New AI Mod for the Warzone 2100 2.0.x Version

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Black Project
Regular
Regular

New AI Mod for the Warzone 2100 2.0.x Version

Post by Black Project »

This is a preview of the AI i'm still developing, it will be in the Ultimate Killer Mod (Not Finished Yet), it's only for the 2.0.x version.

Enjoy :)
NewAI.wz
(97.14 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
INSTALL.txt
(206 Bytes) Downloaded 316 times
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 28 Aug 2008, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: locked topic at request of topic starter - didnt delete due to content is interesting.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: New AI Mod for the Warzone 2100 2.0.x Version

Post by Buginator »

Is there any reason why you are working on 2.0.x?

The reason I ask is that soon, 2.1 will be out of beta status, and nobody could play your mod with that version.
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

maybe 2.1 is crap? lol who knows^^. but i have to say that i dont like some things in 2.1 (balance).
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

It should be noted that we are no longer accepting/handling bug reports for 2.0.x for the most part. I would be surprised if there was another 2.0.x release (unless that is someone wants to maintain it).

A huge amount of code has changed under the hood between 2.0.x and 2.1, with the latter being a lot easier to work with.

Regards, Freddie.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Buginator wrote:Is there any reason why you are working on 2.0.x?

The reason I ask is that soon, 2.1 will be out of beta status, and nobody could play your mod with that version.
What you talking about nobody will download it :scream: This mod is for those that doesn't like the original AI of the 2.0.x, and wants a new challenging AI :stressed:

Many people plays the 2.1, but for some reason, plays the 2.0.x too.

The reason i'm working in it is because want to show that the 2.0.x is not so bad against the 2.1, the NTW Mod and the T1 Balancer Mod are mods which gives you a new opportunity to play diferent than the original one, this mod had the same objective.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

2.0.x is flawed in many respects — the main one being that it will not run under 64-bit systems. Therefore, any Linux users running a 64-bit system will find it hard, and time consuming to get 2.0.x to run. (I believe all of the developers who use Linux run 64-bit set-ups.)

The second major flaw is that the netcode does not facilitate net play between PowerPC Macintosh systems and Windows/Intel Macintosh systems.

By writing/modifying it for 2.1 you will get a much larger audience (people will not stick with 2.0.x forever), support (if you find a bug in the scripting engine etc, there is a very good chance we will be able to help you with it) and future proofing. The scripting engine (thanks largely to the work of Troman) is vastly improved in 2.1 and has many extra features and abilities not present in 2.0.x.

Regards, Freddie.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Black Project wrote:
Buginator wrote:Is there any reason why you are working on 2.0.x?

What you talking about nobody will download it :scream: This mod is for those that doesn't like the original AI of the 2.0.x, and wants a new challenging AI :stressed:
O_o I said nobody could play it with 2.1, not that nobody would download it.
Many people plays the 2.1, but for some reason, plays the 2.0.x too.

The reason i'm working in it is because want to show that the 2.0.x is not so bad against the 2.1, the NTW Mod and the T1 Balancer Mod are mods which gives you a new opportunity to play diferent than the original one, this mod had the same objective.
Um, beside what EvilGuru said, I just meant that 2.0.x is pretty much on life support, and the plug will be pulled soon, unless someone wants to continue support for that.

I was just trying to get you to port it to 2.1, so that your mod will have more exposure, which is, what I assume you want?
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

I will make another AI. but this time for the 2.1 BETA 4, i want to delete this topic, but i am not a moderator, can someone delete it?

:)
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

i have a solution for the version problems if anyone would ever read the suggestions thread.
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)