Ultimate Warfare V1.0 for 2.1.x Released!

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Ultimate Warfare V1.0 for 2.1.x Released!

Post by Black Project »

Ultimate Warfare V1.0 (A.K.A. Ultimate Killer Mod)

Hi

After a long time of work, i decided to release the UKM, but now with a different name (Ultimate Warfare)

The mod is still in development, so future versions will be released with the time.

Features:

New Weapons

7.62mm MG
Twin 7.62mm MG
Browning M2HB
HGMR (Homing Guided Mini-Rocket)
M61 Vulcan
Twin M61 Vulcan
Tornado Flak Turret
Hypersonic Cannon
Auto-Cannon
Twin Auto-Cannon
Twin Heavy Cannon
Super Twin Heavy Cannon
Plasma Laser
Plasma Cannon Artillery
Devastator Missile (BB Missile)
Mass Driver Cannon

3 Repair Turrets Available

Repair Turret
Medium Repair Turret
Heavy Repair Turret

9 New Jump Cyborgs available to build:

Jump Needle Gunner
Jump Scourge
Jump Flashlight Gunner
Jump M61 Vulcan Gunner
Jump Revenger SAM
Jump Thermite Flamer
Jump Lancer
Jump Combat Enginner
Jump Mechanic Cyborg

2 New Body Classes:

Special European Bodies
Fish
Dolphin
Whale

Black Project Bodies (Replaces Project Bodies)
Black Viper
Black Cobra
Black Python

4 new VTOL templates for you:
VTOL Truck
VTOL Spotter
VTOL CB Spotter
VTOL Repair

New and harder AI to challenge with it's new templates

Gate Feature available (Credits: Tiuz)

New Sky (gerard_)

Day/Night feature (V1.12 patch - NTW Mod V1.6.6)

Issues:

Hellstorm, Ground Shaker and Ripple Rocket Artillery limited to defensive use only, in the Version 1.1, the Archangel Missile is the next.

Wide Spectrum Sensor is OFF to vehicles, only available in it's Tower variant

Bomb Bays renamed to:
HE Bombs Bay (Cluster Bomb Bay)
HE Incendiary Bombs Bay (Phosphor Bomb Bay
HEAP Bombs Bay (Heap Bomb Bay)
HEAP Incendiary Bombs Bay (Thermite Bomb Bay)
Plasmite Bombs Bay (Plasmite Bomb)
EMP Bombs Bay (EMP Missile Launcher)

Defenses

Gravity Well Fortress (Uses Plasma Laser Tecnology, only aerial targets)
Twin Mass Driver Fortress
Nuclear Missile Silo (Blast your enemies with this puppy, in order, to build it, you must demolish the LasSat)

More you can see if you play the mod

Comments, suggestions and requests are welcome here

Please report bugs, errors and crashes so i can fix fast as possible.

Have Fun

Regards BP
Ultimate Warfare V1.0.zip
Contain GPL License, Install, Credits and the mod
(2.75 MiB) Downloaded 1152 times
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Re: Ultimate Warfare V1.0 for 2.1.x Released!

Post by Alpha93 »

Ok,I had some spare time to get a first general view...
Stock AI?
I would like an AI that can EFFECTIVELY counter you in small spaces and with the right weaponry as all what I had to do was to produce 2 M61 Retaliation Tracks and wait for my CPU Ally to do the job with their bunkers(used also Bunker Busters but...CYBORGS?!)then recycle my two M61 and put them as Twin M61 Retribution
BAM.PWNT.
This mod is nice but requires a bit more work on AI(it's still a little stock,before the first test battle ended,it had like a lolwtfh4x numbers of CYBORGS)
I also had the chance to test out Urban Chaos and imo is good for some Team Fights but not suitable for 1 Player skirmish cuz of the AI being a bit stock.
Requires some fixes but no bug to report.Good stuff anyway to me. ;)
Xfire-->chris37killer
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

a great mod.. keep it up :)
Moro_Nick
Trained
Trained

Post by Moro_Nick »

From past experience I know most of these additions can be game play changers as a solo add-ons. Like vtol trucks when we first
introduced them led to Truck Rushes. Or the Sniper Jump Borg and some of the Gunships of v.1.11 were also terribly unbalancing in
their first release.

Guess what I'm asking is what kind of multi-player play testing did you do to balance all these new game changer additions ? That was the biggest challenge in comprehensive mods like this and the only way we could get to a good balance was with tons and tons of clan play testing or really
strong mp players..
New and harder AI to challenge with it's new templates
Templates are helpful esp if you include a mobile sensor right out of the gate that is on continuous patrol (yes, that is possible to script) but you need to change from the stock a.i. behavior scripts because they're not very challenging (also its research advance is not optimized to winning mp tacs). I would suggest looking at Pumpkin's own v.1.04 A.I. scripts (nicely balanced difficulty too)... it was their best A.I., imho,and better than the current stock (v.1.10 a.i. ?).

Best of luck, l8r Moro.
_ Cliques are group masturbation.

_ Art is in the eye of the beholder, even the color blind.

