Warzone 2100 Mod Manager

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Warzone 2100 Mod Manager

Post by milo christiansen »

This is a simple program that finds all mods in your mods dir and lists them. choose any 3 and set a few other options then click "Run Warzone 2100!" and it will translate your input to a command line and start warzone with those options

this program is compatible with my Warzone 2100 Portable launcher the readme has the details

The launguage I used can only be compiled on windows, but if any one wants to convert it I included the source code (the .au3 file) to help show the principle used (it's not very complicated). This is a unicode app so it wont run on win 9.X.

Please send bug reports, ect. to [email protected]

THE NEWEST VERSION IS AT viewtopic.php?p=37505#p37505
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone 2100 Mod Manager

Post by coolkid »

sounds cool i will be trying when i get a bit more free time.
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

make "run" button that launch warzone2100.exe from the same folder as modchanger.exe. It will be better by default.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

you mean make the mod manager so it has to be run from the warzone directory. sorry I cant without breaking compatibility with the portable version and trunk builds.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

milo christiansen wrote:you mean make the mod manager so it has to be run from the warzone directory. sorry I cant without breaking compatibility with the portable version and trunk builds.
You could make it so it checks to see if warzone2100.exe is there, and if so, just use that one, but otherwise ask (also check the default place the exe is in the portable version).

It seems like it would be the best that way.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

There's been an ever growing need for a utility like this since "WZ~Starter" (for v.1.10 Retail) was obsoleted years ago with the
advent of the WRP's cross-platform development.

Fine and valuable work, Milo. :)

Regards, whip :cool:
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Zarel wrote:You could make it so it checks to see if warzone2100.exe is there, and if so, just use that one, but otherwise ask (also check the default place the exe is in the portable version).

It seems like it would be the best that way.
The portable version has no default location.
As to the first, how hard is it to enter two lines in an .ini? I try to make my programs as simple as possible and having to check all the default locations and then load the ini will probably double the line count.
if you really want this then I will start working on it.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

milo christiansen wrote:As to the first, how hard is it to enter two lines in an .ini?
...um. Pretty hard. The whole point of a mod manager is so you don't have to mess with stuff like that. If I wanted to do that, I could just edit my shortcut with the updated mod name...
milo christiansen wrote:I try to make my programs as simple as possible and having to check all the default locations and then load the ini will probably double the line count.
I'd think user friendliness is a bit more important that simplicity.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

I'll get on it.
as for the ini you only have to edit it once, where as a shortcut must be edited every time you run a different mod.
actually on second thought, would a setup utility that generates the ini be a good idea? I mean that if you have a default warzone install you just click next but if you have a custom setup/trunk build you use a common dialog box to browse to your exe.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

milo christiansen wrote:I'll get on it.
as for the ini you only have to edit it once, where as a shortcut must be edited every time you run a different mod.
Yeah, well, to launch a mod from a command line, you only have to edit your shortcut once. Whole point is that people don't want to do that...
milo christiansen wrote:actually on second thought, would a setup utility that generates the ini be a good idea? I mean that if you have a default warzone install you just click next but if you have a custom setup/trunk build you use a common dialog box to browse to your exe.
Works.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

While I haven't tried this yet, what language did you create it with?

You may be able to use QT to make this, then release the source, so the other platforms can compile the program as well. Someone just needs to add the platform specific stuff...
and it ends here.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

I'm sorry but this program is written in autoit v3, the only programing language I know enough about to do more than declare a variable. :(

Warzone 2100 Mod Manager v.1.5
This version will automatically generate the ini file from your input using a file open dialog box or the warzone installer's default settings.
Once again source code is included. The readme has more info.
Attachments
Warzone 2100 Mod Manager v1.5.zip
(417.37 KiB) Downloaded 775 times
- Demigod Game Ganual
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

would also be nice if the inline commands (at least --configdir "." --window) could be selected via the ModManager too.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

1.5 works perfectly!! :)
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

When I get home in a week I will write version 2.0 with a few updates, including the ability to choose more mods and the ability to specify extra commands at run time and in the config file.

By the way version 2.0 will make the Portable launcher obsolete.

Will someone add the fact that version 1.0 is obsolete to my first post. apparently you cant edit your old posts.
- Demigod Game Ganual