More Rockies tiles.

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

More Rockies tiles.

Post by Mysteryem »

Using the original tiles I've made some new ones and I've updated some of the edge brushes. Also included is the new tile types and updated dataset.
MoreRockiesTertiles.zip
(381.43 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
I'll upload the tiles for use in-game later.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: More Rockies tiles.

Post by whippersnapper »

Mysteryem wrote:Using the original tiles I've made some new ones and I've updated some of the edge brushes. Also included is the new tile types and updated dataset.
MoreRockiesTertiles.zip
I want to use the tiles in game, but do I have to split up every tile and save them individualy in all of the different sizes? Or is there an easier way?
- My lord that's truly beautiful work. Night and day better. Made a RM map a while back I never released cause I absolutely hated the way
the tile set looked. Thought the whole set needed re-doing but then moved on to another project and never got back to it. With your new
set I feel inspired to redo the map. :)

- I'm not exactly sure what you mean by: "I want to use the tiles in game, but do I have to split up every tile and save them individualy in all of the different sizes? Or is there an easier way?"

- When I made custom TTs I just made one size and used an existing file for the template - same as the original Pumpkin TTs. Does your question have to do with the way Gerard's new renderer handles terrain textures ? (course back in the day there were SW and HW versions.)

-- Regards, whipper :)
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

whippersnapper wrote:- I'm not exactly sure what you mean by: "I want to use the tiles in game, but do I have to split up every tile and save them individualy in all of the different sizes? Or is there an easier way?"
I'll need to split the page into individual tiles so warzone can use them.

Also, I didn't make all of those, rather I replaced them with the ones used by the game. The maps in editworld always looked so tatty and horrible compared to how they came out in game.
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Mysteryem wrote:
I'll need to split the page into individual tiles so warzone can use them.

Also, I didn't make all of those, rather I replaced them with the ones used by the game. The maps in editworld always looked so tatty and horrible compared to how they came out in game.
- I did compare your set to the 32EW set and the game binary set I have in the .wz file & to my eye they looked better
in both cases and by that I meant they "popped" plus I like your add-ons as well.

- EDIT: Oh wait a second, I think I'm totally miss-understanding what your getting at. How I used to make custom tertiles was that I had a blank template sized to exact pixel dimensions of an original tertile. When done I'd cut and past precisely to the text page in the position of the tile it was replacing. Repeating for every tile I replaced with a custom tile - up to 80 custom tiles in a 90 tile set which my doppelganger Moro posted in the Screen Shots thread, btw with in-game screens as well HERE. (You can see the clear demarcation of individual tiles on that page 'cause the textures are so radically different.) Is there any easier process than what I described ? Not that I can think of.

--Regards, whipper. :)
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Mysteryem wrote:I want to use the tiles in game, but do I have to split up every tile and save them individualy in all of the different sizes? Or is there an easier way?
I removed this because a couple of the developers pointed me towards the tile_texpage2mipmap_tileset tool (http://developer.wz2100.net/browser/tru ... ap_tileset). Unfortunately I am curently unable to use it.