BecomePrey 2.92* (NOT the original 2.92!)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: BecomePrey 2.92

Post by Per »

No.
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

Seems a huge improvment on stock AI. I can confirm that it dosen't cheat as I repeatedly destroyed its oil to run it out of res and it actualy got stuck building structures it didn't have the res for. Still far weaker than a good human player in a 1v1 situation but does better than the stock AI's usual 0 kills 0 structures. Why is this not the default AI it's far better?

Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Because it has show-stopper bugs that nobody has fixed yet.
niker
Greenhorn

Post by niker »

The screenshot is not original BP 2.92 or it has been apparently modded by someone, BP forces blue-green-red teams as part of the BOT rules support unless you play online. I suggest you download the original version and use BOT 0 ruleset for best performance.

As for the bugs, I have reports of some systematic bugs but nothing that would severely affect BP in combat and these will get fixed when the time of next release comes. Understand that BP 2.92 is still meant for old 1.10/1.11 gameplay and the fact it can work under the new versions doesn't mean it will perform the same.

It may be a month and it may be another year before I get to it but I got way too close to the 3.x numbering to give up before I hit it ;)
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

niker wrote:
It may be a month and it may be another year before I get to it but I got way too close to the 3.x numbering to give up before I hit it ;)
YEA ! xD

Regards, whip :ninja:
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

niker wrote:The screenshot is not original BP 2.92 or it has been apparently modded by someone, BP forces blue-green-red teams as part of the BOT rules support unless you play online. I suggest you download the original version and use BOT 0 ruleset for best performance.

As for the bugs, I have reports of some systematic bugs but nothing that would severely affect BP in combat and these will get fixed when the time of next release comes. Understand that BP 2.92 is still meant for old 1.10/1.11 gameplay and the fact it can work under the new versions doesn't mean it will perform the same.

Greetings Niker!

For what it is worth, the BP 2.92 that Zarel set loose was never meant to go into wide distribution. I gave him the files to test, and I wasn't done fixing everything. He saw it fit to release it 'as is'. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I removed the BOT ruleset, while I was fixing things around.

I should have stopped it, but the cat is out of the bag I guess.
At the very least, the version numbers should have been changed. :stare:

Sorry for the confusion all, I just don't have time to go back to fixing the AI to work cleanly on our (debug) releases.
and it ends here.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

well i think BP does cheats, try going into a cooperative skirmish with one of these...

#1, you can inmediatedly see all map... WTF??
#2, it constructs the repair facility when it doesnt even has a research facility... WTF??
niker
Greenhorn

Post by niker »

#1, you as human player CAN see the whole map layout before starting the game, this is a hack to reveal oil locations.
You can see the locations before starting and later on you remember the locations, this hack only evens your huge advantage.

#2, this is a bug, thanks for reporting, I mostly play T2 and T3 games where you alreadfy start with that tech so I never noticed
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Buginator wrote:For what it is worth, the BP 2.92 that Zarel set loose was never meant to go into wide distribution. I gave him the files to test, and I wasn't done fixing everything. He saw it fit to release it 'as is'. :rolleyes:
It's not my fault you "haven't been done fixing everything" for 102+ days. This version is stable enough in release versions; there's not really that much reason why people should wait so many months when it works well enough already.
Buginator wrote:Yeah, I removed the BOT ruleset, while I was fixing things around.

I should have stopped it, but the cat is out of the bag I guess.
At the very least, the version numbers should have been changed. :stare:
Actually, you didn't remove all of it. I removed the colors myself, mostly because I didn't see that much use for it. Might as well get people used to having different colors refer to different enemies.

You're right about the version numbers, though. My apologies.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

niker wrote:#1, you as human player CAN see the whole map layout before starting the game, this is a hack to reveal oil locations.
You can see the locations before starting and later on you remember the locations, this hack only evens your huge advantage.
Well one thing is knowing the maps "layout" and another is knowing were every single oil well is on the map.... at least for me, when i start moving out with my first units, the computer already has the oli even closer to me... i might know the layout, and also how come BP knows where all the main bases of every team is... hmm....
niker
Greenhorn

Post by niker »

I know pretty much all oil locations on every map I ever played and I definitely know where each player starts. If WZ AI could have memory between games, it would be the case as well.

The hack basically reveals all structures that are on map in first 2s. That means oil derricks, map specific structures and enemy HQ in case it is being build in the first 2 seconds, nothing else. Unless you play the map for the first time and without looking at the preview first you should know exactly that much.

If you consider this cheating, activate cheat level 4 (that's what other AIs use) and disable the hack. Other AIs don't need this why? Because they get power anyways from cheats, not to mention the research speed boost which also dramatically helps.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

niker wrote:I know pretty much all oil locations on every map I ever played and I definitely know where each player starts.
Well i don't... i have to explore the old fashion way, so it beats the crap out of me on every map... good to know it does not cheats other than that.

And this leads us to WZ needs more maps... so it can beat the crap out of you too :P , so you can share my frustration.

Another thing i noticed is that on T1, you always start like with ~5000 bucks even on low power setting (which should be around 1500 or so)? and since the computer can handle lots of units at the same time and I, well, can't beats the crap out of me there too, may be a 1 second delay between order would make it more even. So I have to be fast to catch up with the AI, and it can be slower to catch up with me. ;)
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

i do enjoy this AI far more than the normal AI, now the normal AI seems slighty boring...I do like the 5000 power that you start with though. :D
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

This is nice AIlol,it usualy kicks my butt and frustrates me.As for truck jamming,i seen it alot.Anyway AI can sense that truck is jammed and give it another task? oh and the option of map reveal at the start should be added, i dont like AI seeing me from the start.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

for those players who do not like the oilHack which gives visibility of all the oilRes at the beginning of the game, maybe you could try the following:

1) Unpack the BP wz file.
2) Search for the following code in all playersX.slo files (should be around row 1620-1640):

Code: Select all

if(structure3 != NULLOBJECT) { destroyStructure(structure3); }
and

if(boolResult == TRUE) {structure3= addStructure(sensorTower, player, count3, count4 ); }
3) add "//" at the beginning of the rows

// if(structure3 != NULLOBJECT) { destroyStructure(structure3); }
and

// if(boolResult == TRUE) {structure3= addStructure(sensorTower, player, count3, count4 ); }
The code on that row will not be executed, but BP will not see any oilRes too, it has to search for it!
Personally I would leave BP as it is...

Ah...I have not tried it, not sure if BP crashes or not ! :)

Anyway, this feature could be implemeneted by Niker as optional by means of the vlo file.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).