A little something I am working on

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
kipman725
Trained
Trained

A little something I am working on

Post by kipman725 »

This is a 2v2 multi player map so far the height map is done, it would be nice to be able to have bridges in warzone for the central zone. It's designed to negate rush tactics through forcing the attacking player through choke points that are easy to defend. Hopefully when cyborg transports are fixed it will have some interesting airlift style play.
Attachments
Height map V1
Height map V1
2v2.png (2.9 KiB) Viewed 6096 times
elio
Regular
Regular

Re: A little something I am working on

Post by elio »

i like the layout

there's a fix for cyborg transports http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/33 made by buggy

afaik2 bridges was a (disabled) feature for the original warzone, but it has never been completed. the current game mechanics (moving, path finding, etc..) is not ready
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Whats the problem with cyborg transports?
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Bridges weren't just disabled, they were only partially implemented by Alex M. at Pumpkin.

From what I remember in the source, it also seems that they were having problems with it.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

doom3r wrote:Whats the problem with cyborg transports?
Lets just say, they could be used to uber cheat in a MP game.

However, as elio said, it has been fixed awhile ago.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Ha I thought there was some kind of bug, I like cyber transports but I never used them too much, I sometimes turtle then send out 6-7 transports full of pwnage-cyborgs (scourge heavies)... And I can tell you that they Really pwn! xD

So i think it would be great to play in this map with transports, like kipman said.
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

Buginator wrote:Lets just say, they could be used to uber cheat in a MP game.

However, as elio said, it has been fixed awhile ago.
Just like doom3r I thought there was a bug, since I have some vague memories of not being able to load any cyborgs into my transports some versions back.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

Included a teaser pic... as I have spent all day texturing and still only about 50% done lots of tidying up and adding elevation intrest to do.
Attachments
mapscreen.png
MetalBeast
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalBeast »

Looks good, I like your style.
Do you have any problems with edge brush, or are you texturing the whole map manually ?
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

edge brushes mostly I am worried that it may not be using the correct terain attributes however as at one point I used the water brush and the level of the water areas didn't sink to sea level.
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

Ok so this is the initial version and some editor files to play with its pathfinding will be improved thanks to the people that posted in my last map thread however to do this I will have to start from the height map again so it will take quite a while. It's quite playable at the moment just units need hand holding a little. I played against the stock AI and only barley won after giving it some time to build up so the ai isn't jamming too bad (pretty much constant stream of units from it).
Attachments
twotwo.zip
(70.09 KiB) Downloaded 275 times