map - memonia9

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: map - memonia9

Post by whippersnapper »

-- The first sticky-spot is between the SW and SE corners. 3 cap angles attached with the mini-map target polygon highlighted
in day-glow green.

Attachments
Sticky Spot 1 View A.jpg
Sticky Spot 1 View B.jpg
Sticky Spot 1 View C.jpg
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

memonia9_possible final release.zip
EDIT: possible final release - unless flaws found and pointed out... thanks for responding.
(109.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet

see beginning of this thread for the file - thanks for testing and providing feedback. :)
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

- Been focused on AI Base Parity for all 4 positions.

- In this last iteration it is achieved for 3 of the 4 positions.

- I've isolated the fix for achieving parity for all 4 positions.

- The screen cap pinpoints the location: just east of the NW Base.

- Build a ramp right where the Trucks are captured to the oil resource. Just one more fix Lav, at least
from what I can tell....

- This is a case I've described elsewhere were the Truck A.I. nullifies unit path finding and AI scripting too
is adversely impacted as well ... Truck AI has ranged on the oil resource as the crow flies and even though it
cannot reach it remains "fixated".instead of disengaging after a number of tics and continuing to explore.
The other fix is to move the oil resource "out of range" and closer to another extant ramp. ..

- This seemingly trivial event totally screws up any AI that occupies the NW Base position. Actually it
will mess up, not nearly so bad, a human player.... human will eventually realize what's happening and manually direct
the trucks to nearest ramp to access the oil. But you have to optimize for A.I. players because even in MP they are used
as allies and position parity still holds...

- Regards, whipper.. :)
Attachments
Last Fix NW Base Ramp.jpg
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

- I'm not sure if I imagined it, but I thought I read somewhere that Per was working on implementing mines. If so
this would be a hell of a map to lay mines.

- @ Bug: Just looking to a new nightly to test and make some save games of BP on this map.

- Some ambush caps.... also an example of scale being a little wonky. In some scenes a Borg can look like a giant Mech (without
the commensurate firepower).
Attachments
Battle 1.jpg
Battle 2.jpg

Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

whippersnapper wrote: - @ Bug: Just looking to a new nightly to test and make some save games of BP on this map.
No hurry, I am still busy with other things.
I just think it would be useful if we had savegame files with tons of units in it for debugging things, checking balance, and so forth.
and it ends here.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Buginator wrote:
No hurry, I am still busy with other things.
I just think it would be useful if we had savegame files with tons of units in it for debugging things, checking balance, and so forth.
- Ok then. I'm gonna switch to my TrinityRedux Map-Mod for a spell which is fully optimized and balanced and results in BP building both Massive Bases & Armies in all quads and in which the PF flow throughout is multi-vectored, multi-tiered, and without any impediments. I like to have fun testing on my own stuff too. ;)

- Regards, whipper. :)

DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

yeh now i'v been waiting longer for this, where's the release of Becomeprey? i whanna play it now!