BecomePrey 2.92* (NOT the original 2.92!)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Re: BecomePrey 2.92

Post by winsrp »

hmmm.. maybe we have to comment the end of the if too to get it working. I'll try that when i get home. thanks for the info.

Maybe ill remove it when i get to know every single map, but as of now... be gone cheater!!!.
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

winsrp wrote:hmmm.. maybe we have to comment the end of the if too to get it working.
The end of the IF statement is in the same row...therefore is already commented :)
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

yeah... it worked nice actually.. jejeje. I don't get kicked that much, by any change you wouldn't know where to remove the change to have lots of money from start, don't you?

Thats the 2nd thing i was worrying about, since its way too much money from start.
niker
Greenhorn

Post by niker »

Edit the rules file for start money and building limits
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

O_o building limits??? do these overwrite the normal building limits on the multilim.txt?
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

Folks, BP sounds very interesting from reading this whole thread in the last 20 minutes or so. With that being said I'm a little bit confused on a few different occasions. Please note that I haven't played BP yet so I may be incorrect in assuming a few things.

1. The map hack? I don't care about the AI being able to see the oil and enemy HQ's, however if I am allied with the AI will I too be able to see this? (My hopes are that it is hidden to the player)

2. AI friendly maps, I for one am ready for some new. I know that I can download lav's maps and such not from the show case but that severely limits the MP ability to random players I find hanging around the lobby that I often play against. Would it be possible to maybe take out all the original pumpkin maps and in the next release, include a large number (if as much exists) of AI friendly, new, maps as well as the BP in AIV's place?

3. I'm extremely excited to try out BP however, although from reading this thread it seems it's close, I would much rather wait until the few bugs have been fixed and it's optimized for the 2.2 -2.3 experience. I know Niker announced he'll be working for 3.0... Understanding real world time constraints, can we expect the new version of BP relatively soon? (From the information in the thread I cannot gather how much work still needs to be done if much at all.)

As I mentioned in No.2... A lot of people don't understand the different mod's and such not. Why not just offer them the best? If we could really cut down the options, more people would be playing online with the same mod's running and from what I understand less crashes resulting. I would like to see BP with the next version and default (through the command line) with wz. Of course, the advanced users can always go into the command line activate mod's that could in reality, still come with the installer at their preference.

Sorry for the lengthy post.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Not sure if this was posted or not.Why do AI always delete their HQ and remake it outside protection of the base? i never understood it.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

Tenoh wrote:Not sure if this was posted or not.Why do AI always delete their HQ and remake it outside protection of the base? i never understood it.
Mentioned in this thread, a little bit of an explanation for what it's worth.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3637&start=15
zoid
Trained
Trained

Post by zoid »

J.Vaughan wrote:Folks, BP sounds very interesting from reading this whole thread in the last 20 minutes or so. With that being said I'm a little bit confused on a few different occasions. Please note that I haven't played BP yet so I may be incorrect in assuming a few things.

1. The map hack? I don't care about the AI being able to see the oil and enemy HQ's, however if I am allied with the AI will I too be able to see this? (My hopes are that it is hidden to the player)

2. AI friendly maps, I for one am ready for some new. I know that I can download lav's maps and such not from the show case but that severely limits the MP ability to random players I find hanging around the lobby that I often play against. Would it be possible to maybe take out all the original pumpkin maps and in the next release, include a large number (if as much exists) of AI friendly, new, maps as well as the BP in AIV's place?

3. I'm extremely excited to try out BP however, although from reading this thread it seems it's close, I would much rather wait until the few bugs have been fixed and it's optimized for the 2.2 -2.3 experience. I know Niker announced he'll be working for 3.0... Understanding real world time constraints, can we expect the new version of BP relatively soon? (From the information in the thread I cannot gather how much work still needs to be done if much at all.)

As I mentioned in No.2... A lot of people don't understand the different mod's and such not. Why not just offer them the best? If we could really cut down the options, more people would be playing online with the same mod's running and from what I understand less crashes resulting. I would like to see BP with the next version and default (through the command line) with wz. Of course, the advanced users can always go into the command line activate mod's that could in reality, still come with the installer at their preference.

Sorry for the lengthy post.
1.Yes, you can see the whole map at the start of a game if you are allied with BecomePrey. Too bad. :(
2.If you host a game, the other players will auto-download your map.
3.No idea when.
niker
Greenhorn

Post by niker »

3) no idea when, with me entering new school and working on non-gaming AI issues and the current state of WZ but I authorized any kind of BP modding as long as you distinguish your versions from the original.
WZWanderer
Greenhorn

Post by WZWanderer »

Having a minor problem with this... hopefully someone can help me get it working right!

