Help! Made Scavenger Infantry

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Lord High Unggoy
Greenhorn

Help! Made Scavenger Infantry

Post by Lord High Unggoy »

So, I changed the scavenger infantry body model to be designable in campaign (which I did with all the other scavenger stuff), but now they act like vehicles with no animations. Anyone have an idea on how to fix it so I can make actual infantry with animations?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found out you can just enable the scavenger infantry template in the template file, you just have to use the give all cheat to be able to build them.
Last edited by Lord High Unggoy on 14 May 2020, 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Re: Help! Made Scavenger Infantry

Post by MIH-XTC »

This may or may not be what you're referring to...

For every designable body we have to specify in body.json which propulsions can work with that body using the propulsionExtraModels attribute. Similarly, if we want to add new propulsions to the game we have to specify which bodies work with that propulsion.

Here is some random example from body.json
Spoiler:
So I suspect you're missing the propulsions for the scavenger body model you enabled.
Lord High Unggoy
Greenhorn

Post by Lord High Unggoy »

Well no, all that seems to do is make the infantry have tracks next to it. I have already done that to have flying buses/bus tanks.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make the scavenger infantry producible, but also keep their animations. Replacing the Cyborg model does this, however it replaces all cyborgs. I just want to add the infantry, not have to change anything into the infantry.
I made the babalegs designable too, but putting them with the scavenger body doesn't enable correct animations. If you know how to do that, that would be very kind of you to explain it to me.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

I don't know. :(
aliswe
Trained
Trained

Post by aliswe »

I for one would like to get rid of the scavenger models in WZ, and replace them with similar animated counterparts.

How difficult would it be to change these config files to make them use the cyborg PIE models (ie. animated legs) but with their own texture?