I got bored…

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: I got bored…

Post by Mysteryem »

elio wrote:would you mind to publish your work so we could view it ingame? :)
Sure, just if anbody goes about using this then please give me credit. When you download it please take a brief moment to read through the text document, it will explain the files.
If you can't open zipped folders then I can upload a winrar archive.
Attachments
Fortress stuff.zip
(275.84 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

do you want to license it with http://creativecommons.org/licenses/GPL/2.0/ or http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

(or just say, everything i contribute to wz is licensed as... ^^)
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Should I carry on with making fortresses? Here's another one I've made using the previous one as a template:
The writing is just my ideas for how it would be used.
Trifortress.png
Now to look for ideas on what sort of aa turret I should make :)
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Awesome. Thoses huge Weapons rock. Very well designed, rich of Detail. :3 Might get too much Polygons fast, but i think, those are too big and too heavy for Tanks anyway. 3x3 Tiles are fine, i would say, so how much Life and Defense will it have? Should Fortesses be harder to destroy than Walls? I think so. And If you do too, they should be comparative more expensive.

About the Problem with the Weapons firing it's own Fortress: How about making them lift up dynamically? Then they might see the Enemy and fire it. They would still be able to fire the Fortess though, but well.. One little Problem lesser. O_o

I like both of your Fortesses. And i would love a round one, which has an "Assembly Line" with the Turrets on it and which can lift up and down, so Weapons could fire in a 360° Angle. I wish i could show you, how i mean this.. :-S

I wonder, what comes out of that Door... :scream:

EDIT: Is it possible to design "Multi Building Structures"? I mean, if a Structure can have more than one Ability. Every one of those Turret-Places of this Fortress could then have it's own Turret - you just click on the Fortress, then you see the 3-4 or whatever Turret-Places and can give it a Weapon. :cool: Or you can click on every Turret-Place as it's own, like the Fortress would be more than one Structure. This would allow Fortresses to grow up with your researched Technology. You can switch the Weapons of it.
:ninja:
wari
Trained
Trained

Post by wari »

Would there be any way to build these over oil derricks?
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Edit:Scroll down for new SAM
Zi-Chan wrote:Awesome. Thoses huge Weapons rock. Very well designed, rich of Detail. :3 Might get too much Polygons fast, but i think, those are too big and too heavy for Tanks anyway. 3x3 Tiles are fine, i would say, so how much Life and Defense will it have? Should Fortesses be harder to destroy than Walls? I think so. And If you do too, they should be comparative more expensive.

About the Problem with the Weapons firing it's own Fortress: How about making them lift up dynamically? Then they might see the Enemy and fire it. They would still be able to fire the Fortess though, but well.. One little Problem lesser. O_o

I like both of your Fortesses. And i would love a round one, which has an "Assembly Line" with the Turrets on it and which can lift up and down, so Weapons could fire in a 360° Angle. I wish i could show you, how i mean this.. :-S

I wonder, what comes out of that Door... :scream:

EDIT: Is it possible to design "Multi Building Structures"? I mean, if a Structure can have more than one Ability. Every one of those Turret-Places of this Fortress could then have it's own Turret - you just click on the Fortress, then you see the 3-4 or whatever Turret-Places and can give it a Weapon. :cool: Or you can click on every Turret-Place as it's own, like the Fortress would be more than one Structure. This would allow Fortresses to grow up with your researched Technology. You can switch the Weapons of it.
Unfortunately most of that would require scripting (I think) which I have no knowledge of at all :(
Although your last comment might be possible in the future, I think we might have a structure designer some day. And I can put different weapons on the structures, just, they don't work very well. I added a SAM to the top or the triangular fortress, but whenever a tank was in firing range of the cannons the SAM would try to shoot but fail, everything focusses on one target, even if it can't hit it.
wari wrote:Would there be any way to build these over oil derricks?
I don't know, but probably not, I only really make the 3d stuff, I suppose you could split it up into parts that go around an oil derick, then when you build it it builds all of those parts instead of just that one, the gates mod made me think of this. I think it does something similar.

Last but not least, here's my new SAM for putting ontop of the triangular fortress.
(This is a slightly old copy that contains both the muzzle and the mount, unfortunately it's poly and point count is a bit high.
Polygons: 181
Connectors: 1
NewSAM.png
Last edited by Mysteryem on 04 Jan 2009, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Zi-Chan wrote:
EDIT: I.........This would allow Fortresses to grow up with your researched Technology. You can switch the Weapons of it.
- Pumpkin wrote code for this and implemented it in Patch v.1.05 (I think, it's been a while) but then disabled it in the next patch.

- The code name was Transformations. The main criticism from the community at the time was that it should NOT be an
autonomous ability. With the successful implementation of Beta Widget there is a possibility to use the Transformations code
but making it a gamer "Switch-Task" instead of "autonomous". In this last I merely speculate since I am not developer for WZ.

- Regards.
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

whippersnapper wrote: - Pumpkin wrote code for this and implemented it in Patch v.1.05 (I think, it's been a while) but then disabled it in the next patch.

- The code name was Transformations. The main criticism from the community at the time was that it should NOT be an
autonomous ability. With the successful implementation of Beta Widget there is a possibility to use the Transformations code
but making it a gamer "Switch-Task" instead of "autonomous". In this last I merely speculate since I am not developer for WZ.

- Regards.
Do you mean like the bug with flashlights (probably fixed a while ago) that when you researched the heavy laser they all turned into heavy lasers?
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

so, the fortress is included now in our 'originals' repository.
check out: http://developer.wz2100.net/browser/ori ... n-fortress

(you haven't got any edit rights so if you've a new / updated version, i'll do it for you)

regards
elio
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Another fotress but this time it's triangular in shape and has a massive SAM ontop.
The SAM uses fxscudm.pie as its projectile.
Attachments
forttri.pie
Triangular fort base
(11.71 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
megaSAMmuzz.pie
Fortress SAM turret muzzle
(12.76 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
megaSAMmnt.pie
Fortress SAM turret mount
(402 Bytes) Downloaded 358 times
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

whippersnapper wrote: - Pumpkin wrote code for this and implemented it in Patch v.1.05 (I think, it's been a while) but then disabled it in the next patch.
- Regards.
Do you mean like the bug with flashlights (probably fixed a while ago) that when you researched the heavy laser they all turned into heavy lasers?
- Yup. 'Cept it only applied to HP weaps.

- Kwel work btw. Too bad Fortress code does not account for independent weap types and treats the whole thing as a single hard point event.

Regards......

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Mysteryem wrote:Last but not least, here's my new SAM for putting ontop of the triangular fortress.
(This is a slightly old copy that contains both the muzzle and the mount, unfortunately it's poly and point count is a bit high.
Polygons: 181
Connectors: 1
NewSAM.png
That would make an epic replacement for the existing SAM turrets, which look rather naff IMO, or maybe some kind of heavy rocket barrage artillery. Hell, the missile itself could be used standalone, as a smaller single launcher unit for a cruise missile or something.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

so , are we able to use this awesome fortress ? =D moddelers on the forums doing greater and greater things evrytime i look on the forums!!! ^^
Kharos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kharos »

Put an AA gun (or 2 to make it effective) and you may have the single best structure ever made. Besides the bunny adoption building next door to my base. That's awesome :3
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

:stare: bunny adoption ??? oh right!! to make the rabbit stew with... ok sure!! xD