I am running WZ 2.2.3 + BP 2.92. I host a lobby, passworded game for me and my bro to play 2vWhatever, a comp stomp. We use locked teams, and I set the AI teams at game start. When the last unit or factory is destroyed, though, he sees the end-game summary screen but I do not. My game does not end properly. I have to quit out of it, and I don't get my award points on my profile. A couple times we have exposed the entire map just to make sure there were no units or structures hiding, and destroyed every single enemy unit/structure, but the end game screen still doesn't "trigger" for me.

For a long time I was running it using the --mod command line switch, but tonight I read the FAQ again and decided to try the --mod_mp switch, thinking this surely would fix it. But it didn't! (Never tried it before because it says "skirmish" and I thought skirmish meant 1-player. But then I saw there are references to 'multiplay', 'mp', so I figured I'd try it. I have no other idea how to fix the problem anyway!)

I have the mod's .wz file in 'global' and 'multiplay'. He is also running the same game version, same command-line switch/shortcut properties, and has the .wz file in the same folders. (I'm going to double-check this later ... for the 5th time!!! :) ... but for now, assume it is all correct.)

So, any ideas how to fix the problem?

And by the way, I think the mod itself is pretty great! :) Definitely gives a challenge most of the time. I do agree with the poster who said it loses offensive momentum about the time it starts building all the T2 defense, though. But I know it's a work in progress. ...and, honestly, sometimes it might cause my army/base some problems if that "lull" wasn't there! ;)
scrdcow
New user

Post by scrdcow »

Hi! (new to fhe forums)

I have the same problems. Beat BP some hours ago (on greatmap. nice map btw). The same thing happened, and the same things you describe with defeat-screen happened aswell beforehand. I don't have a fix for it. Just wanted to let you know your not alone.

I have another question though; When playing multiplayer do all players have to have the BP mod loaded? My suspiciouns leads me to that conclusion since one play was a pretty easy win and one palyer didn't have BP loaded. And I wonder why, in that case, it's this way? Are the AI calculations somehow divided among the players or how does it work? I can't RTFS, wouldn't understand it ;-)
scrdcow
New user

Post by scrdcow »

Oh, btw, my tactics. We were playing 2 vs. BP on greatmap. We won the game with the following tactic. Built mostly cyborg flamers and some flamer buggy hoover tanks. BP was on the left top and I was at the left bottom so I built a defense with machinegun bunkers and towers on a hill were he sent out units, one at a time. They didn't really stop, just went through shooting a bit as they went. I also started going for more oil and taking out some of BPs derricks, standing in the way on routes and picking out cyborgs aswell. I think it did an attack on my partner but it wasn't much of a problem (had cyborg flamer defense). Meanwhile I went for all the oil derricks and took them out without any attacks comming at me and went straight for the base which wasn't a problem at all, almost no units left except a group of trucks and some borgs. So it was a pretty easy defeat. Still the first time we beat it since were pretty new players.

I was a bit suprised thou that we would take it out with only flamer borgs and some flamer tanks (although many and upgraded weapons and armor for both) because of it's earlier play. It also had no built defense in the base and would always play rush on this level (the only one we've tried with BP). I think we actually had a better sucess this time of controlling it's power supply without getting that much of an attack and my strategic placing of machinebunkers and towers did it.

Will try out the same tactic again when my friend wakes up ;-)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

scrdcow wrote:I have another question though; When playing multiplayer do all players have to have the BP mod loaded?
Yes.
scrdcow wrote:And I wonder why, in that case, it's this way? Are the AI calculations somehow divided among the players or how does it work?
Not sure, but I think it's because everyone simulates their own copy of the game and does their own AI calculations.
xahodo
Greenhorn

Post by xahodo »

Hello,

Me and a friend of mine play against becomeprey quite a bit, and run over it once we get our positions fortified strong enough.

Here's what we noticed:
1) BP doesn't seem to be able to defend against massive attacks (especially air attacks)
2) It isn't able to break through defences consisting of some rotary mg, pepperpot pits and at-towers. It simply doesn't generate a proper response to those defences (tough, long range tanks, cyborgs and air raids).

It does try to apply constant pressure, but at a certain point that's no longer feasable, however BP just continues applying pressure. Focus should move to massive attacks and defense against massive attacks.

Generally speaking, if we get through the first 30 minutes alive, we have won (we always play vs 6 AIs devided in 3 groups of 2). Most of the time we get to wipe two AIs from the map, which is a relatively easy job.