_ The jaded are merely feckless.

_ Audacity rewards. Contrary to scripture, the meek shall only inherit indelible memories of failed nerve.
manaze
Trained
Trained

Post by manaze »

testing now
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Moro_Nick wrote:From past experience I know most of these additions can be game play changers as a solo add-ons. Like vtol trucks when we first
introduced them led to Truck Rushes. Or the Sniper Jump Borg and some of the Gunships of v.1.11 were also terribly unbalancing in
their first release.

Guess what I'm asking is what kind of multi-player play testing did you do to balance all these new game changer additions ? That was the biggest challenge in comprehensive mods like this and the only way we could get to a good balance was with tons and tons of clan play testing or really
strong mp players..

Templates are helpful esp if you include a mobile sensor right out of the gate that is on continuous patrol (yes, that is possible to script) but you need to change from the stock a.i. behavior scripts because they're not very challenging (also its research advance is not optimized to winning mp tacs). I would suggest looking at Pumpkin's own v.1.04 A.I. scripts (nicely balanced difficulty too)... it was their best A.I., imho,and better than the current stock (v.1.10 a.i. ?).

Best of luck, l8r Moro.
I can also look for the Aivolution and other AIs that i still know (GK AI, Become Prey, etc), but i'll keep searching for the 1.04 patch and it's AI

Regards
Moro_Nick
Trained
Trained

Post by Moro_Nick »

OK, I have em all... here is Pumpkin's v.1.04 scripts in attached .rar... it will be very straightforward to integrate into your mod - most
of the other a.i.s won't be. Aivolution with Tank Transport Drops is magnificent - course it's not the Aivolution in the wrp distro. The latest BecomePrey ai,
created 5 months ago, is also a super elite ai but even though it absolutely does not cheat (and you cannot even force it to cheat with the slider UI) one on one it will wipe the floor with 99.99% of WZ players unless you take at least one a.i. player as an ally.... so I would stay away from it because it will just make players cry that it is too hard. Both GK and the Turtle are very specialized ai personalities and were designed to work best with other ai personalities at the same time using WZ Starter Utility. H2O ai is also magnificent but not readily integrated - same with AI Boost. Try v.1.04 - I think most will find it sufficiently challenging without being utterly brutal like BP.

Cheers, Moro
Attachments
Original 1.04.rar
(10.27 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

_ Audacity rewards. Contrary to scripture, the meek shall only inherit indelible memories of failed nerve.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

It would be good if somebody could port some of the 1.x era AIs to 2.1/2.2. Some need very little work in order to get them to run. Sure be a good MOD.

Regards, Freddie.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

EvilGuru wrote:It would be good if somebody could port some of the 1.x era AIs to 2.1/2.2. Some need very little work in order to get them to run. Sure be a good MOD.

Regards, Freddie.
The stock V1.04 AI worked on 2.1.0, i only needed to rename it.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

OK, there's some screenshots of the 1.04 AI in action in the future V1.1
wz2100_shot_035.png
wz2100_shot_030.png
wz2100_shot_026.png
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

I noticed some audio problems after long time playing...
Btw wasn't arty supposed to be defensive only?<.<
Before
Before
Attachments
After &lt;.&lt;
After <.<
Xfire-->chris37killer
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Alpha93 wrote:I noticed some audio problems after long time playing...
I noticed too, gotta change or mod some sounds
Alpha93 wrote:Btw wasn't arty supposed to be defensive only?<.<
No, i only limited the Ground Shaker, Hellstorm and the Ripple Rocket to make the Howitzer useful when mounted into vehicles in mobile long range attacks.

I know the Tomahawk is too powerfull, but because i'll limit the Archangel Missile in the future 1.1 version, i don't wan't to took out the missile artillery class, so the Tomahawk can still be mouted on vehicles, but i'll increase the reload time to 800 (before 600) and reduce the range to 8000 or 7000 (before 10000)

Regards
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

Tomahawk isn't overpowered
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BGM-109_Tomahawk
That's the correct name...
And if I remember well the M2HB is an American Heavy MG used during WW2 isn't it?
Xfire-->chris37killer
manaze
Trained
Trained

Post by manaze »

sensor tower a little hard to get ahold of.......
Moro_Nick
Trained
Trained

Post by Moro_Nick »

Black Project wrote:OK, there's some screenshots of the 1.04 AI in action in the future V1.1

-- That's some serious whup-arse goin on in those screen caps. Nice. :twisted:

-- That map looks devilish fun too with it's convergence out of cliff enclosures from what looks like
6 vectors.

-- You make a lot of new cool stuff to play with BP ... I wonder how it shakes out in serious MP as far
as changing the usual limited game play, arms-race imperative. I wish I still played MP to find out. I hope
some of the MPers who play your Mod will share that experience here. In my head I'm thinking it's gotta
make a huge difference.

-- I'm also thinking your making some adjustments to the v.1.04 a.i. templates to utilize your new units - that will be
much fun in skirmish no doubt. All in all, fresh and original, game play - .and fierce competition to boot. That's a
lot to offer. Thanks. xD

- Regards, Moro.