalance Mod to be guarantee compatibility with 2.1. Future 0.6.x versions will be trunk/2.2-branch only.
zspace
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Rebalance 0.5.2

Post by zspace »

Zarel wrote: For those of you running 2.2, here's a mod that will do nothing but add multi turrets.
One word: WOOT!
Firechkn34
Trained
Trained

Post by Firechkn34 »

This work on 2.2.1? when i use it it crashes
Dies Irae: Day of Wrath
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Are you sure? I've tested it, and it works.

Remember, this is a multiplayer/skirmish mod; it doesn't work with campaign.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Not sure yet if I screwed-up some how but last night I observed 3 Pulse Laser Hard-Points shoot for an eternity, it seemed, at 1 hardened sensor Tower. That Tower must have taken a 100 hits before it went kaput. Thing is I have not touched any weap or struct modifiers.... weird. O_o

Regards, whip :)
Firechkn34
Trained
Trained

Post by Firechkn34 »

i tried it with skirmish. as soon as i hit the little square button it crashed.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

whippersnapper wrote:Not sure yet if I screwed-up some how but last night I observed 3 Pulse Laser Hard-Points shoot for an eternity, it seemed, at 1 hardened sensor Tower. That Tower must have taken a 100 hits before it went kaput. Thing is I have not touched any weap or struct modifiers.... weird. O_o
Sounds about right. AP weapons are really weak against hard structures, especially if you don't have many upgrades, and your enemies have tons of wall upgrades.

I guess I could make them stronger, but it doesn't make much sense for machineguns and lasers to do much damage to a solid concrete wall.
Firechkn34 wrote:i tried it with skirmish. as soon as i hit the little square button it crashed.
Are you sure you're using the right version?
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Hmm...must have that "Star Wars" Laser Death Star on the brain - you know, destroy a whole planet. 'Course Lockhead Martin did take out a patent on just such tech in 2007 and current battlefield laser weaps are in excess of 100 kilowatts.

But I do understand your point about AP in the context of the "normal" WZ game. Then there is that sad fact you cannot really control your struct weap fire as in a command screen so as not to waste firepower on a useless hardened sensor tower when being swarmed by borgs and tanks. That pretty lame all the way around for "normal" WZ game play unless stupid is enfolded into a desirable "norm" by the usual consensus apparatus. Ahh... I'm starting to ramble again.. ;)

Regards, whip :)
Last edited by whippersnapper on 24 Jul 2009, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
Firechkn34
Trained
Trained

Post by Firechkn34 »

Zarel wrote:Are you sure you're using the right version?
right version of what?

I am using 2.2.1 version of warzone and what ever version of rebalance is in this post.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

whippersnapper wrote:Hmm...must have that "Star Wars" Laser Death Star on the brain - you know, destroy a whole planet. 'Course Lockhead Martin did take out a patent on just such tech in 2007 and current battlefield laser weaps are in excess of 100 kilowatts.

But I do understand your point about AP in the context of normal WZ the game.
Well, we do have nearly a laser death star - it's called the LasSat, and it's pretty good against walls - and everything else, for that matter. ;)

Seems to me that smaller lasers would be good enough to melt metals in cyborgs and tanks, but concrete walls would be a good deal less meltable.
Firechkn34 wrote:right version of what?

I am using 2.2.1 version of warzone and what ever version of rebalance is in this post.
Hmm? Weird. Can you tell me the exact command line and/or shortcut you're using to launch Warzone with this mod?
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

whippersnapper wrote:Hmm...must have that "Star Wars" Laser Death Star on the brain - you know, destroy a whole planet. 'Course Lockhead Martin did take out a patent on just such tech in 2007 and current battlefield laser weaps are in excess of 100 kilowatts.
But I do understand your point about AP in the context of normal WZ the game.
Zarel wrote:Well, we do have nearly a laser death star - it's called the LasSat, and it's pretty good against walls - and everything else, for that matter. ;)
Right you are - for all that it comes into game play in any substantive way..
Seems to me that smaller lasers would be good enough to melt metals in cyborgs and tanks, but concrete walls would be a good deal less meltable.
Yep again. 'Cept with a battlefield laser I wouldnot target the base struct made of crete a 100 times... I'd be targeting the turret made of metal - odds are much greater for success. 'Course we are speaking a game & one of its limits which is why I favor "the best defense is an offensive" - and mobility with velocity over entrenched immobility.

Regards, whip :cool:
Firechkn34
Trained
Trained

Post by Firechkn34 »

Zarel wrote:Hmm? Weird. Can you tell me the exact command line and/or shortcut you're using to launch Warzone with this mod?
i am using the mod manager thing-a-magig
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Firechkn34 wrote:i am using the mod manager thing-a-magig
Are you using it with any other mods? It's incompatible with NTW (and most other non-AI mods, for that matter).
Firechkn34
Trained
Trained

Post by Firechkn34 »

yes i am. i am also using the new Power Generator mod and the Gate mod. so is that the problem then?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Yeah, it is.